amBX

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

amBX

Post by Dan »

Seems pretty cool :)

With the help of some extra hardware

Philips has announced new agreements with Codemasters and Introversion to add amBX compatibility to some of their games. Codemasters' TOCA Race Driver 3 and Introversion's DEFCON and Darwinia will benefit from the technology.

If you haven't heard to amBX, it's an extravagant set of hardware devices designed to immerse players in their games by giving them physical sensations. So in the case of TOCA 3, fans will blow wind in players' faces as they scream around the track, and lights will flash to simulate the sun peeking through trees and tunnels.

"amBX is a really exciting prospect from a developer point of view, simply because it allows for an added field of creativity when making our games." commented Peter Chan, Business Development Manager, Codemasters.

- GamesIndustry.biz

On paper it all sounds very corny, but in DEFCON's case some mood lighting could really add to the sensation of being in an underground nuclear bunker with your finger on the big red button. You can read more about amBX at its website.
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Ok ok.............somebody has to ask....................what would happen when you got a 'woooohoooo' in the Sims 2? :love2:

Not that I've ever played the game or anything..........ummmmmmm..........ermmmmm.....ok......move along..........nothing to see here. :digging:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sterling wrote:Ok ok.............somebody has to ask....................what would happen when you got a 'woooohoooo' in the Sims 2? :love2:

Not that I've ever played the game or anything..........ummmmmmm..........ermmmmm.....ok......move along..........nothing to see here. :digging:
Ain't nothing wrong with some girl on girl woohoo action. :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Exar Kun wrote:Ain't nothing wrong with some girl on girl woohoo action. :D
Hmmmmm............true..................and strangely hypnotic :eyepop: :D
limbo

Post by limbo »

dont the Japenese already have usb "woohoo" devices and 'games' (applications) to match??
Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

limbo wrote:dont the Japenese already have usb "woohoo" devices and 'games' (applications) to match??
I'd be very interested in that "plug-in"!
limbo

Re: amBX

Post by limbo »

So in the case of TOCA 3, fans will blow wind in players' faces as they scream around the track
despite the fact that helmets and windscreens would actually negate that sensory input in a real situation, not to mention the power needed to simulate 110mph winds down the straight.:rolleyes:

and as far as woohoo goes... some little sleeve that pulsates on 'willy'..... until the pc hangs on a squeeze and its not even emergency ward stuff, but waiting in line at the local pc shop with a usb device hanging outta the bottom of your shorts. :nod:
limbo

Post by limbo »

Vilante 11 wrote:
limbo wrote:dont the Japenese already have usb "woohoo" devices and 'games' (applications) to match??
I'd be very interested in that "plug-in"!
:rofl:

mainly devoted to female 'gamers' but i think there are models for (old) fellas too!
limbo

Post by limbo »

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Where's me credit card?

lol
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ok....then when they say "fuck your computer" it's going to mean something new from now on eh? a kinda "deeper" meaning? :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »