GT2014 – Race 4 – Vallelunga

Racing league forum for all different games.
pixelboy

Re: GT2014 – Race 4 – Vallelunga

Post by pixelboy »

No worries.
eek
waywardtoaster

Post by waywardtoaster »

I was getting error 0 until I entered the password...
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks heaps Davo for the use of your server, had a great time with you guys tonight.

Think the M3 has it again this round as long as the M3 drivers don't trip each other up.

Definitely need to remember to set the AACL servers for 100% grip from now too. ;)
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Flinty72 wrote:Definitely need to remember to set the AACL servers for 100% grip from now too. ;)
Set the grip to 50% and give the guys a bit of a challenge!
Davo

Post by Davo »

Flinty72 wrote:Thanks heaps Davo for the use of your server, had a great time with you guys tonight.

Think the M3 has it again this round as long as the M3 drivers don't trip each other up.

Definitely need to remember to set the AACL servers for 100% grip from now too. ;)
All good, it's a free Amazon VPS.. works well for AC so I leave it up :yes: Was good and pretty close racing but the M3 is just too quick.. 32s on race setup is seriously fast!

I haven't done a 20 lap race test yet, will have to find some time tonight.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Flinty72 wrote:Thanks heaps Davo for the use of your server, had a great time with you guys tonight.

I forgot how fun it is to be on the edge of control and chaos.. love it.. thanks for the quick run last night fellas.

Also I think the M3 is for cheats I am one of them :arseshake:
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Race mail?
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Shaun wrote:Race mail?
Pix is sorting it very shortly so keep an eye out for it & remember to check spam folder. ;)
Dukester

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

just come through now, thanks guys
Davo

Post by Davo »

I'll be online practising on the XRST #2 server with password of arse and on TS @ games.xrst.net.au from about 7pm if anyone wants to join in.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Sorry chaps. I was getting some really horrible stuttering all over the track. I didn't think it was the appropriate time to try and troubleshoot, so I thought I'd give it a miss this round.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

So the idea is to go around the slower cars, not drive into them.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

norbs wrote:So the idea is to go around the slower cars, not drive into them.
I am very sorry Norbs for my punt into you on Lap 7 into "Cimini 1", I completely misread the speed of my car, 100% my fault :( That cost you two places, for which I am very sorry.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

plastik8 wrote:
norbs wrote:So the idea is to go around the slower cars, not drive into them.
I am very sorry Norbs for my punt into you on Lap 7 into "Cimini 1", I completely misread the speed of my car, 100% my fault :( That cost you two places, for which I am very sorry.
Apology accepted. Thanks.

That was a big one, but there were some others.

Next race, my car is going to be sponsored by fucking Fleshlight!
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Well, a good race for me.

Qualifying was interesting. I forgot about the track grip levels being down so put in a decent lap and then waited for the grip to come up to 100%. Seemed to do that with around 4 minutes left. So I had one chance at getting it right. Set a new PB, even with a bit of an error, was pretty chuffed.

The race was nuts. I didn't know whether to go on softs or mediums. I went softs, which was a mistake.

I managed to build a 2 sec lead over renesis before the tires started to shit themselves. At first I was slowly loosing my lead, then I started dropping a few tenths at a time. I was hoping for a mistake from renesis to take the pressure off, but it never really happened. I could see I was holding him up and Shaun was catching us both. Again, I was hoping Shaun might stick nose in as well and those 2 would squabble, again didn't happen.

I managed to hold on, despite having a very slow, very slippery M3.

Very happy with the win.

Thanks for the great dirving renesis, you probably had a couple of chances to stick your nose up the inside, but refrained from dive-bombing. Very much appreciated :yes:
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Well, another race done and dusted for the Bardahl team.
Qualified 8th and made a good tyre choice in the race, but still down on grip, thanks to my 5 extra laps of fuel I had in the tank... :(
Slowly slipped down the field until I got to 11th and had what can only be described as a destruction derby with Hylas who missed his braking markers twice and shot into my poor beemer...
Sadly I over-cooked the car, slammed the inside kerb and two-wheeled into the sand trap at Esse.
Spent a few laps trying to catch Hylas but our previous duel had damaged my car, so I kept it off the grass (sometimes) and coasted home for 12th.
I hope you guys like the last lap drifting I did before I hit the pit wall!
Props to Flinty who started the race in the pits and made it up to 6th and Juddo who kept the ferrari (which was about 5 seconds off the pace) out of trouble until he called it quits on lap 17.
Good race, see you guys at Le Mans for some real duelling!
Gonna paint a bullseye on the p4/5 for the next race.
Last edited by Bails MacKenzie on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Race Results:

Dukester

waywardtoaster

Post by waywardtoaster »

My race was quite straight forward. Drive behind box for the entire race. I didn't have enough top end speed to get past down the main straight and lost too much distance over the inside of the track to make a move. Was fun to see the different strengths and weaknesses between my z4 and the m3 anyway. Cheers all.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Managed to get the full replay this week. Will have a link in the morning gents.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Well that was unexpected, Qualified heaps higher than i expected so i was stoked with that. The race i gridded up and saw no one to my right (poor Flinty :( ) so i had a bit of room which was nice. Setlled into rythm close to renz and righty but soon realised i wasn't going to keep up with them unless i pushed hard and caused myself to make mistakes. I was still faster than Boxhead and Waywardtoaster so i kept a decent gap to them and a steady 5-6 second gap to righty and renz. I had no apps up so i had no idea what lap it was but i noticed i was pegging righty and renz back at a big rate so i pushed harder and caught up pretty close, i was close for first 2 sectors then drop back into the last couple of corners so i was never close enough to make a move which was a shame. On a whole I am super stoked with 3rd had no expectation of it. Can't really say good race to anyone because i was by myself most of the time but for when i was with righty and renz at the end it was great racing i was just praying you ARSEholes would take eachother out haha. Also if renz was still in AR and teams existed itd be AR top 5 :p
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

AR FTW!
juddo

Post by juddo »

Gday all. Had a fun race running around the back, and keeping out of the way of the front runners. That is until I ran out of fuel with a couple of laps to go... First time I have used AC on line and had pretty poor frame rates. will have to have a look at that.

FYI I have been around a while mostly in GPL and iRacing. Still race GPL with a small group but pretty much given up on iRacing.

1 question - is there a way of seeing your relative position compared to the cars around you? The only way I knew I was being lapped was from my mirrors which were in low res. Come to think of it, I did not see any blue flags or any flags for that matter.

Cheers, Juddo (Matt).
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

No idea what happened with my grid up. I hit the join button with about 25secs to race start & it put me in my pit box... The replay shows my grid position vacant... WTF!!!
Luckily it let me leave at the race start as the lights went out & I exited the pits pretty much last but right on the pack.
Then into the "Cimini's" I was on the tight inside line, unfortunately & accidentally I tagged Pix which halfe spun him but luckily I was able to also tap his nose as it came around to sort of straighten him up. My 1st apology of the night.
My 2nd apology is to norbs, sorry mate. I know it sure looks like a bad dive bomb but it was my misjudgement of your early braking that meant I either took avoiding action or punt you like what would happen a few laps later with Martin.
In a twist of fate I would brake too late & nearly go off on the next corner giving norbs the spot back along with letting Martin through as well.
We stayed like that for the next lap or so & I honestly thought that was the battle I'd be stuck in to the end of the race unless someone made a mistake, which as fortune would have it happened later to get me up to 6th.
From then on that's where I stayed, the gap up ahead was too far with Box & Toaster doing similar lap times. I just had to hold off Davo in the last few laps as he had a slight edge but nothing I couldn't manage.
Happy to get what I got tbh.
Last edited by Duke on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

juddo wrote:Gday all. Had a fun race running around the back, and keeping out of the way of the front runners. That is until I ran out of fuel with a couple of laps to go... First time I have used AC on line and had pretty poor frame rates. will have to have a look at that.

FYI I have been around a while mostly in GPL and iRacing. Still race GPL with a small group but pretty much given up on iRacing.

1 question - is there a way of seeing your relative position compared to the cars around you? The only way I knew I was being lapped was from my mirrors which were in low res. Come to think of it, I did not see any blue flags or any flags for that matter.

Cheers, Juddo (Matt).
F9 key in game?
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

norbs wrote:
juddo wrote:1 question - is there a way of seeing your relative position compared to the cars around you? The only way I knew I was being lapped was from my mirrors which were in low res. Come to think of it, I did not see any blue flags or any flags for that matter.

Cheers, Juddo (Matt).
F9 key in game?
Also, the track app / widget (forget exact name) is pretty handy too, as it shows your car as a red dot, and all others as a black dot on the track map.

Don't forget there is a large virtual mirror, which you can toggle with F11 (or F10?)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]