Black Momo and Avast incompatability

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
StanDaam

Black Momo and Avast incompatability

Post by StanDaam »

My Avast anti virus is stopping the force feedback of my momo from loading up. Avast finds a worm (Win32:NetSky-BG [Wrm]) in the WmJoyFrc.dll file. I've tried excluding the dll but that didnt work. ATM the only way to get my second green light to fire up on the Momo is to stop my virus protection and then it works fine. I've tried "take no action", "repair", "move to chest", basically all the Avast options but they all disable the second green light on the wheel and because of that I cant adjust the force strength (I think). It was working fine last night but only kicked in today. Anyone got any ideas? or should I just go for AVG instead?
plastik8

Re: Black Momo and Avast incompatability

Post by plastik8 »

StanDaam wrote:My Avast anti virus is stopping the force feedback of my momo from loading up. Avast finds a worm (Win32:NetSky-BG [Wrm]) in the WmJoyFrc.dll file. I've tried excluding the dll but that didnt work. ATM the only way to get my second green light to fire up on the Momo is to stop my virus protection and then it works fine. I've tried "take no action", "repair", "move to chest", basically all the Avast options but they all disable the second green light on the wheel and because of that I cant adjust the force strength (I think). It was working fine last night but only kicked in today. Anyone got any ideas? or should I just go for AVG instead?
That's very strange. Is this a common problem? Perhaps a previous virus has infected that file... Have you tried re-installing the drivers??

RE: going for AVG.... I have it, and have used it for the past 12 months at least on my pc, my BT box, my sisters laptop, and my GF's laptop, and they've had 0 problems what so ever. I'm not sure about "Avast", but if you're paying for it, or have paid for it, you may as well keep using it.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

I've uninstalled the usb devices a few times as thats the only way I can get the Force to come back again :( Gotta go to work now, will continue later tonight
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

i use avast myself and the black momo wheel and haven't had the problem ur describing. is the actual program itself up to date, not just the virus pattern files?
Doso

Post by Doso »

possibly a past virus has infected it, only thing i can think of is a complete format unfortunitly
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

It was a windows update that fixed it :)
Thanks for all the help chaps, especially R8 for saying it was workin fine for him, much appreciated :yes: