1979 mod kicks ass

ISI's new sim rFactor
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

DarrenM wrote:1:07.760 at Kyalami in the Williams. I've posted some better setups at RSC. The default ones are pretty bad.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=262737
Bloody mad time.....best Ive done is a high 10 in the Williams, still yet to work out the best way to drive these things...

Monaco absolutely rocks! Ive done a 1:30 flat around there although I hear some guys are doing 26's :melt: Were'nt getting any decent fields over the weekend though... too many servers with 1 or 2 players in them whilst a server capable of 30 cars is empty :(
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

There's a patch out with some physics tweaks and bug fixes

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=263043
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DarrenM wrote:There's a patch out with some physics tweaks and bug fixes

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=263043
i can live with the bug. but a patch for a demo, i'd rather they concerntrate on the full mod
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

These fixes probably are from work for the final version. They need to fix some things that weren't working right due to the 1.150 patch apparently.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

F1 SEASON 1979 DEMO UPDATE

In light of a few unforeseen issues that came up with the refinements in the physics engine of version 1.150, as well as some track bugs that could do with a quick fix, we´ve decided to release a small update for the demo.
There are still some issues to be dealt with and improvements to be made all around, but this is a more accurate representation of what the full mod will be like.

Essentially, this is what is changed with this update:

-Corrected physics to adjust fully to the changes in version 1.150;
-Slightly changed setup options;
-Improved default setup;
-Refinements on the engine´s torque curve, giving more accurate power delivery and leading to more integrated engine sounds;
-Several (not all) bugs fixed for Kyalami and Monaco;
-A few textures and camera file for Kyalami, courtesy of Motorfx (bugs and textures) and Thorsten Reuter (cam file).
-Increased numbers of opponents for multiplayer reasons - don´t forget to reduce the number of AI players to 7 for offline play to avoid duplicated cars.

The previous 1150 fix is no longer necessary and should be replaced with this update
worth doing if it shows the demo in a more accurate representation of the final product :yes:
--------------
Stu
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Thats looks excellent!

/deletes GPL
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

Coopz wrote:Thats looks excellent!

/deletes GPL
:eyepop: Sure its great, but it aint no gpl2 yet. Still i love it, did drive it for about 6hours todya without noticing the time flying by... :D Whats still weird is the backend steping out, its everytime the same when you have this little sliding leftrightleft under power. Very odd, but if you drive it clean its great. Best rF mod yet.
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

I can't drive them for shit :) Textures on the cars definately need a bit of shading work
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.