My newbie

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Re: My newbie

Post by Hazelb »

Did you try the CX5 Cutter? I was really impressed with the diesel I drove - Maxx sport...
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Vilante wrote:
w00dsy wrote:
Vilante wrote:Looks the goods CLP. How does it drive? Did you get the white?

Wrong Carl.
I've done that on this site a few times. 2 pho pa's in one thread. Awesome lol.
Dont sweat it, but for the record, I'm the handsome one with normal calf muscles.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Hazelb wrote:Did you try the CX5 Cutter? I was really impressed with the diesel I drove - Maxx sport...
Yeah We did, I quite liked it, but the Boss said it was too big in the bum.
Also it was a bit high to get the bike on from memory, I thought we would have to take it off the car to get in the carport.
Also the Skoda Yeti, which it far and away the best value, but the build quality is a bit iffy.
And it had a big jump to the 4WD versions, about 7- 8K from memory.

We looked at the Skoda Octavia for a bit as well.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

skoda!!1! :yikes:
now that's one brand I'll never buy, and you can bet your life on it. I've seen it when it was eastern block brand. That has left a life-long impression.
Let's put it simply; I knew only one guy who had no constant problems with it; but that chap took it all apart, and then put it all back together properly replacing all weak links.
Since it was one of the 4-5 brands you could buy back then & there, I've seen/heard a *lot* about them.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Im a bit keen on the Liberyy AWD GT Wagon...just waiting to hear whats going on with my job, my CX9 is due to be retired, like something a little bit sportier...

Somefin like would do! Enjoy the new beast...

http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/detail ... in,Max~0.5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:skoda!!1! :yikes:
now that's one brand I'll never buy, and you can bet your life on it. I've seen it when it was eastern block brand. That has left a life-long impression.
Very different company now! They tend to score higher than parent company VW in quality and customer satisfaction surveys.

Glad you checked out the whole field, Cutter. Interesting choice in the end. If you go by reviews then the XV tends to just come out as being "average". Not bad and not great. Good feature list but not so good drivetrain. The CX-5 is the new darling and the Tiguan still gets good write ups. The Yeti has just scored a new version, by the way - a petrol AWD one to plug the gap between the 2WD 77TSI petrol and the AWD 103TDI. The 2WD model seems to be getting some really good driveaway deals now too ($26k or so). Anyway that's neither here nor there really - especially if the Tiguan wasn't big enough since they're the same car underneath.

I'm pretty much jealous of any new car purchases - I just wish I was in the market so I could go out and test drive all those different cars! Enjoy the new ride. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hazelb wrote:Im a bit keen on the Liberyy AWD GT Wagon...just waiting to hear whats going on with my job, my CX9 is due to be retired, like something a little bit sportier...

http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/detail ... in,Max~0.5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Argh! My eyes! It's a shame they made the current model so damn ugly. The gen IV looked awesome.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Exar Kun wrote:
Hazelb wrote:Im a bit keen on the Liberyy AWD GT Wagon...just waiting to hear whats going on with my job, my CX9 is due to be retired, like something a little bit sportier...

Argh! My eyes! It's a shame they made the current model so damn ugly. The gen IV looked awesome.
Not the prettiest, but I like the wagon more than the sedan...
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Forester is more for family's, were the XV is more for the couples market, with a smaller boot space then most hatches.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Personally I think the 9 is sportier than that :)

If you want something sporty, have a MLC and be done with it. You are overdue. :D

Working for me :up:
--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Bauer wrote:

Personally I think the 9 is sportier than that :)

If you want something sporty, have a MLC and be done with it. You are overdue. :D

Working for me :up:
Lol..u order your Maxwell Smart yet?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

hell no

group buy?
--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Bauer wrote:hell no

group buy?
Only if I can call mine Maxwell!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:
ysu wrote:skoda!!1! :yikes:
Very different company now! They tend to score higher than parent company VW in quality and customer satisfaction surveys.

Glad you checked out the whole field, Cutter. Interesting choice in the end. If you go by reviews then the XV tends to just come out as being "average". Not bad and not great. Good feature list but not so good drivetrain. The CX-5 is the new darling and the Tiguan still gets good write ups. The Yeti has just scored a new version, by the way - a petrol AWD one to plug the gap between the 2WD 77TSI petrol and the AWD 103TDI. The 2WD model seems to be getting some really good driveaway deals now too ($26k or so). Anyway that's neither here nor there really - especially if the Tiguan wasn't big enough since they're the same car underneath.

I'm pretty much jealous of any new car purchases - I just wish I was in the market so I could go out and test drive all those different cars! Enjoy the new ride. :tilt:
I hear ya, but the damage cannot be undone. I'd never drive a Skoda and that's that. :)

by the way I've checked out the cx-5 and it feels small for what it is, and feels cheap, too. You just look at it, and it looks cheap. Everywhere. Even on the outside those plastic pieces on the pillar shout "cheap". Can't help it. Oh, but it's expensive all right.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

VTRacing wrote:
Vilante wrote: I've done that on this site a few times. 2 pho pa's in one thread. Awesome lol.
heh :p
pab

Post by pab »

Hazelb wrote:

group buy?
Does it come with a free 99?
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

pab wrote:
Hazelb wrote:

group buy?
Does it come with a free 99?
If it does, I'm in!

As long as it is the original model, and not the current one. :yikes:

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:
As long as it is the original model, and not the current one. :yikes:

I hope you're aware that the 'original model' is in fact the one on the right....:D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

wuh?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

wooooosh!
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Picked it up on Friday.....PWOURR that new car smell. Gives me the horn.
Was hard to say goodbye to the PT Cruiser, first car I ever stalked till I got one.

But, seriously good ride, you ride in it, not on it. Sounds strange but thats how it feels.
Lots of gadgets to get my head around.
Sat Nav / Bluetooth phone & ipod connectivity.Voice commands.
2 manuals the size of Gideons Bibles.
The engine cutting out at lights is a bit freaky, but starts again in a heartbeat.

6 speed manual is easier than I thought.

Very smooth, very approachable to drive.Light, responsive and fun.

More later.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard