V8Factor League

ISI's new sim rFactor
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

SHoNKY wrote:You are probably right SE1Z, the other thing that pisses me off is when I do join a server with a good amount of people on it, its on bloody practice for an eternity, whats with all the servers set to 1 hour of practice with the race set to 5 laps, that drives me insane, I try voting to to move to the race but almost always someone doesn't want to race, they'd prefer to practice and the server ends up stuck on practice, at this point I usually leave.

FFS, if you just want to practice people, do it off bloody line! :bang:
Here, here, Shonky!!! :yes:
My sentiments exactally.

Tassie
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, I agree. If only the game was configured correctly by server admins then it would be sweet. rF is the only thing that comes close to LFS for online racing - it's still got a bit to go though but it's unfortunate that this aspect which could so easily be corrected by people isn't.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

I'll have the MPR server running the V8Factor mod by tonight, so perhaps we could get some ideas on what sort of settings you'd expect from an online race server? How long for practise, how long for qual, how many laps per race, etc etc.
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Personally I think its a little difficult to compare LFS and rF in this respect, whilst I agree I'd like to see more actual races, the content in rF is continually changing and being added too, in some cases it very hard to just get in and race in a controlled manner simply because you don't know the track or have a setup and know the capabilities for the new mod your driving............... now compare that to LFS where the content is always the same.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I can see where you are coming from Sterls but that doesn't hold water with me, if I download a new track/mod, after installing it the first thing I do is have a crack offline first before going online and ruining someone elses race.

Maybe the rF community in general just have a different mentality when it comes to online etiquette. :rolleyes:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

EzyRider wrote:I'll have the MPR server running the V8Factor mod by tonight, so perhaps we could get some ideas on what sort of settings you'd expect from an online race server? How long for practise, how long for qual, how many laps per race, etc etc.
If you want quick sprint racing with a focus on racing instead of practicing:

No practice or warmup
20 mins qual
10 lap race (6-8 for tracks with longer laptimes)

Disable next session voting in multiplayer.ini to stop the impatient dicks that votespam next session as soon as they can no longer go on track at the end of qual regardless of whether others are still finishing laps or not. An admin can still move it to the next session, though having someone as admin blocks others from voting by default anyway.
Vote percentage next session="100"

Also, you might look at lowering the "Delay between sessions" and "Delay after race" which is also in the multiplayer.ini. The defaults are a bit long iirc. Something like 10 seconds between sessions and 20 seconds after race should be heaps.
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

I reckon 10 mins practice, 20 mins qual, 20 minutes race (however many laps that ends up being, say 15 for Hidden Valley, 10 for Bathurst etc).

That way, you're never more than 30 mins from a race - it's a fair gap to have a bit of a break to get a drink, a cookie and let more people flock in, but it's short enough that you're not sitting there for an hour for Practice 1 to wind down, then practice 2 starts :eek:
Check Six!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

LoudHoward wrote:I reckon 10 mins practice, 20 mins qual, 20 minutes race (however many laps that ends up being, say 15 for Hidden Valley, 10 for Bathurst etc).

That way, you're never more than 30 mins from a race - it's a fair gap to have a bit of a break to get a drink, a cookie and let more people flock in, but it's short enough that you're not sitting there for an hour for Practice 1 to wind down, then practice 2 starts :eek:
:yes: :yes:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

LoudHoward wrote:I reckon 10 mins practice, 20 mins qual, 20 minutes race (however many laps that ends up being, say 15 for Hidden Valley, 10 for Bathurst etc).

:yes: :yes: :yes:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I think the only reason to have separate practice and qual sessions is if you want to limit the number of laps allowed in qual. With 2 sessions and unlimited laps you just create a 1-2 minute period in the middle where people can't drive :)

Another thing you might consider when practicing for long races is making it either 1/2 distance or the length of 1 stint. That way people get to test tyre wear, fuel usage etc.
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

The XGN server is currently running 20 mins prac, 30 mins qual, 5 mins warmup and 5 lap races. If you are on your lonesome you can vote to change sessions or events without needing other voters. It's not perfect but we have to try and cover other people who wish to use the server too (you'd be surprised how many people just enjoy running practice with each other). With the voting thing by the way I could see the issue with public servers but I think you will find most of the folks who have access to the XGN server would be more than happy to have a race with any of you guys. I don't think the movement to race would be objected by many :)

