My next car

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Bauer

Re: My next car

Post by Bauer »

[youtube] [/youtube]

game over

but then a Rav4 might be the go too :D
Last edited by Bauer on Mon May 24, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------
Stu
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DexterPunk wrote: Wouldn't parts and servicing be cheaper on a Toyota than scooby?
By far :nod:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

r8response wrote:Falcodore will be easier and cheaper for spare parts and servicing than a Bitsushiti.
maybe right with the parts, I don't think the labour cost will differ. However, when the purchase price is 5 or 10 grand off, I think the yearly $1000 service cost is pocket change...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should not by falcodore. Buy it if that's what makes you tick. That just makes my mitsubishi purchase even cheaper next time around :lol:
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Bauer wrote:[youtube] [/youtube]
game over

but then a Rav4 might be the go too :D[/quote]

haha!! :rofl: that's quite possibly the stupidest car mod I've ever seen.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:Thanks for everyones input.... I want something a little newer than early 90s maxi. But would be interested If they still made them.

I think it might be down to a falcodore wagon, forester or hilux. But I think the 4x4/AWD candidates are favorite for now. Wouldn't parts and servicing be cheaper on a Toyota than scooby?
Oh and Astro, manual for sure.... Auto is for girls, girly men, and fat lazy people :D
Well scratch the Falcodores then Dex. You cant get a manual wagon unless it is the sports models. SS etc.

That said, if I had a manual on the Ivanhoe to Menindee road I would have been fucked. Actually I can think of a few times having an auto helped me out. I realise there will be times a manual could be handy too, I am just talking about my experiences.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Kombi... :lol:
balls & boobs. . .
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

That's crap mate,this is the V8 powah!
pab

Post by pab »

Ah, come on Ysu, posting that is just totally irresponsible, Dex isn't going to buy that, what were you thinking?

He said he wanted a manual!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I prob would go the sporty route norbs if I went a wagon. Something like EK posted wouldn't be too bad. Yeah auto can be great for city driving as well... Not clutching in every 2 seconds. But I like to control my own revs etc... I've really only driven manual cars, my old man has had autos for a long time, while I don't mind driving them it just doesn't put as big a smile on my face. I think it's more of a personal preference thing.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Dex, the first time you don't have to handbrake and/or hold clutch/release with throttle on a slope start, you start appreciating the auto. Next when you have something in your hand or a nice woman you want to fondle a bit next to you, you appreciate the auto again. :lol: The list goes on.

I was a manual guy all my life, bought my first automatic here, and I became the lazy man. I do like to have the optional semi-auto, for those cases where you need engine brake or just want to feel you can do 100 in 2nd....hehe...but otherwise it's very comfortable.

Oi, maybe you're afraid that it'll be too comfy, eh? Softening up and everything ;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I had to drive a couple of autos around for a few weeks after my car was totaled. I loathed it. Even though one of those was a six speed with semi-auto function it was still too slow to react and I was missing the feet and hand coordination you get with a manual. Not being able to heel & toe or blip the throttle between changes was frustrating. I just couldn't go back to auto.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Exar Kun wrote:I had to drive a couple of autos around for a few weeks after my car was totaled. I loathed it. Even though one of those was a six speed with semi-auto function it was still too slow to react and I was missing the feet and hand coordination you get with a manual. Not being able to heel & toe or blip the throttle between changes was frustrating. I just couldn't go back to auto.
Just out of curiosity, where in Canberra do you need to heel and toe? Or blip between changes? Track days, yep, I understand. On the road??? :melt:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Just watch him drive, he's a freak, Norbs, :lol:
I bet he needs to heal/toe in his granny chair as well :D
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

norbs wrote: Just out of curiosity, where in Canberra do you need to heel and toe? Or blip between changes? Track days, yep, I understand. On the road??? :melt:
I heel/toe every downchange. One, for practise, and two because it's smoother.

Easier on the clutch, too.
:teach:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

norbs wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:I had to drive a couple of autos around for a few weeks after my car was totaled. I loathed it. Even though one of those was a six speed with semi-auto function it was still too slow to react and I was missing the feet and hand coordination you get with a manual. Not being able to heel & toe or blip the throttle between changes was frustrating. I just couldn't go back to auto.
Just out of curiosity, where in Canberra do you need to heel and toe? Or blip between changes? Track days, yep, I understand. On the road??? :melt:
Yeah, as VT said - it's just smoother. Not really about quick changes at all but I do like being smooth. It's a bit easier on the car too. The last time I had a service the mechanic said there was remarkably low wear on everything they could see.

Plus, it's fun. :tilt:
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I've found the car for you Dex. . . wow!

[youtube] [/youtube]

7:10 ish, now that is cool!
balls & boobs. . .
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

The air comes in here, and circulates here. lol

I want one though, give me the shagging option too.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

ysu wrote:Dex, the first time you don't have to handbrake and/or hold clutch/release with throttle on a slope start, you start appreciating the auto.
ive driven an auto plenty of times. Yeah there are some advantages, but I think I'm on the same page as EK, I like to drive a car, i don't get that feeling in an auto.

I also semi needlessly heel toe / blip. :)

nice find on the torry XD I want a hatch hutch and that girl please.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Something like this might be a goer....

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/SUBAR ... 64365&pt=1
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I've always thought one of those would be a cool car to get around in. I've never had the chance to drive one though.

What are they like parts/repairs wise I wonder??

Edit - If you look here the Impreza is one of the more expensive to repair in a smash. Might be an indicator.

http://www.nrma.com.au/keeping-safe-sec ... ests.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

yeah I think thats probably the main disadvantage when compared to something like a Toyota, more computers, more expensive parts and servicing.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Circumstances have changed quite a bit.. where Ive decided Id rather get something sooner rather than later. Was just looking for something cheap... around the $5k mark to replace what I have right now just to get me by, and think about something better down the track. Then I stumbled across this.... It's not 4x4 or has room to carry lots either, but its not a bad deal. Theres pretty much stuff all for a 2000 model anything with reasonable KM's for 5k... so this seems decent. Im hoping I can talk them down to maybe 6.5 k... Opinions?

http://www.melbournescheapestcars.com.a ... item=71583

edit: Ok, weird, they seem to be selling their cars with no Rego or RWC :(
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

that seems fishy, too cheap mate.
My bet; they either have something wrong with it, or it's the bait, which will be sold by the time you get there, but there's a 100 other "great deals" to choose from.
(actually it has plenty of kms in it, so it may not be too cheap after all...but ready for the next big service instead)

oh wait, it's an automatic!
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

A car of that age, with no rego, means $$$$ to fix the bitch. . .
I'd rather buy something with 8-12 months rego. . .
balls & boobs. . .