The Presets

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Re: The Presets

Post by Nigel »

At least they don't sing in a fake american accent.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Just come back from seeing these guys live.

WOW

SUCH A LOVELY FACE IN SUCH AN UGLY CITY baby i will wait for you if we could be together forever!!

haha.

but no, really good. so glad i went sober.. maybe.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

NeilPearson wrote:so glad i went sober.. maybe.
Go to the front counter and hand in your australian passport... :)

That is the very thing wrong with aussie music.... seriously you can't listen to any of it sober... without bourbon, Jimmy Barnes would never have sold a single album :D
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
fp

Post by fp »

DexterPunk wrote:everyone seems to like them lately.

i dont.
Hear hear.

There are a few synth acts that I like, but thye aren't one of them. I can appreaciate why some people do, but they just don't float my boat.
bengatta wrote:... without bourbon, Jimmy Barnes would never have sold a single album :D
Even without booze, I'm sure 'cheap wine and a female goat' would have still been a hit in NZ.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Gizmo wrote:Never heard of them.
:eyepop: bloody jazz fans

Sorry, I just can't fathom how one could not have atleast have heard of their name! You watched F1 last year didn't you Giz? They often played some of their tracks during the intro and outro's between ad breaks so you might not have heard of them but you would have heard them :D
richo

Post by richo »

Probably a massive bump but anyways, i always feel somewhat cheated when i see a live act constantly using a laptop . I do like the Presets especially this boys in love such a great song, but they seem to have a similar setup to a mate of mine who fires up the loops and samples etc and they play live over the top .

But music is music i guess and how you make the sound should be unimportant next to the music its self , but i like the non precise nature of bending a string to the cold hard precise repetition of electronic music.

except when listening to Barber's Adagio For Strings by William Orbit with headphones on the volume wound right up..
[]D [] []v[] []D
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

bengatta wrote:

That is the very thing wrong with aussie music.... seriously you can't listen to any of it sober... without bourbon, Jimmy Barnes would never have sold a single album :D
i didnt mean alcohol, but i was a lilttle drunk anyway.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

richo wrote: except when listening to Barber's Adagio For Strings by William Orbit with headphones on the volume wound right up..
:yes: Right on.
:teach:
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

NeilPearson wrote:
bengatta wrote:

i didnt mean alcohol, but i was a lilttle drunk anyway.
I did forget to put a disclaimer in... because of bourbon... Jimmy has rightfully sold shitloads, which is great... win win situation when you think about it...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....