RudiTurbo 2nd best?

LFS chat
Scottie

RudiTurbo 2nd best?

Post by Scottie »

could be likely soon... even though he's miles ahead of anyone else in the 100% charts... there's a battle brewing slowly.

the absense of n1lyn in the hotlap charts has been a surprise to me honestly, but he's now mounting a challenge...

check out any other chart except the 100% one.... N1lyn 1st, and not by a small margin either. Rudi is feelin the pressure too, uploading a few new wr's.
interesting battle ahead :p

yeah yeah, it might not be interesting, but i thought someone might be interested to see a guy of ferrari-like hotlapping be brought down :p
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I just looked at that today, can't believe his 100% rank for all cars/tracks is -5:05.050!! Thats some serious hot lap dedication.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

yeah, and yet n1lsy has already broken -5min at just 75% of the laps done! :eek:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

bloody hell...
how do these guys find the time for any outside activity?

also... is it really worth it with S2 just around the corner?

:)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Indeed.. with Blackwood changing and all the cars changing slightly it wouldnt suprise me if the whole slate got whiped clean come S2 time. :nod:
eek
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Apparantly there will be an archive of sorts once S2 is out so S1 hotlaps and charts won't be lost. So when S2 is released there will likely be plenty of prestige in holding the number one spot on the various S1 ranks, particularly the 100% rank. Maybe this is why nyl1n is working away and why Rudi wants to hold on to it.
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

That sounds right sarsi. It would make sense to archive them. And bloodly hell scottie, you're right. N1lyns is beating Rudi with just 75%. That's really amazing
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

too much time on their hands. :nod:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

i reckon, most of these guys still live at home with their parents and don't have a job so the hotlap all day.
Barge

Post by Barge »

yeah and they sure as hell don't have girlfriends :lol:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

or a life for that matter :D

maybe someone should give these hotlappin fellas one of these :yes:
http://www.gadgetshop.com/eshop/product ... MID=0&BV=0

:rofl:
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

:rofl:!!!!
yumchaKING
Master artist
Master artist

Post by yumchaKING »

Barge wrote:yeah and they sure as hell don't have girlfriends :lol:
Whats that supposed to mean :D ?????
(+ [____] :: ) is roxXOR!!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

SE1Z wrote:bloody hell...
how do these guys find the time for any outside activity?
They don't. It's the same with the GPL guys. Your rank times generally show how long you spend sitting playing, rather than just raw speed. Some guys are quite happy to spend their lives doing this stuff, i know i'm not. I'd rather be slower and have a life. These guys generally don't have a suntan or a girl :)
thd

Post by thd »

I guess mostly you are right Jason, but it's not like this for everyone...some guys are simply very talented. One of the top LFS drivers, JeeP, did 1.03s at the Glen after practicing for less than two weeks. He is a go-kart racer irl :)

I've worked quite a bit on my gplrank and I'm pretty satisfied with it now, but it doesn't mean I'm sitting inside 24/7. Today I was out ascending a mountain, then I descended in a manner similar to what you see in my avatar picture (except that one is a girl and I'm not a telemarker, I only took the photo :) (oh did I say girl? :D ).

Unfortunately I don't have a suntan to show for my time spent outdoors,, I get all red and then the colour is gone within a week :D

Anyway my point is I don't think you have to forget all other things if you want to hotlap, it's all about priorities.