Aeon Flux

Chat about stuff you've seen
Sarsippius

Aeon Flux

Post by Sarsippius »

Has anyone seen this yet? I haven't really been anticipating it that much but what I saw of it during the review on at the movies it seemed pretty faithful to the original cartoon which has me thinking I might enjoy it.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I loved the cartoon so if the movie is close to it then yeah, I'd be interested in seeing it. Good old Liquid TV. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

The film is pretty average by all accounts. Its a shadow of its classic toon self.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i have heard many a bum review.. looks pretty cool however. apparently it isnt all that true to the animations. the movie show or whatever its called on SBS seriously hated it..lol, and they were "self confessed" fans of the animations.. so who knows, review shows aint good to go by really
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Spidey senses are saying its average and not to get your hopes up for a good film.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

Its a average good film. It feels a bit empty, no real plot or such stuff, its a bit weird. Its not all that bad, but it cannt hold any water compared to alot movies out there. But i like charlie:
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Mmmm... :yummy: I do like Charlize.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'll be seeing it tonight, from the reviews I've read I think I'll enjoy it but I'm not expecting anything spectacular.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

It turned out pretty much as I expected, I enjoyed it and so did the couple of mates I saw it with. If your a fan of the cartoon I think there is quite a lot that will appeal, I thought it was very faithful to the original even down to some characters looking almost identical to the animated versions. Cytheria, Aeons offsider with hands for feet in particular. It may not have had quite the same feel but the world of Bregna they created and all the crazy technology was spot on.
The first half of the film your kinda trying to take it all in, working out what the hell is going on and kinda in awe of all the crazy technology and ideas, the second half things start to kick into gear a bit more and it's better for it but I think Jumi is right that there's just that something missing overall.
No doubt cinema buffs won't like it much at all but if you like unusual scifi or are a fan of the cartoon I reckon you might like it.
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

:nod: Yeah, i did see it a bit after killbill2 wich was a real killer, because killbill is just soooo good, and nearly every movie after that one looked a bit pale, but overall it was still nice. :yes:
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Sarsippius wrote:It turned out pretty much as I expected, I enjoyed it and so did the couple of mates I saw it with. If your a fan of the cartoon I think there is quite a lot that will appeal, I thought it was very faithful to the original even down to some characters looking almost identical to the animated versions. Cytheria, Aeons offsider with hands for feet in particular. It may not have had quite the same feel but the world of Bregna they created and all the crazy technology was spot on.
The first half of the film your kinda trying to take it all in, working out what the hell is going on and kinda in awe of all the crazy technology and ideas, the second half things start to kick into gear a bit more and it's better for it but I think Jumi is right that there's just that something missing overall.
No doubt cinema buffs won't like it much at all but if you like unusual scifi or are a fan of the cartoon I reckon you might like it.
its the end of the film I am worried about. My spidey senses are telling me they are going to ruin it by inserting a Hollywood ending.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I won't spoil anything but it's not really the typical everyone lives happily ever after type ending if that's what you mean.

One of the reviews I read of this movie thought that they didn't know how to market this film and I tend to agree. It deals with some pretty complex/heavy concepts but it's pg and the violence isn't very graphic. I think they expect that only children will be watching it because it's based on a cartoon, all the previews were for disney kids films but I don't imagine most kids would have ever heard of Aeon Flux.
Like the reviewer I hope they release an uncut version for dvd or something.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Oscar Winner Halle Berry had her Catwoman.
Oscar Winner Charlize Theron has her Aeon Flux.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill