My next car

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Re: My next car

Post by kwijibo »

If you do decide to go the 4x4 route, then for sure, the hilux is an awesome car, but consider that you pay a premium for it. You can get a much newer rodeo for the same cash. I doubt they're quite as reliable, but the savings at purchase is hard to ignore.

I have a hilux surf which go pretty cheap purely because they're import. Never had an mechanical issues with mine, though they do have bad reputations for overheating (particularly the 2.4l model).

That all said, unless you're gonna be driving on beachs or doing some pretty hairy tracks, you can probably get away with a forrester/rav/crv etc. They'd be far cheaper on fuel thats for sure.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Hazelb wrote:Sweet

Cant believe you didnt know what a Chooktin was... LOL
but that wasnt was you typed :lol:
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

kwijibo wrote:If you do decide to go the 4x4 route, then for sure, the hilux is an awesome car, but consider that you pay a premium for it. You can get a much newer rodeo for the same cash. I doubt they're quite as reliable, but the savings at purchase is hard to ignore.

I have a hilux surf which go pretty cheap purely because they're import. Never had an mechanical issues with mine, though they do have bad reputations for overheating (particularly the 2.4l model).

That all said, unless you're gonna be driving on beachs or doing some pretty hairy tracks, you can probably get away with a forrester/rav/crv etc. They'd be far cheaper on fuel thats for sure.

Cheers.. It may happen down the track. Not sure if you saw but I just bought an 03 Lancer. Will do me for the time being, rad looking little car this one. I do really want a 4x4 at some point though, so very handy.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Surely there is a lift kit for lancers :lol:
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

DexterPunk wrote:
kwijibo wrote:If you do decide to go the 4x4 route, then for sure, the hilux is an awesome car, but consider that you pay a premium for it. You can get a much newer rodeo for the same cash. I doubt they're quite as reliable, but the savings at purchase is hard to ignore.

Cheers.. It may happen down the track. Not sure if you saw but I just bought an 03 Lancer. Will do me for the time being, rad looking little car this one. I do really want a 4x4 at some point though, so very handy.
Admittedly I did skim the thread quite quickly :lol: I do love my 4x4 tho!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

r8response wrote:Surely there is a lift kit for lancers :lol:

No doubt, If there is for an MX5 then I'd say theres sure to be one for a Lancer, they seem to mod the crap out of them :D
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Bauer wrote:
Hazelb wrote:Sweet

Cant believe you didnt know what a Chooktin was... LOL
but that wasnt was you typed :lol:
Oops...