Hyper Spiking Problem....

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Bacchulum

Hyper Spiking Problem....

Post by Bacchulum »

I need a solution to this so if there are any hyper owners who have any tips, all are welcome. :?
I have no enjoyment proving my skills of recovering from random right hand turns, nor in driving down a straight with the wheel 20 degrees to the left. :(

I recently upgraded to USB and programmable buttons after 1 1/2 to 2 years satisfied use.
It's (supposedly) had a new pot and springs installed on 06/06/06 but had to go back after more problems. :rolleyes:

Could it just be a dud pot or am I stuck with this? :eek:
This is a desperate request, I have absolutely no enjoyment in racing anymore. :cry:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

spikes are usually pot issues, they are usually easy to replace and cheap, unless the hyper has them in odd spots.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Cheers.
Seems to be the concensus. :)
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

It's probably to late now.... But I was having spiking problems with my Hyper, but only in LFS... I put new pots in and it was still there ( I knew the steering one was a bit stuffed before by the test in the Hyper menu ), and I dont have the USB on mine, but have since found it was because of the new patch for LFS, it didn't redo the cfg.txt file in the root directory of LFS properly, so when ever I hit the throttle the wheel was going spastic, but not when just coasting without any throttle, so I was suggested to delete the cfg.txt file from the root directory of LFS and then restart LFS so it re-did the file, and now it runs as smooth as it can without USB, well I mean I can actually drive down a straight without using both sides of the road....

Tassie
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

I have no idea! :(

Changed the pots, twice, and garaunteed after 6-8 weeks the exact same problem is back.
In rFactor, netKar and N2003.
I am totally fucked as to how to solve this but I get nothing but pissed off when I try to race, lap slowly, leave a fucking pit lane................

the amount of money I've spent on wheels, I could've had a fucking house by now

Racing used to be my enjoyment now it's worse than work. :(
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

Bacchulum wrote:the amount of money I've spent on wheels, I could've had a fucking house by now
I've gone through 3 wheels now.

Joystick for good :nod:
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

It isn't always pots that cause spiking. It can be wiring or electronics or maybe even the PC. It is a pain in the arse but the only way you're going to solve the problem is to isolate the components .. ie .. as above .. (wiring, USB ports, different PC etc).
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Changing USB ports will be possible but finding another computer is a different matter.
Checking the wiring will be a waste of time for me as I wouldn't know what the right way is, so I won't be able to tell if it's wrong. :(

One thing that has entered my mind.
The AIM software (used for nkPro telemetry) has this warning:
Click here if you are having USB problems after downloading the Race Studio update.
It basically says to reinstall all USB drivers again (it suggests using the wizard).
When I attempted this procedure, my 'wizard' couldn't find any drivers and bugger me if I know where to find them. :rolleyes:
So, possibly, if I work out how to upgrade my USB drivers it might work.

So that begs this question:
How do I upgrade my USB drivers?

(reckon I'll be a fully fledged computer technician before I can get any wheel to work properly :fall: )