Which mouse?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
SE1Z

Which mouse?

Post by SE1Z »

I've been playing a bit of BF2142 lately, among others.
Im finding my cordless mouse isnt really all that great, its far from smooth.

Im after a cordless 'gaming' mouse.

Any clues on a good one?
I know a few of you blokes play FPS's, so I'm after some advice :yes:
Steve
---
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Bah you people and your mice. At least you have choice. Try being a lefty. You get to use "universal" mice or nowt. No ergonomic mice for us.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

Go ether the Logitech G7 if you want cordless, or the G5 if you don't mind a cord. I've got a G7 and I love it.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Theres a new one out soon. the Logitech Revolution I think it was called. Could be one to look out for if you dont mind splurging over $100 on a mouse :D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

as long as its cordless....
I dont mind ~$100 - if its good :D

A rechargeable 'cradle' would be ideal too, like I have now. Not sure i can be bothered taking batteries in and out to charge them. :)
Steve
---
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

SE1Z wrote:as long as its cordless....

A rechargeable 'cradle' would be ideal too, like I have now. Not sure i can be bothered taking batteries in and out to charge them. :)
I find i quite like having the rechargeable batteries separate, It mean, if it runs out while I'm gaming, I can just swap it over, nice and quick.

As for the Revolution.. We got one at work, its shithouse... lol
Its a fancy business mouse.. I don't like gaming with it at all, feels... very uncomfortable
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I've got a G7. Feels good. If I don't turn it off I have to change the battery once every day or 2 - if it's only on for session then it'll last a while.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

SiD wrote:
SE1Z wrote:as long as its cordless....

I find i quite like having the rechargeable batteries separate, It mean, if it runs out while I'm gaming, I can just swap it over, nice and quick.

As for the Revolution.. We got one at work, its shithouse... lol
Its a fancy business mouse.. I don't like gaming with it at all, feels... very uncomfortable
Yep, I think the revolution is more aimed at web browsing, windows apps etc., with a couple of fancy scroll wheels.

Definitely the Logitech G7 (and variations) or one of the Razorback mice are the leaders in wireless gaming.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

G7 user here. as for changing the batteries, after getting used to the way its done i can do it in less than 10seconds. awesome mouse for gaming
Latch

Post by Latch »

I'm picking up my MX1000 tomorrow morning. I've read they're equivalent to a corded mouse, much like a G7, and great for gaming.
Monkeh!
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Latch wrote:I'm picking up my MX1000 tomorrow morning. I've read they're equivalent to a corded mouse, much like a G7, and great for gaming.
I have the MX1000 + keyboard combo. Great combo. Only problem is, recently the MX1000's middle mouse button has sometimes not been working.... trying to get down to the bottom of the problem (could be software, radio interference, hardware...). Mind you I've had it for ~ 18months.

Lesson learnt, keep the receipt for at least the first 12 months. :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

I've tried both Microsoft and Logitech laser mice (the Laser Mouse 6000 and MX1000), and I have to say even though both mice cost about the same amount and are pretty much identical in performance/responsiveness/etc, I'd take the Microsoft one over the MX1000 anyday.

I got rid of the MX1000 because the batteries wear out if you use it a lot. I was down from having to charge it once every two weeks, to once a week, to every 2-3 days. It was getting annoying having it run out in the middle of games.

The Microsoft mouse? I run it on only a single AA battery (you don't need 2 to use it, even though it takes 2) to make it lighter, and I'm still on the second Energizer battery it came with. I've had it about 4-6 months.

Buy a pack of 4 AA batteries and keep them handy, and they'll easily last you 18 months.
eMPee

Post by eMPee »

I have a Logitech Mx700. I dont have any problems with it. Never run out of batteries during a game and the docking station keeps it topped up when ever not in use....maybe a bit old now but it suits me fine :)
Latch

Post by Latch »

I had a feel of the MS mouse in the shop this morning. I didn't like the feel. And it doesn't have cruise buttons or the 3rd thumb button. So I bought the MX1000 and I'm very happy with it.
Monkeh!
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Bought myself a G7 at lunch!

Watch out in BF2142, ill be sniping in a game near you very shortly..... :D
Steve
---