V8Factor - Round 4 - Mallala: Post your prac times here

ISI's new sim rFactor
schmickle

V8Factor - Round 4 - Mallala: Post your prac times here

Post by schmickle »

Current PB = 1:06.274 after a few laps tonight.

According to MoTeC in my last stint of prac my best possible lap was 1:04.754 which is where i reckon a good qual time will be in 2 weeks time. C'mon Loud Howard surely ur into the 04's already? ;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Bah - I set faster laps than LH both in pre-qually and the race at Barbs. Pity I didn't do it when it counted. :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

So is the motec plugin working properly now schmick?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

yeah its workin for him now, he changed from Pro back to standard and it worked
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Sterling wrote:So is the motec plugin working properly now schmick?
Yep and loving it... mmmm overlaid laps are great
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

Exar Kun wrote:Bah - I set faster laps than LH both in pre-qually and the race at Barbs. Pity I didn't do it when it counted. :D
I saw you come out ahead of me in the race, thought about lapping you but didn't want to crush your spirit too much! :lol:
Check Six!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

LoudHoward wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Bah - I set faster laps than LH both in pre-qually and the race at Barbs. Pity I didn't do it when it counted. :D
I saw you come out ahead of me in the race, thought about lapping you but didn't want to crush your spirit too much! :lol:
LOL, thanks mate. I had a shocker. :D

I have no doubt you could have gone faster if you needed to...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Its going to be an intresting track, I think there are some good passing places, but I just cant really find a flow to the track currently, ill keep working on it tho
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

Exar Kun wrote:
LoudHoward wrote:
LOL, thanks mate. I had a shocker. :D

I have no doubt you could have gone faster if you needed to...
Nah probably not, you were on fresh tyres right? I'd pitted for tyres about lap 23 - coulda gone maybe half a sec faster but you were pulling out about 7-8 tenths a lap from what I could see :)
Check Six!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I absolutely destroyed my tyres getting away from you anyway. Had a fun run from there though made up quite a few places. I reckon I'd probably get the award for amount of cars passed on track in that race!
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

Well, I've done a few laps, got a 1:05.5 so far - though on the last lap I think I cracked it, was a few tenths up :) Ran out of fuel, but thats not the point :p

[EDIT]

I hate hairpins though, so I don't expect to be the pace setter for this race! I like longer corners, I like being able to balance the car on the throttle and feed out my setups understeer with my right foot. This is all straight, hairpin, straight, hairpin! It's like a Tilke circuit :D

[/EDIT]
Check Six!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

after alot of laps sorting out the braking stability, i've managed a 1:05.454. still more to be had, need to work on the balance a bit more
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Had my first few laps and did a 1:05.075 - so close! Seem to be able to run around 1:05.5 without a problem. My first 10 laps or so were all 1:06s then something clicked and I went 7 tenths faster. Did another 10 laps and they were all under 1:05.6. Weird. Reckon I'll leave it there until race night. Unlike LH, I don't mind hairpins - although they're frustrating as hell if you're pushing too hard.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I sat down friday night and pumped through a few laps.. I tried working on my setup, but I just cant get the stabitly in the rear underbrakes for those hairpins.

I was doing mid>low 6's but think ive got a little bit left in it
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'm running the LH setup from Barbs with max wing, less camber, rear bar slightly stiffer and front bar slightly softer and brake bias shifted about 4 clicks to the rear. Lots of throttle under braking for this one.
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

just want to put a few thoughts in here if I may:)

With Mallala for n2k3, I tried a little experiment, to really test out the physics engine. The track surface is cambered. Its slightly higher in the centre if the track than the outside. This camber has transfered over to the conversion. The physics engines in both n2k3 and rF seem to be having slight problems with the camber. Or it could be that I made it not a smooth enough transition over the width of the track. Anyway, I found if your car is straddling the centre if the track while you're braking, it could cause instability.

But, I believe this adds to the realism of the track. what didn't convert was the bumpiness I put in the braking zones. Just like what Madcowie put in his rally-x tracks.( I showed him how to do it, he just took it to another level) So this instablity for the braking makes up for the missing bumps.

Just a little bit of useless information that may or may not help you with your lap times and setups :D

cheers

steve
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

so braking on one side of the track might help with the stability?
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

I'm not certain, but it may do. its what I found doing a few laps with the default setup.

what I tried to do, was do my heavy braking trying to stay to one side of the track, and as I eased the brake pressure, then I could start to angle accross the track. where as the correct line is to angle to the apex while braking the whole way. Turn 1 isn't an issue as the braking isn't as heavy as for the other corners.

I could be wrong. it could all just be me as I know how the track is made and some slight probs we had with n2k3 with it. watch a replay from behind in n2k3 and you'll see the cars tilt dramatically from one side to the other as you cross the centreline, especially through the sweeper.

will be interesting to see if others get the same result I did in rF version.

cheers

steve
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Hmm interesting thoughts Steve and congrats on the track :)

I've dialed much of the braking instability out of my set now. Was in the high 1:05's now i'm around 1:05.2. Increased my brake bias towards the front - 60/40 now and reduced my front toe in to -.40 and reduced rear toe in to 0. Still able to get up to 245 on the back straight and is fine on tyres providing i dont slide in the hairpins. Might try reducing my wing a bit (max currently). Really am enjoying praccing this track :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Feel free to post your set schmik :D
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Anyone got a set they care to share, so far I'm getting no where with my set, best I've managed so far is a low 1:06. :(
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

1:05.214 with a bit of dumbass AI traffic
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

1:04.555. Lost a 10th in the last sector, but I don't think I could get any more from the 1st 2.

Replay, MoTeC and setup here.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Oooh, I'm interested in racing this one. Where do I go to get the race details?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

they haven't been posted yet J.

you do need to go to the other Mallala thread, look at the list of cars not being used and post which one you'd like to use!