We are working it out over time, so please have patience with us :)
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

dvestate wrote:For any late comers here is the field :)

Not Allocated

Ford

#4 - James Courtney (SBR)
#12 - John Bowe (Team BOC)
#25 - Warren Luff (Fujitsu Racing)
#26 - Jose Fernandez (Fujitsu Racing)

Holden
#39 - Alan Gurr (Team Sirromet Wines)
#67 - Paul Morris (Team Sirromet Wines)

Ford

1. Righteous - #1 Russell Ingall (SBR)
2. Se1z - #888 Craig Lowndes (888 Racing)
3. dvestate - #88 Jamie Wincup (888 Racing)
4. Nutty - #18 Will Davidson (DJR)
5. JTM29 - #6 Jason Bright (FPR)
6. Enforcer J - #5 Mark Winterbottom (FPR)
7. tz17 - #17 Steven Johnson (DJR)
8. Schmickle - # 14 Brad Jones (Team BOC)
9. Ezyrider - #10 Jason Bargwanna (WPS)
10. Acerlyte - #20 Marcus Marshall (Paul Cruksnak Racing)
11. Hz-Lab - #8 Max Wilson (WPS)

Holden

1. Gizmo - #15 Rick Kelly (Toll HSVDT)
2. Sterling - #16 Garth Tander (Toll HSVDT)
3. Cetram - #23 Andew Jones (Tasman Motorsport)
4. Cutter - #7 Steven Richards (Jack Daniel's Racing)
5. Shonky - #3 Jason Richards (Tasman Motorsport)
6. Peter - #2 Mark Skaife (HRT)
7. TassieDevil - #51 Greg Murphy (SuperCheap Auto)
8. Shaun - #22 - Todd Kelly (HRT)
9. Grasshoppah - #50 Cameron McConville (SuperCheap Auto)
10. Exar Kun - #55 Steve Owen (Autobarn Racing)
11. Juggle - #021 Paul Radisich (Team Kiwi)
12. Loud Howard - #33 Lee Holdsworth (GRM)
13. Ghost - #34 Dean Canto (GRM)
14. Zvook - #11 Paul Dumbrell (Jack Daniel's Racing)
What night are the races run and what time?

If the jeldwen falcon isnt taken ill be interested in that car but its dependent on what nights and times you guys have worked out.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

VIPEROSI wrote: If the jeldwen falcon isnt taken ill be interested in that car but its dependent on what nights and times you guys have worked out.
its the Off wednesday night of the LFS AAL. and the jeldwen falcon should be free
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Thanks R8, what time are the races run?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Qual starts at 8.30pm Viper, with the race starting round 9pm.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Cool, i usually have other commitments on wednesday nights but if its a 9 oclock start i can skip qualifying and just make it for the race
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I will be getting rFactor before Round #2 and was wondering if i could grab the #67 - Paul Morris (Team Sirromet Wines) Holden while its still there.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Here's the list :)

Tricked you.......
Last edited by dvestate on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

dvestate wrote:Here's the list :)

Holden

15. Knappo - #67 Paul Morris (Team Sirromet Wines)
Cheers Dvestate :bigthumb:
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

Ghost has pulled out, so the #34 GRM car is now not allocated - get in quick people! No one too fast though, I wanna be #1 :lol:
Check Six!
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

LoudHoward wrote:Ghost has pulled out, so the #34 GRM car is now not allocated - get in quick people! No one too fast though, I wanna be #1 :lol:
I would love it if i could jump into one of the GRM cars from the #67 Paul Morris car i just obtained (i would have chosen the GRM car but there was only the Team Sirromet Wines Holdens left :( .

Loudhoward if you want the #34 thats fine, can i please take the #33????
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

knappo he means no1 to fast enter the comp cos he wants to win :p
Hello :aussie:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

If that is the case can I please grab the now vacant #34 GRM Holden?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

V8 Factor sigs are cool :nod: :D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

where are you clowns getting them from?
Can someone pls make me a Craig Lowndes sig? :)
Steve
---