FSX Help!

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: FSX Help!

Post by Duke »

Exar Kun wrote:Thanks flinty, might give that a go.

Let me know how you go Exar, I may be able to assist further if required. Love my FSX. :D
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Bugger - didn't fix it. Gets to the splash screen before a dialogue comes up: Invalid Hardware or Driver Detected: This graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for shader support. This product requires a etc etc...

So I guess I try a new driver and cross my fingers.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Drivers didn't fix it either. :(

It has to be a dx10 update issue as FSX with no acceleration pack loaded just fine - i'm guessing sp2 over base install would give the same error. What's the best FSX forum to ask about this problem? I'm running two 5870 eyefinity6 in crossfire with most recent catalyst drivers.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

try either avsim.com or flightsim.com
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Another good place to ask is Sim Outhouse here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/f ... y.php?f=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Thanks guys. :tilt:
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

figured this would be an appropriate place to post.

I stumbled across a thread in my surfing that inspired me to get back in to FSX. It is a "how to get the best out of FSX" type thread, found here:

http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=194773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What got me in, and I didnt realise R8 had told us 3 years ago until just now, was the Tassie demo.

I followed the thread during my reinstall, even grabbed the free Cessna and have been doing a tour of Tasmania going from airport to airport using my own knowledge of my home state and the maps app on my ipad. I took off from Launceston and after 3 flights, I am at St Helens and going clockwise around the state.

I am having loads of fun from what is essentially a boring game :D
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Excellent Bauer, Raz and myself have been playing FSX a bit lately too, do yourself a favour and look into REX Essentials to take weather realism up another notch, at last check my FSX intallation between aircraft, ORBX global & AU, and REX Essentials + Overdrive is about 44Gb of data.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I haven't touched FSX for quite a while after finishing my race sim rig. I am a huge fan of ORBX & all their FTX regions just amazing quality & the ability to fly VFR if you have local knowledge or good maps. by the way have a look at FTX's newest release, AU Canberra City Scape. I've been waiting about 3 years for it & it is unbelievable!!!

As for FSX itself there has been some huge improvements over the past 12 months. Now that modern hardware is capable of running FSX at very high settings the shift lately has been to enhance & explore fixes, work-arounds & bugs in the old core MSFS engine it reminds me now of how other sims like GPL & RBR still run today & have a dedicated team of hardcore followers.

For example a new DX10 fixer product has just been released on the back of the same developer SteveFSX making many of then freeware on AVSIM.
I haven't tried it yet but apparently it makes for smoother flight at lower FPS & no more OOM's as DX10 can make full use of GFX RAM freeing up system RAM.

Then there is weather, the one getting the most accolades these days is OpusFSX
Apparently it loads instantaneously, reduced the dreaded cloud pop-up & keeps FPS high even with dense cloud cover.
It also has a live camera so mimics head movement to the environment.
So many FSX users now just use REX for the cloud & environment textures with OpusFSX for the weather injection. ;)

As for tuning FSX checkout Kosta's Flight Simulation World, he has one of the best guides to improve FSX performance. ;)
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."