Orympic games

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Re: Orympic games

Post by Nigel »

Yeah and that was a pretty fucking good save too.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

fourthof5 wrote:Yeah and that was a pretty fucking good save too.
Fuck yeah. Pity Channel SloMo show it ages after it happens in real time.

One thing I have never liked about the sprints. The Chinese girl fell off all on her own in the 3rd race. If that happens, bad luck, you lose! But they give them a second bite of the cherry. Boo!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I love the sprints. Its a complete oxymoron really. 2 laps of concentration, strategy and planning. Then one lap of brute strength and power.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

They demoted the Chinese girl for elbowing though which was the right result after the fall.

The Aussie was no match for Pendelton though. She goes like stink.

Of the 10 golds up for grabs in the cycling, we've won 7 of them! Amazing work.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Big Kev wrote:They demoted the Chinese girl for elbowing though which was the right result after the fall.

The Aussie was no match for Pendelton though. She goes like stink.

Of the 10 golds up for grabs in the cycling, we've won 7 of them! Amazing work.
I agree Kev. Alot of cycling forums were talking them up before the games, but none gave them a chance of sweeping the velodrome like they have.

One thing that gives me the shits is people all over the place are questioning China's strong performance these Olympics, and yet the GB track cyclists has done something they have never done before and nary a peep. I dont have numbers to back it up yet, but I reckon the percentage improvement from the GB riders is higher than the Chinese haul of medals. Phelps and Bolt have had questions asked of them, but none of the GB cyclists. Why is that?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

You should wiki the results of Hoy, Wiggins and Pendelton. They've always been up there.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Big Kev wrote:You should wiki the results of Hoy, Wiggins and Pendelton. They've always been up there.
Right, so why are people still sus on Phelps. Its not like he is a nobody! Alot of the Chinese were expected to win medals, in the gymnastics especially, and yet people are still questioning them. Im not having a shot at the GB cyclists, I just think it stinks that they are apparently beyond reproach. If people can question other performances that seem like they have come from no where, why not these results? Like a British coach (Well Sutton is actually an Aussie as far as I am aware) said on the radio last night, they have thrown a shit load of money at cycling this games, knowing it was a place they were performing below potential prior to these games. Apparently, rowing has had some coin thrown at it too. From what I have read, Redgrave had something to do with that. I would imagine a person of his standing would have some sway in how funding was spent.

Good luck to the GB team. They needed to get their fingers out. It would have been bloody embarrassing to get trounced on their home turf. London is looking very good for Team GB now. Considering this little quote from a paper this morning...

There may well be a savage cutback heading their way but not nearly as brutal as the one about to be inflicted on Britain's Olympic hopefuls in the lead-up to the 2012 London Games.

Notwithstanding the fact that Britain has leapfrogged Australia to move into third place on the gold medal tally in Beijing with 16, the Brown Government is set to slash $214 million from its pre-
London Games sport budget in retaliation for the underperformance of its athletics, judo, fencing and shooting teams.

There is little joy for Australia in that news, however. That still leaves the British Olympic Association with a massive $1.076 billion to spend on its team in the lead-up to London.

:yikes:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

meh the Australians have pumped shit loads of cash into sport over the years and no one ever said anything about it. The Americans would also poor lots of cash into there Olympics campaign. So I don't have any issue with that, people are only complaning about it now because the "Poms" are beating the Aussies. I question China not because they don't have the ability but because its in the Governments interest to "appear" like they are beating the world. Given that they have faked a few things in the games already gives credence to the idea of appearance being more important to authenticity. Moreover, even if they get caught cheating later on it won't matter because the Chinese will not allow that information to get to its populous. And its not like they haven't done it before remember the swimming a few years ago. At any rate, its the first time in a very long time GB have really pushed to do well at the Olympics, and given that they will have the next games you can see why. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened in Australia. A lot of cash was pumped into cycling to give them the best chance at winning.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Whoooooo. Did anybody see the women 100 hurdles final? Go Sally!!!! How exicted was she? It was great to see. I went to school with her and spent many hours training at the track with her. She should of won a medal at the com games when she fell over. I'm sure this more than makes up for it! Watch out for her in london!
norbs

Post by norbs »

fourthof5 wrote:meh the Australians have pumped shit loads of cash into sport over the years and no one ever said anything about it. The Americans would also poor lots of cash into there Olympics campaign. So I don't have any issue with that, people are only complaning about it now because the "Poms" are beating the Aussies. I question China not because they don't have the ability but because its in the Governments interest to "appear" like they are beating the world. Given that they have faked a few things in the games already gives credence to the idea of appearance being more important to authenticity. Moreover, even if they get caught cheating later on it won't matter because the Chinese will not allow that information to get to its populous. And its not like they haven't done it before remember the swimming a few years ago. At any rate, its the first time in a very long time GB have really pushed to do well at the Olympics, and given that they will have the next games you can see why. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened in Australia. A lot of cash was pumped into cycling to give them the best chance at winning.

Wrong! Its not the Poms, its Great Britain. It takes 3 countries to beat us. :) Would love to see a break down of the medals. Isn't Hoy Scottish? Wiggins, born in Belgium? :p

And once again Nige, I am not complaining, just pointing out some facts. Australia has always punched way above our weight in world sports. Its our culture. We love to compete. We love winners. Jesus, look at the Australian of the year awards. Im not saying its right, but its our culture.

Oh, and you are right, its not like the Chinese havent been caught cheating before, but I reckon most countries have their drug cheats. Its whether they get caught thats the issue. East Germans in the 70's and 80's anyone?
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

She looked stunted / shocked to get into the final. She looked freaked out that she had won the Silver. She gets street cred for saying "Shit" and then running faster though. Got to love those live interviews. Gizmo is she really that excitable ?
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i half wondered if she was not quite right lol.. her reaction was great though! "did you see me??" :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

norbs wrote:
Wrong! Its not the Poms, its Great Britain. It takes 3 countries to beat us. :)
also... per capita we own. :yes:
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:
norbs wrote:
Well, jamaica would have to be up there. As for India. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote: Wrong! Its not the Poms, its Great Britain. It takes 3 countries to beat us. :) Would love to see a break down of the medals. Isn't Hoy Scottish? Wiggins, born in Belgium? :p
That's a valid point.
norbs wrote: And once again Nige, I am not complaining, just pointing out some facts.
I never said you were complaining. I was just acting as a counter weight to some of the ideas I am heard, not just yours.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

norbs wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:
norbs wrote:
Well, jamaica would have to be up there. As for India. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
yeah thats true hey.. i wouldnt mind seeing a per capita tele. lol poor india
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Well she was never quite that excitable, but then again i was never with her when she won a silver medal at the olympic games.Think of how you would feel. She trains twice a day nearly every day since she would of been about 8-10, all for the love of the sport. This is the reward for a life time of work.
Dexteronetoothbandit wrote:i half wondered if she was not quite right lol.. her reaction was great though! "did you see me??"
hahaha, my mother asked me the exact same thing this morning. She's all there :yes: She just would of been so shocked at her achievment.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Did anybody stay up to watch the 200m Final lastnight? Bolt, like in the 100m was in a different league. When ch7 went through the weather conditions i didn't think he had a hope in hell of getting the WR. He ran into a head wind of 1.9m/s ffs! On a night that was 28c and 80%+ humidity! He'll smash this new benchmark at his next major comp.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Anyone seen the BMX? It's been fun :)
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

yeah, but I don't think it was worth taking away the 1k sprint for the men or the 500m sprint for the girls though.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i do.. lol
thornz

Post by thornz »

yeah thats true hey.. i wouldnt mind seeing a per capita tele. lol poor india
Not sure how up to date this is, but anyway here ya go

1. Jamaica (7) - 400,618
2. Slovenia (5) - 401,542
3. New Zealand (9) - 463,717
4. Australia (36) - 572,246
5. Armenia (5) - 593,717
6. Estonia (2) - 653,802
7. Bahrain (1) - 718,306
8. Belarus (13) - 745,059
9. Cuba (13) - 878,765
10. Denmark (6) - 914,120
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

incase theres guys here interested in the games that dont read the photography forum

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=10725
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

Aha you went to Helensvale Giz?

Really the only event I've watched is the BMX, was a shame to see Kamakazi go out in the semis, but great to see him get that far after seeing first hand the amount of work he put into getting there.
The only thing we really need is a good tune, good view & a good brew.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Does anybody know who the hot chick playing violin next to beckham was? The one wearing the tight little shorts? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm