Australian Cricket Resting Players

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Australian Cricket Resting Players

Post by Vilante »

What do you guys think about the Aussie cricket team resting players?

I think it's a joke. If they are playing that many games that they need to rest players they are playing too many games.

If I pay to see Australia play (even if I watch on TV) I want to see our top 11.

Someone at the ground today has a funny sign, it says "hit me a six Ponting" (Ponting is crossed out and Gilley is written below it).
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yep, I think it's crap. I want to watch the full strength team. We really don't have the depth in talent at the moment to warrant all this swapping (as shown by our recent defeats) and also the logic behind who gets played or rested (or dropped) seems crazy too.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Now we know how English (or any European for that matter) football fans feel, very rarely do you get a full strength team at all games. :shake:
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Thing is without rest you risk seeing the top 11 not playing as the top 11 as they're worn out and in desperate need of a rest. If players say that the season is so long that a rest is beneficial, and they have said it, then playing them on and on risks either burning them out or them simply having to make the decision themselves to rest.

On top of that, that talent and experience which is currently lacking from non-regulars only comes from one source.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I don't like the idea of rotation of players. You play the best you have, If they get injured... well thats part of the game.

You wouldn't pull MS out the car every 5 races just to give him a rest.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

The classic at today's ground i found was a Lost dog like poster.

"Lost, one Australian captain, if found please contact Trevor Hohns on 041......."
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Re: Australian Cricket Resting Players

Post by Hz-Lab »

Vilante 11 wrote:
Someone at the ground today has a funny sign, it says "hit me a six Ponting" (Ponting is crossed out and Gilley is written below it).
I was like 2 metres from that kid with that sign. Bestg sign I saw today was "People, Stop Making Signs to get on TV", and it got him on TV..lol

I really dont mind the idea of rotating players as such, i mean it gives new blood a chance to show their stuff. But as an ongoing thing i dont like it, but every now and again is ok. but rotating the captain, bit odd. no shit though, get rid of katich, 50 after 25 overs, waste of space... and he rarely does anything