GT Legends n00b!

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Dr. Pain

GT Legends n00b!

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm getting this sometime next week in the post, touch wood, and I'm wondering if you guys playing it can offer me some advice on this game.

Is there anything I need to tweak or anything worth while downloading to make it enjoyable? Or should I get a white knuckled grip on my wheel and just go for it?

I'm gonna have to drive without a clutch as my current pedals has only 2, although I could add a clutch but the pedal spacing is too great for heal/toe without learning Yoga! Or I find a sugar mummy to buy me a set of BRD Speed 7's :D

Any advice is greatly welcomed.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Not to suggest there isn't anyone here that can help with this game but we are currently running a couple of leagues over here:

http://www.xtremegamingnetwork.com.au

Basically there's a bunch of people who can answer all your questions and signing up will get you access to the private server.

Apart from the patch which fixes a few of the glaring problems and new paintjobs if you get sick of the old ones, the only other recommendation I can make is downloading any user-made tracks which other people use online. Tweaking it is really down to personal preference and you can find a lot of information on it at xgn or rsc.

I wouldn't say a clutch pedal is essential for this game, a button for starts is good. People are driving in a variety of ways as far as pedals, clutches and shifters go.

Hope this helps.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Well I got it yesterday and damn it's fun.

However I didn't really like the "on rails" feel I had so I turned off autoclutch. After many a compression lockup it dawned on me to blip the loud pedal on change down!

I should get idiot of the week for that lol. :dunce:

I then drove the GT-40 at Monza with no driving aids and :drool:

I don't have a clutch pedal and my wheel buttons are too heavy to be used fast enough as a clutch but I found I don't really need one.

This is sweet! :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

yeah i'm in the same boat as Doc......just got the game (on sale $37 at EB!!!! :D ) and am just feeling my way round ATM.
have registered at the XGN forums so you'll see me around :)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D