A GPL Rookie

GPL related chat
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

A GPL Rookie

Post by r8response »

ok so i took a large dive, being on 56k the GPL 2004 Demo is 85mb, and took the good part of a night to d/l. but the wait was well worth it, omg what a game power sliding around corners, some of the best fun i've had in a long time. my dad was wondering by the door, as the oldies do, walks in and has a quick look and is quite surprised at the game.

now he's one of these ol buggers thats starts to rant on about how F1 drivers these days don't know how to really drive a car, with all this electro crap. helping them accelerate, brake steer. as well as haveing enough downforce to literally glue the car to the road.

so anyway here i am sliding the car around the corners of watkins glen, at one stage sliding right on the edge of a corner around another car, havin the time of my life. when boom my psu decides to die. mmmm love the smell of burning plastic in the afternoon.

lo and behold i had the same thing happen a month or 2 earlier. and what should be sitting beside me, but a lovely looking psu. i slip it in power up and here we are.

now to the fun part. is there anyone out there that can burn/backup me a copy with all the most up to date cars and tracks. if anyone can that'd be a great help. i don't know what i can give back in return but we can hopefully work something out.

p.s. have a great christmas. and if you go out for a drink. walk or take a taxi home.
vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Post by vipergod »

Dude hope ya had a good one today

drop me a line at
vipergod1@optusnet.com.au
i'll see what i can do

have you been to vroc or igor ?

that is where we go to race online
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

sweet, I recorded a 8:44.** at nurby the other day and I'm still feelin proud! :D
GPL at nurbs would be great with a full field of similarly skilled guys I think, but it'll be a while til i get up with the regular pace :P

if your after a challenge in gpl... that is one of them :)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

or a 1:27 at Monza, a 1:04 at the Glen... :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I don't think I ever had a good 'race' at Nurby. Cars would just get way too spread out after the inevitable first corner crash. Monza, on the other hand, has seen some fantasticly close scraps. :tilt:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

14 miles, 176 corners and there's only about 3 places you can pass :) Sods law dictates you won't be anywhere near another car when you get to those places.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Exar Kun wrote:I don't think I ever had a good 'race' at Nurby. Cars would just get way too spread out after the inevitable first corner crash. Monza, on the other hand, has seen some fantasticly close scraps. :tilt:
65 mod Mick? :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

norbs wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:I don't think I ever had a good 'race' at Nurby. Cars would just get way too spread out after the inevitable first corner crash. Monza, on the other hand, has seen some fantasticly close scraps. :tilt:
Hehe - overtaking each other 2 or 3 times per lap certainly gets the heart rate up! :tilt:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Exar Kun wrote:
norbs wrote:
Hehe - overtaking each other 2 or 3 times per lap certainly gets the heart rate up! :tilt:
And there I was thinking you were just toying with me. I nearly yanked the wheel off the bloody desk 4 or 5 times. :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

norbs wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:
norbs wrote: 65 mod Mick? :)
And there I was thinking you were just toying with me. I nearly yanked the wheel off the bloody desk 4 or 5 times. :)
Bloody low powered 65s - I just couldn't get you out of my slipstream!!