Regular GT legends meetings

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
PoTzy

Post by PoTzy »

Yep excellent race WJ and to the rest of the guys. Everyone was checking their mirrors and driving well.
The best race I have had online with GT legends bar none. 40 minutes of side by side racing you just can't beat with an excellent and fair opponent. Look foward to the next race thats for sure.
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Yeah congrats to Potzy, absolutely awesome battle with WJ there. I got to watch the second half of the race with you guys duking it out and I can't say I have seen such close racing at the top of the order online ever. Was having a top run with Michelle until I stuffed up and double shifted down ending my run into the armco. I reckon the next few laps were gonna get interesting too as she was catching me up steadily. Great race though and looking forward to next Monday. Got a feeling I won't be as competitive though, I have had bugger all time behind the GTC76 cars but I have no doubt I will enjoy it all the same :D
Speed

Post by Speed »

My apologies.
We will be racing TC65 cars.
I thought that I would change to 76 cars to try to attract a few more players, however after thinking about it I know that most of the guys who raced last night would prefer TC65 cars & the faster cars would only spread the field.
I hope I haven't caused too much confusion. :)
Speed

Post by Speed »

Well last nights race was a bit of a fizzer. Pings were quite high during practise & qualifying & because of the high pings we ended up having the start line bug where half of the cars could not grid up.
The problem seemed to be associated with Simon Pro, because as soon as he left, the pings dropped from 600 to under 200
We eventually started the race without too much drama but decided against doing another qualifying session.

Brett Stone had an unchallenged win & will certainly be someone to watch out for in the upcoming XGN league.
Potzy drove steadily for a good second & WJ finished another 13 seconds back after a pretty dumbarsed self spin.
Staffy is gonna have to get his crew chief glasses or pay them extra to fuel his car to the finish. :rofl:

Hock Qualify top 11

Hock Qualfying 12 & 13

Hock finishing order

Hock fastest laps
Cal

Post by Cal »

That was the 1st organised GTL race I've been in. Was a bummer so many got booted at the start. Not sure why I didn't feature in the results. I did about 15 laps, but had to go unfortunately. A result of the late start. Had a run with the 2 Falcons in the 1st few laps before a silly mistake. Then tried to fight off and then stay with Michelle a bit later on which was also fun.

While we were waiting for the race to start I was running around with Simon Pro and he had pings of 120. Don't think he was the problem.

See you Sunday night.

Cheers,

Cal.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Hey I finally found the forum :) Sort of lost track of where ARSE went after RSC...tho I can remember a couple of emails from Norbs saying something about moving, but who reads emails from Norbs anyway :lol:

It was funny last night starting the race from somewhere infield with about 3 other cars on top of me while I was sinking into the ground... I should have taken a screenshot - Looks like low bandwidth is a real killer in GTL

I was expecting Potzy to come flying up behind me at the start of the race, but I was able to keep a 10-15 second buffer and take the win - would have been a different story if I had of run the Stang...

Looking forward to Sunday :D
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Love that avatar speed :D
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

have you guys considered also trying a race with some of the quicker cars? i just had a race with a Capri RS against a bucketload of porsche's and a couple of panteras, besides the lag (euro server) it was a hoot :D im looking foward to buying a CSL instead though, should be more fun :) especially on some of the bigger tracks like Hockenheim/spa/nurburgring GP, perhaps even dijgon?
Now with Added Flickr
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

CSL is a slower car than the Capri. The Schnitzer might have half a chance in the right hands but it brakes like a dog and the Alpina handles nicely but seriously lacks power. :tilt:
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

How often you guys play? I just got the game couple days ago but havent seen anyone on yet :(

Anyone up for something tonight?
pogo

Post by pogo »

I've been out the last couple of nights, having a ball :D Will be out there again tonite Sam.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i might sneak my ARSE in tonight too :D
Hello :aussie:
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

ill be there :)
Now with Added Flickr
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

When is the next race guys?

Also...

Do I need to 'unlock' the cars in single player to use them online?
I'd prefer not to use the cheat, I want to play the single player game :)
Steve
---
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

SE1Z wrote:When is the next race guys?

Also...

Yep, you need to unlock the cars (but not the tracks) to use them online.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

SE1Z wrote:When is the next race guys?

Also...

here's a schedule, there was an excellent race just yesterday:
http://gtl.ysuprogramming.com/events.php

but you need to go to the xgn forums for signup, the site is under development.
Ahm...the signup is closed...but I guess if you talk to speed he can put you in. Just pm him.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I've sent speed a PM on XGN :)