GT2014 – Race 3 – Silverstone

Racing league forum for all different games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: GT2014 – Race 3 – Silverstone

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:I vote next multiclass series there's no swapping car types between rounds... :rolleyes:

Damnation to those swapping to the M3 GT2 for this race. :p :lol:
I think flexibility is a good thing. Means more people are happier to race, which means more people involved. :yes:

And, as an admin, you could have called for no swaps. :nod:

Besides, if there was no flexibility, you wouldn't have had the chance to finish behind me last race. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I agree, I think the options have made it interesting!
eek
Davo

Post by Davo »

I think the M3 definitely dominates at pretty much every track..according to RSR. I was going to try the Ferrari at Imola but no one else went it so decided to try the Mclaren and it was more fun to drive around there than the M3. The Z4 for me is just meh... The M3 was great at Monza and is sweet at Silverstone too. Still need to refine the setup and driving to get a sub 2min lap.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Was the server up last night? If so I am having issues finding it.... I try playing with the button options and searching for aacl but not bringing anything up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
richo

Post by richo »

OT has anyone got the Fanatec Porsche 911GT 2 wheel and the elite pedals?
[]D [] []v[] []D
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I'd like one if you have some spare? :-P
eek
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Is Richo giving away free gear?

I'll have some too.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Righteous wrote:Is Richo giving away free gear?

I'll have some too.
Hey,

I got in first! Push off free loader!
eek
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Sign me up if you have free gear for everyone :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
richo

Post by richo »

Poorly worded via the phone , Has anyone got these and are they good ? Better.
[]D [] []v[] []D
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Anyone up for some practice laps? I'm on for next 1 hour or so (until about noon ADE time)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

In case you don't see the email reminder, entries close tonight at 12midnight EST for round 3 of the GT Winter series. http://www.aacl.net.au/gt2014-race-3-silverstone/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Anyone got any setups. For z4 or m3. I'm still undecided but i will do some laps tonight
Hello :aussie:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Sorry Shaun, mine isnt worth sharing.. its a pos to drive currently :(

anyway, I set a few laps tonight, first time was a 2.06 which is picked up via steam, i beat it and when i update it doesnt work :(
Shouldnt matter as there is only one division but its annoying :(
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

nutty, you must of cut the track a little... It was happening to me even though the in-game penalty wasn't triggering.
Also I think I even had to exit & then go back into HL mode for any further laps to be detected correctly, I could never prove if it was a bug though...

Shaun, I have HL sets for both here: http://www.arseforums.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 79#p382379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adjust to your liking, I use a load cell brake mod so you may find the brake balance is no good for your style. ;)
Dukester

plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Flinty72 wrote:Shaun, I have HL sets for both here: http://www.arseforums.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 79#p382379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adjust to your liking, I use a load cell brake mod so you may find the brake balance is no good for your style. ;)
Flinty, I used your set posted on previous page for my HL, worked wonders. Just wondering how would your load cell brake mod affect (or have an effect on) the brake balance setting in game? It didn't feel too bad for my stock pedal, but would you recommend moving brake balance forward or back? And, IIRC, the brake bias just has a setting of 0-100% (think it is capped around 40-80 or so), and I can't work out if higher value = more rear bias or front bias?

I'll be practising on the server for net hour or so, whilst the missus is watching X-Factor :rolleyes: (time now is 7:30pm ADE)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

With the load-cell I have to set the in-game progressive brake setting to 0.00 (linear) where it is around 1.80 iirc to cater for the typical spring brake pedals on the market.
I don't totally know why but with that linear setting I then have to then push the brake balance more forward than what is set as default on all cars, otherwise it locks the rear wheels to much on corner entry & we all know how good that is for handling. :p
The brake bias setting is in % of front brake bias, so the higher the number means more brake effort is placed on the front discs. ;)
You can adjust the bias in game but I can't remember the default key mappings as I have them mapped to buttons, just look them up then tinker until you're happy. :yes:
Dukester

amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Shaun wrote:Anyone got any setups. For z4 or m3. I'm still undecided but i will do some laps tonight
Hey shaun. I don't know how to upload my actual set up so I will just tell you. With this track, and generally all the tracks, i tend to take out aero down to about 3-4 depending on the track; here I am on 4. That will make it very twitchy so add some rear toe; 2-3 extra is usually enough. This may cause the car to understeer slightly so take out 1 toe from the front and that works pretty sweet for me
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Cheers guys. I tried your set on the m3 flinty but hated the car. Have to try the z4. Don't like this track at all lol
Hello :aussie:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Flinty72 wrote:nutty, you must of cut the track a little... It was happening to me even though the in-game penalty wasn't triggering.
Also I think I even had to exit & then go back into HL mode for any further laps to be detected correctly, I could never prove if it was a bug though...

Shaun, I have HL sets for both here: http://www.arseforums.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 79#p382379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Must have been that.. went in and went again.. got it :)
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Flinty72 wrote:With the load-cell I have to set the in-game progressive brake setting to 0.00 (linear) where it is around 1.80 iirc to cater for the typical spring brake pedals on the market.
I don't totally know why but with that linear setting I then have to then push the brake balance more forward than what is set as default on all cars, otherwise it locks the rear wheels to much on corner entry & we all know how good that is for handling. :p
The brake bias setting is in % of front brake bias, so the higher the number means more brake effort is placed on the front discs. ;)
You can adjust the bias in game but I can't remember the default key mappings as I have them mapped to buttons, just look them up then tinker until you're happy. :yes:
That makes sense, thanks Flinty :)

Do you have any (setup) tips for the M3 GT2 in the low speed corners? When exiting the corner, if the back end is starting to step out, I am having a lot of trouble to do anything to stop it from swinging me around 180 degrees... cutting throttle, easing off throttle, counter steering... nothing helps. The low speed corners are my least favourite! Is this a diff. setting perhaps? (I'm a setup newb).
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

plastik8 wrote:Do you have any (setup) tips for the M3 GT2 in the low speed corners? When exiting the corner, if the back end is starting to step out, I am having a lot of trouble to do anything to stop it from swinging me around 180 degrees... cutting throttle, easing off throttle, counter steering... nothing helps. The low speed corners are my least favourite! Is this a diff. setting perhaps? (I'm a setup newb).
My setup knowledge is a bit limited still but it is slowly coming back to me...
To help try taking a notch out the rear anti-roll bar, make it 3 instead of 4.
Also try amwarrior's tip above about rear toe.
You may also be able to tune the diff to help but I have no idea what, how or which setting will help. Sorry.
Remember only do one change at a time & always small adjustments each time then give yourself a few laps to get used to the change before deciding if it's worth keeping.

Another tip is don't change the setup yet but try to take take a wide & delayed entry into the tight corners to get a straighter line on exit to avoid loading the car laterally while trying to accelerate. Sacrifice your entry speed & resist the ultra quick entry line for the sake of a good exit that will return the loss & give you more at the end of that next straight. ;)
Dukester

Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Try cutting some laps with the tyre temp meter going, the way silverstone runs the left-hand tyres get much hotter than the right, I was running 110 degrees on the left side and 87 degrees on the right during some laps, so it helps to balance the tyre pressures to suit.
Davo

Post by Davo »

My time didn't register either.. even though it registered as a valid hotlap in-game.

Here's my setup for a sub 2min lap on supersofts, good for about 1 lap LOL

I'll be online on the practice server later tonight at about 7.30pm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Flinty72 wrote:
plastik8 wrote:Do you have any (setup) tips for the M3 GT2 in the low speed corners? When exiting the corner, if the back end is starting to step out, I am having a lot of trouble to do anything to stop it from swinging me around 180 degrees... cutting throttle, easing off throttle, counter steering... nothing helps. The low speed corners are my least favourite! Is this a diff. setting perhaps? (I'm a setup newb).
My setup knowledge is a bit limited still but it is slowly coming back to me...
To help try taking a notch out the rear anti-roll bar, make it 3 instead of 4.
Also try amwarrior's tip above about rear toe.
You may also be able to tune the diff to help but I have no idea what, how or which setting will help. Sorry.
Remember only do one change at a time & always small adjustments each time then give yourself a few laps to get used to the change before deciding if it's worth keeping.

Another tip is don't change the setup yet but try to take take a wide & delayed entry into the tight corners to get a straighter line on exit to avoid loading the car laterally while trying to accelerate. Sacrifice your entry speed & resist the ultra quick entry line for the sake of a good exit that will return the loss & give you more at the end of that next straight. ;)
Cheers Flinty!

For anyone that's keen, I'll be on the server for the next hour or so getting some practice in. Would be good to have someone to practice with :)