Computer Telephone Applications

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Bacchulum

Computer Telephone Applications

Post by Bacchulum »

Hi Everybody! :wave2:
I'm looking into getting a telephone app. for my PC so I don't have to pay $30 just to have a phone line.
My mother has Engin and seems quite happy with it.
I was wondering if anyone else has experience with these things or has heard good things about a possible alternative (before I go and commit to one). :yes:
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

I'm a fan of Faktortel, been using them for a short while.. $9.50 p/m, 10c local/national calls, good enough rates to mobiles and overseas numbers.
They have a full support forum for anyone having difficulty setting up their internet phone, but it's not hard to set up, even using a NAT-style network of PC's, such as I have here.
They also have discounts depending on how long you want to pay for, ie; pay for 12 months in advance, pay $7.95 per month.

http://www.faktortel.com.au/

:D
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Computer Telephone Applications

Post by r8response »

Bacchulum wrote: I'm looking into getting a telephone app. for my PC so I don't have to pay $30 just to have a phone line.
may i ask where you'll get ur internet from if you don't have a line?
bertie

Post by bertie »

Cable perhaps?
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

My work builds Asterisk based PC's for business use, using SIP hardphones and softphones.

X-ten seems to work okay as a softphone.... but I don't like it ;)
I don't mind the snom softphone, despite being kind of ugly, because it's an emulator of a real Snom 360 phone (the softphone is an image of a real one).
It has a lot of features tho... and if I had a spare $300, I'd buy a Snom hardphone :)

We've got the office on Netcomm V85 hardphones. I'd steer clear tho. Lack of features is pissing me orf bigtime.
Been playing with Aastra phones, which seem okay. Three different models. The top one isn't bad. But I can't change the handset speaker volume. :( Tis just weird.
I've played with a Snom 320... I want. Sooooo nice. So many features. Web interface can do lots of funky things. It's great.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

bertie wrote:Cable perhaps?
:nod: :nod:

@bertie
I should be getting a Bigpond Heartbeat approved router next week :D , thanks for the help with the XBOX problem. :yes: