Race Sim Tech & Tips

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by norbs »

Jesus fuck, 30nm! I have mine topped at around 15nm and that is pretty strong.

Nice job on the wheel though.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

nutty wrote: The only challenge is the Next Level rig isn't really coping well with 30+nm of ffb.. but it will do for now until I can find a trak racer TR160 second hand.
Checkout simrigs.com they have fantastic rigs there at really good prices.

Also, for structural strength you dont need to go with the 160mm aluminium profile, the Simrigs Exodus which is 80x40 profile will hold any Direct drive wheel solidly. when you are going into the larger sized profile rigs, its more for aesthetics than strength.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

NeilPearson wrote:
nutty wrote: The only challenge is the Next Level rig isn't really coping well with 30+nm of ffb.. but it will do for now until I can find a trak racer TR160 second hand.
Checkout simrigs.com they have fantastic rigs there at really good prices.

Also, for structural strength you dont need to go with the 160mm aluminium profile, the Simrigs Exodus which is 80x40 profile will hold any Direct drive wheel solidly. when you are going into the larger sized profile rigs, its more for aesthetics than strength.
Cheers I'll check them out.

I'm fairly keen on 160mm as my next diy might be to look at motion, maybe not for a few years but I might just get the best rig I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norbs

Post by norbs »

Thanks to Box for the advice and Reiza for the discount :)

richo

Post by richo »

Very nice.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

@norbs w00t!!! :balloons:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

How cool are some of these: https://lovelystickers.com/

Seriously considering one for my wheel.
Wheel.JPG
Bases.JPG
And one for @ norbs :p
Norbs.JPG
Norbs Top.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Duke on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I like a few of the rim stickers but the wheel base ones look horrible in my opinion.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The new standarDD: The CSL DD
YES it costs only 349,95 € (incl. VAT) / 349,95$ (excl. VAT). (Expected to be $599 AUD)
YES it comes with a carbon fibre composite axis. This increases responsiveness and acceleration a lot.
YES it comes with the patented FluxBarrier™ technology allowing exceptional efficiency.
YES it is built by robots and this increases the quality and lowers the cost.
With the standard power supply, peak torque is 5 Nm, this is almost the level of a CSL Elite Wheel Base. But there is also the Boost Kit 180, an optional larger power supply unlocking the full 8 Nm.
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

wowsers. If we raced more on Friday nights maybe my CSWv2 base would wear out/explode and I would have an excuse to buy this thing .... just sayin' :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I also have a CSWv2 base thats around 7 years old now that wont give up!

Im tempted to upgrade to something like this when the time is right. Ive been doing a big home reno these last 2 months splitting a room into 2, one is my sons new bedroom and the other is a new graphic design office/sim racing room!

Very close to to getting flooring into both rooms and then building a custom desk for the workstation and getting my rig set back up again.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Seems like a great wheel. The force is quite low compared to other DD wheels but at $600 AUD you really got wrong. Ive really enjoyed the step-up from my CSL to the Direct Drive, the force is one thing but the precision and feedback in things like catching slides has been great.
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Been looking at DD for a while, now that wheel looks good! Cursed's old CSW V1.5 is good, but lacks a bit of response, which is good for putting the fear of god (well, fear of me anyway) into the hearts of any poor bastard stuck behind me who watches me take a whole straight to catch a car because the damn wheel just keeps rotating....
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Does anyone use these Buttkicker things? Do they add much?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yes & yes I have 4 BK Mini LFE's I got from SimExperience on Black Friday specials years ago
I used to use their SimVibe software but have now reverted to using SimHub's Shake-It Plugin as it provides beefier feedback at the same amp volume.
But they can also be a right PITA to get setup & working well. As each BK (Shaker) has it's own sweet spot depending on specific frequency harmonics, volume & mounting arrangement.
But once you have them setup to your liking they can be a great addition for both immersion & having another indicator of what your vehicle is doing at any point in time, the key is to set different effects to different frequencies so they are distinct from each other & to not have too many effects at once making it hard to tell what feedback each shaker is actually providing.
Some people even argue using shakers is a better upgrade in understanding what your car is doing than motion is but I can't advise if that's the case having never really used motion.
Although it is undisputed that it is a much cheaper first step to adding more tactile feedback to any rig.
If you want to go deep into researching them before shelling out $'s, then I suggest you start reading this thread on RD: Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

EDIT: by the way I wasn't recommending the BK Mini LFE units just pointing out what types of shakers I have. The Mini LFE's have some inherent flaws & very specific frequency ranges that work best for them. So you need to take the time to set them up & use them within their limitations to get the most out of them.

Dukester

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Thanks Duke. I'm having a break from spending more on my rig for a while so won't be getting one soon. I was just curious as I stumbled on a video review yesterday and was surprised how enthusiastic people were about them. I'd never really understood what they did. They sound pretty good although as you say, the setup sounds painful.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I run one, really transformed my experience. Gave a huge amount of immersion.. I really like the feel of hitting a curb and having that rumble through your arse or hitting the rev limiter when you miss a shift.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What shaker do yo use nutty?

I forgot to mention that a lot of people agree that having the BK Gamer model (or equivalent size competitor transducer) under your seat. Or at most 2 of them, one under the pedals & 1 under the seat is all you need to get a great immersive experience on a relatively small budget. To which I tend to agree given my experience with what I have used so far.
Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I ended up going full custom with my setup and have it all mounted in the same case as my DD setup using that PSU.

https://www.parts-express.com/WONDOM-AA ... hunzDSPPoc

+ a single
https://www.amazon.com.au/Aura-AST-2B-4 ... B0002ZPTBI

Seeing I ended up using the same PSU I got it all for well under $200.

I can add up to 4, but I only had 1 mounted under my seat on my old rig.. but im just putting finishing touches on my new profile rig and still working out how to mount it.. seems like the way to go is to just mount it directly to the fibreglass seat, but im just nervous about drilling into my new seat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Love how you went all custom!!! :yes:
I still have spare amps for another 4 channels so thinking of getting more shakers & the Aura's are on the shopping list.
They go OK then?
Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I cant really compare to others, so its hard to say, but it shakes my whole house down if that helps haha
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Ok.. So heres my update.. I went a bit crazy.. As I mentioned I was shopping around for a second hand profile rig, I ended up getting bored and went down the new trakracer path. Decision basically being I wanna look at motion in a few years and my mate who helped me with the Direct Drive has the same rig...

I also managed to nab a set of simworx LC pedals cheap off market place, so a very expensive month for me, but super stoked with the results.

norbs

Post by norbs »

Do you eat tacos whilst driving? :)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

NICE WORK.

Ide love a profile rig, they look so goood and have the added bonus of being able to tack on peripherals easily. But for now im in the process of giving my Obutto R3volution a new lease of life.

Hope to be all up and running in a few weeks time.