2014 Winter GT Series - Race 1 - Monza

Racing league forum for all different games.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: 2014 Winter GT Series - Race 1 - Monza

Post by Righteous »

So this is what I have so far

1 - Darren
2 -dvestate
3- Nutty
4. Amwarrior
5. Boxhead ???
6. AstrO
7. Shaun
8. Viper
9. Righteous
10. Flinty
11. Rots
12. Neil?
13. Crowella?

How does that look to everyone?

I think that should be close.

*Edit thanks for screenshot.
Last edited by Righteous on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Davo wrote:What's the surface track set to? Seems slippery compared to hotlaps.
It has a live track now, where the session can start with low grip and it'll increase as laps are done. Depends how it's specified in the server config.

The div1 server did seem a little slower than full grip at the start of practice but not much.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I felt like there was a part where the surface went to shit, everyone seemed to drop a second for a lap or 2.

But that could of been me.

The macca seemed good around the corners, but waaay too slow down the straights. I found I kept nearly ass ending people in the corners and would loose time as a result.

I think the Z4 will be what I use next.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Also just a small point the race was meant to be 20 laps, we did 25...... I was freakin a bit after 20 as I had no idea what the tyres would do
Davo

Post by Davo »

DarrenM wrote:
Davo wrote:What's the surface track set to? Seems slippery compared to hotlaps.
It has a live track now, where the session can start with low grip and it'll increase as laps are done. Depends how it's specified in the server config.

The div1 server did seem a little slower than full grip at the start of practice but not much.
After I got used to the slipperiness and played with my set a little the track felt great in div2 also, got a new pb :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Righteous wrote:The macca seemed good around the corners, but waaay too slow down the straights. I found I kept nearly ass ending people in the corners and would loose time as a result.
:iagree:

Although I might stick with the Mclaren, it's a fun car. :nod:
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

well, i had contact in both parts of turn one, i thought i left enough room. any way that left me in 12th until nutty passed me. so I'm last so i thought i would hang out here and see what happens. i seemed to have no trouble passing cars that where off the track. and i think i ended up 5th just behind amwarrior
~AR~ Boxhead
My head, check it out, its a box
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Yeah sorry about the extra 5 laps.. Did you enjoy them? :D

I didn't specify grip levels.. so it would use defaults.. I am happy to be guided as to specifying that for future races.

Does server save JSON..? Ill take a look... cant find it.. where does it save it?
eek
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

DarrenM wrote:Crow, get a router with QoS and stick your gaming pc in the highest priority queue. I had to do that when I was living with family.

I knew the 458 would be good in the race given it doesn't have softs to qual on, but I didn't expect it to be that much quicker. I didn't know if the tyres would last, but they were going great until I had a major tank slapper on lap 16. After a big lock up to save that they were a bit greasy but still held to the end.
Yeah I'm looking into what I can do to filter it but at the moment it seems like my PC is solely the lowest priority. It's a hassle because we all run through one machine and aside tonight, I'm usually lowest priority with net.

Anyway, I was enjoying tonight. Sadly couldn't put in a good lap because of the issues but I was at my fastest, with a low 1:49 in practice.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I think anyone who wasn't running low downforce would have been quicker in the 458 if they'd put a little time in it. I'm surprised I'm the only one who took it.
pixelboy wrote:Does server save JSON..? Ill take a look... cant find it.. where does it save it?
Should. On the client side it's under Documents\out\race_out.json

I guess you could just search the server for race_out.json or *.json

Client side doesn't have data in it though, only the entry list :(
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I also nabbed myself a PB once I got used to the track, it did seem a faster track in the race than prac

The extra laps were good looking back but would have been terrible if I stuffed it ;)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Bring on the next round.

Pix we didn't have any connections issues that I could see. Besides Crowella, it all seemed very solid. I was enjoying the small bits of racing I did get when I wasn't on the grass.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

DarrenM wrote:I think anyone who wasn't running low downforce would have been quicker in the 458 if they'd put a little time in it. I'm surprised I'm the only one who took it.
pixelboy wrote:Does server save JSON..? Ill take a look... cant find it.. where does it save it?
Should. On the client side it's under Documents\out\race_out.json

I guess you could just search the server for race_out.json or *.json

Client side doesn't have data in it though, only the entry list :(
Server doesn't have a full AC install.. no .json files :(
eek
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

First corner I came to a stop or very nearly did... I was having a ball until about lap 10, battling with Astr0 & Boxhead until it all came unstack in the 2nd chicane before the Lesmo's
Astr0 sorry if I turned into you but it seemed you car got bounced across & in front of mine as I turned in, if I squeezed you I apologise.
After that I just couldn't keep up, I was dropping lap times even though the tyres hardly changed in temps or pressure but the car just wasn't responding the same... maybe setup wasn't good either.
The last 10 laps were a disgrace. I think it was a combination of getting tired & thinking I have more skill than I actually have.
I kept swapping positions with Righty & ViperGTS as they would make mistakes then loose those same spots as I'd then make the mistake. Righty I hope none of your offs were caused by me???
I had 2 goals tonight, 1. stay on track & 2. don't get lapped... I failed at both... Still much practice required... :rolleyes:
Last edited by Duke on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i had to short shift/cruise in 6th for the whole last lap because i thought i would run out of fuel, the estimate of what i put in was 26.3 laps so was weird but i wasnt taking any chances when i had a big enough gap behind and wasnt going to catch Astr0 anyway. And yeah rots when we had a tiny bump into t1 i thought it would end in tears but still got through easy. Was fun seeing who would brake first smashing down the straight lol
Hello :aussie:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yeah I had some decent battles coming back through the field! still surprised I got 3rd in Div A! 8 years ago I would have been lucky to come 20th!! Bring on next round!
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

nutty wrote:Yeah I had some decent battles coming back through the field! still surprised I got 3rd in Div A! 8 years ago I would have been lucky to come 20th!! Bring on next round!
100% the same, I would have been back there with you!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Flinty72 wrote:Astr0 sorry if I turned into you but it seemed you car got bounced across & in front of mine as I turned in, if I squeezed you I apologise.
Yeah it did spin me, but it's ok, I caught back up to you guys... and then proceeded to take myself out. ;)

Set a PB in qualifying, started 6th, finished 6th and hadn't done more than 5 laps in a row previously so took a gamble on race setup (higher pressures & medium tyres). So overall I can't complain. :)
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Righteous wrote:Bring on the next round.

Pix we didn't have any connections issues that I could see. Besides Crowella, it all seemed very solid. I was enjoying the small bits of racing I did get when I wasn't on the grass.
Yeah, the connection was solid otherwise and it seemed really good. :yes:
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

By the way, it was awesome racing with you guys again. :)
the-band.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Righteous wrote:I've got the full replay, I'l confirm spots shortly.
I only got the last 13 laps... did you increase your replay size to the max 500mb???
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
hylas

Post by hylas »

I have no idea who hit me going into T1 but I was thrown into the front runners in a bad way... Tried to not let it bother me considering I still had 25 laps to do something with but was taken out by Davo on the back straight. After lap 1 I was about 30 seconds behind...

That was really poor form Davo, you might be lucky though, I don't think my replay is going to have recorded everything. The entire race, I didn't get within 5 seconds of another car, besides lap 1 :-(
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

How do you save the replay??
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The replay is automatically saved to Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay\cr

That gets overwritten any time you drive so if you want to save a race replay you have to exit out of the game after the race, rename that file then restart AC and it should show in your replay list.
pixelboy wrote:Server doesn't have a full AC install.. no .json files :(
Apparently you can get it if you connect to the server in a browser. I don't know how long it's available for though. I assume you have to do it as soon as the race is over. Maybe set a long RACE_OVER_TIME so that you have plenty of time to get it after the race.

http://ServerIP:port/ENTRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (HTML output, fixed TABLE data:/)
http://ServerIP:port/JSON" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (JSON valid, but not work:/)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Flinty72 wrote:
Righteous wrote:I've got the full replay, I'l confirm spots shortly.
I only got the last 13 laps... did you increase your replay size to the max 500mb???
I did. I was surprised when it had saved the whole thing. Apparently in the last update, replay data has been halved. Probably why I managed to get it all.

Can be found here, for those that are interested.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;