2014 Winter GT Series - Race 1 - Monza

Racing league forum for all different games.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: 2014 Winter GT Series - Race 1 - Monza

Post by Duke »

You legend, thanks for hosting. :yes:

I've been reluctant to increase it, so it didn't affect performance in any way?
How much RAM you have?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

nutty wrote:I took screenshots.. doesnt show the overlay with F8, printscreen takes a picture of the app running the background.. lol
Yep I use the W7 built-in Snipping Tool to capture the result screen. ;)
Dukester

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Sorry guys I rage quit when I got rammed & turned around in T1.
I don't particularly like the track (or rather: I hate it) and I was tired anyway, not sure if I had enough fuel either, and the lack of organised communication (to ask about fuel for example!) all together was too much.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Everyone is aware there is a chat app???
It's a little limited when on track as it only shows a single line of chat being the last msg but just like AAL days all admin comms are via chat, so please familiarise yourself with using it.
It's also available in the pits, with a full history of msg's. When in the pits setup screen it's the bottom menu button in the group of 4 on the top left-hand side. ;)
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Flinty72 wrote:You legend, thanks for hosting. :yes:

I've been reluctant to increase it, so it didn't affect performance in any way?
How much RAM you have?
I don't think it had much effect. I have 64gig of RAM. Probably enough to smooth out the bumps.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Great race last night. Managed to do quite a bit of overtaking with my low downforce setup. Surprised how no one else did the same. I was having a pretty good battle with dvestate but got a punt in the rear; all good righteous. Managed to recover pretty well and chase dvestate down and went to overtake him going into turn three. Got a good run out of the first chicane and he came slighty across to defend but I overreacted and my left tyres went onto the grass. I kept braking and then it came to me that I was going to hit him so I quickly gassed it right up and managed to spin out in front of him. Thankfully I avoided him. No harm from his part; all my fault. And then my race went downhill from there; had a few spins that relegated me back to fifth but managed to come back to fourth. This definitely looks like there will be plenty of battles in this division. Bring on Imola!!

P.S. A few days ago, I posted in the monza race link that the only way I could do races longer than 10 laps was if fuel consumption was turned off. One of the mods got back to me and told me that they had done numerous races longer than 10 laps where fuel consumption was on and someone even ran out of fuel. In the race yesterday, I kept looking down at my fuel gauge and it didn't budge at all during the race. Did any of you guys have the same thing happen to you? I am pretty sure you can race online without having the latest version of the game? Correct me if I am wrong. My version is 0.21.5.
Davo

Post by Davo »

hylas wrote:I have no idea who hit me going into T1 but I was thrown into the front runners in a bad way... Tried to not let it bother me considering I still had 25 laps to do something with but was taken out by Davo on the back straight. After lap 1 I was about 30 seconds behind...

That was really poor form Davo, you might be lucky though, I don't think my replay is going to have recorded everything. The entire race, I didn't get within 5 seconds of another car, besides lap 1 :-(
WTF? YOU hit me. I'd love to see the replay because I am positive I didn't take you out. I should've just rage quit after the turn 1 debacle though :rolleyes:

My replay is missing the first 5 laps so I can't even check the exact moment where it happened, does anyone from div 2 have the first couple of laps?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Looking at the replay, I'm glad I didn't cause that accident but I can see how frustrating it would have been if I had kept going.
richo

Post by richo »

From the sounds of the carnage that went on it was probably a good thing I had a dose of the squirts ..
[]D [] []v[] []D
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

amwarrior93 wrote: P.S. A few days ago, I posted in the monza race link that the only way I could do races longer than 10 laps was if fuel consumption was turned off. One of the mods got back to me and told me that they had done numerous races longer than 10 laps where fuel consumption was on and someone even ran out of fuel. In the race yesterday, I kept looking down at my fuel gauge and it didn't budge at all during the race. Did any of you guys have the same thing happen to you? I am pretty sure you can race online without having the latest version of the game? Correct me if I am wrong. My version is 0.21.5.
You must have fuel usage turned off.. apparently the AC devs are making changes to enforce this setting in MP races.
eek
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Flinty72 wrote:Everyone is aware there is a chat app???
It's a little limited when on track as it only shows a single line of chat being the last msg but just like AAL days all admin comms are via chat, so please familiarise yourself with using it.
It's also available in the pits, with a full history of msg's. When in the pits setup screen it's the bottom menu button in the group of 4 on the top left-hand side. ;)
I reckon we all know of it. You have to be pretty new to AC not to have seen it.

However, after using TS extensively in the past years for racing leagues, a one-liner chat is extremely limited. Single message view, and you have to click & type, let go of the wheel and take your eyes away, too so you can't just say "sorry" while driving, or "go left" etc...asking a question and someone else asking one right after means yours scrolls off immediately.... in my opinion it just does not cut it. I'm sure it would have been enough for me 10 years ago, but nowadays it just feels very limited.

But anyways, it was merely part of the whole picture.
hylas

Post by hylas »

Well... No evidence on my part here. My replay starts at the end of lap 2... and that was 500mb

If it had been a 20 lap race, I guess I would of recorded the entire race. oh well

I should of just parked it after lap 1 but was pissed and wanted to get atleast a few corners with another driver. Next time I spose.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Here's the replay of the first few seconds - until I quit.
There are two people in the wrong here in my opinion, but the carnage is immense. This just underlines how bad it can get if we aren't extra careful into T1, one or two people can take the whole field out.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

ysu wrote:Here's the replay of the first few seconds - until I quit.
There are two people in the wrong here in my opinion, but the carnage is immense. This just underlines how bad it can get if we aren't extra careful into T1, one or two people can take the whole field out.
So... you want to sim race in an environment where there are zero accidents?
Yeh, sounds fun :rolleyes:
Steve
---
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

SE1Z wrote:
If I was looking at things as b/w as you do, I'd ask you, do you want an environment where you're taken out on T1 in every race?
C'mon man, you are smarter than saying something like this...
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

I thought it was a lot tidier than we were expecting, at least in div 1. Just a matter of giving room and not trying to win it in the first corner.*

*Ignore the fact I passed a few cars, that was on the straight.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Tried that :P got punted off the road :(
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

ysu wrote:
SE1Z wrote:
If I was looking at things as b/w as you do, I'd ask you, do you want an environment where you're taken out on T1 in every race?
C'mon man, you are smarter than saying something like this...
I've been taken out or spun in T1 in every AC race so far, except last night.
Never once did I consider rage quitting.

Once everyone becomes familiar with each other, like we did in the LFS days, things will get better....

It's online racing.
It happens.
Steve
---
richo

Post by richo »

I think some of you chaps have your head up your arses.

AC MP is a verrrry beta experience and the league is in it's infancy what more do you expect? Be thankful Pix and the fellas have spent the time and money to make it happen at all.

Turn 1 shitfights happen in real racing were latency isn't an issue (look at the German GP) .
[]D [] []v[] []D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I was very happy with the standard of racing in Div A. Much like Richo said, people will get better as we go along. I know I felt really rusty.

Ideally it would be great if people could get on to the server earlier in the week to try out racing with a couple of people, just so you can become familiar with the trouble spots on the circuits.

But I'm fine with how things went last night. I may have banned myself ;)
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Too funny!!!!!

To the guys complaining do you watch motorsport much? how often at the start of a race something happen (Watch the first lap of F1 at Silverstone & T1 at Hockenheim)

T1 incidents are going to happen in all forms of motorsport real life or online more often than not (unless you race by alone), currently we are ALL lucky there is no damage model as we all live to fight another corner. When it is brought in the guy who causes the issue and the people that get nerfed will more than likely be out......

Last night I was SUPER cautious at T1 to the point I am pretty sure I compressed the field behind me and Darren and Viper got a away a bit, but everyone seemed to deal with it fine. Realistically if you are not the first few cars on the grid the chance of an incident is very high
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

SE1Z wrote:I've been taken out or spun in T1 in every AC race so far, except last night.
Never once did I consider rage quitting.
Once everyone becomes familiar with each other, like we did in the LFS days, things will get better....

It's online racing.
It happens.
Now that is really sad if you can't have one clean T1 - but I had quite a few good clean races in the past years in both nKP and AC over at XGN.

I'd like to say again: the reason I quit was NOT solely this, it was only the icing on the cake. Please don't get hung up on it. And I maintain the right to quit anytime! ;)

I've posted the replay so people can have a look at it. Noted that two were at fault by my reckoning. And I've pointed out how much damage can be caused even by one (or two) small mistakes in T1.
That's about all of it.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Ysu, can I ask is it any different racing AC over at XGN & if so what's different in your opinion?
Finally if you're unhappy with how things are done here, which your posts leading up to & incl today seem to suggest then maybe it's best you give AACL a break while we develop & grow it along with AC reaching RC...
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Flinty72 wrote:Ysu.... maybe it's best you give AACL a break while we develop & grow it along with AC reaching RC...
I would like to echo these sentiments. You seem completely outraged by how it's all running/organised, perhaps take a break and save yourself, and us, the grief.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I just want to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to everyone involved in getting the AACL up and running!!

I think it was handled well with a few stand alone events to find out the potential issues on the Admin side of things and then sort out an event schedule and map out everything pretty clear when it comes to:

Hotlap requirements and timings for entry
Skin Organisation
Race Night comms
Race Session Timings to suit most people to race
Sourcing Race Servers

Things can only get better when we can all get full race replay's to review potential incidents, from there it sactions can be placed on such events if deemed "Non Racing Incidents"

I can see this hopefully getting towards the setup that the AAL was, fun but fair!!

So on behalf of the 90% of people that are enjoying all things AACL keep up the good work :yes: :nod: :D :p :tilt: