iPreview

iRacing
Bauer

iPreview

Post by Bauer »

this might be worth a look for those that are interested. An iRacing preview written by a long time beta tester. obviously biased towards iRacing but I found it interesting.

http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports4/moto ... _121a.html
--------------
Stu
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: iPreview

Post by durbster »

More good stuff, although the yank tanks aren't very appealing. The Legends looks like fun though :)

This is about the fourth time today I've gone looking for iRacing info so I guess I'll have to admit to msyelf that I might be interested after all :D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

This is a fairly shallow review skimming on the surface, it does not tell us much at all.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:This is a fairly shallow review skimming on the surface, it does not tell us much at all.
I agree - it still makes me want to try the game though.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

This from the Devs..about a week ago..

Based on your feedback, we're focused on race control, automated spotters and pit stops as the next features to be implemented. We also know that having even more opportunity to get on track with your friends is a top priority, and we're researching possible ways to integrate open practice sessions and private leagues into the service.

To me, having access to run in leagues, like we do now will add cream on the top!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

bit of a bugger about no offline testing. I mean i know u can log on then disconnect if you feel the need. But probably at least once a month here the net dies for half a day or so, it's normally at this time i will jump on LFS and do some offline laps. If i can't access the internet, it means i can't play iracing. dammit.. lol. oh well, no huge deal.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

we *could* implement our own racing series, in a way.

i know most racing i do is for fun, except for lfsea im in that for points, if we just announce a time/day for everyone to log into a certin race session.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

still wont help unless all the guys are the same or similar safety ratings and pace, remember, it plays match maker. while there is a race session at say 6pm, it may not well be the only race at 6pm, if there is enough people, it will split them up into multiple servers matched by safety points and skill points. Not so easy.

They do state they want to progress to having private leagues. We just need to sit on our hands for a bit.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Hz-Lab wrote:still wont help unless all the guys are the same or similar safety ratings and pace, remember, it plays match maker. while there is a race session at say 6pm, it may not well be the only race at 6pm, if there is enough people, it will split them up into multiple servers matched by safety points and skill points. Not so easy.

They do state they want to progress to having private leagues. We just need to sit on our hands for a bit.
oh yeah. lol

Well tbh im sick of you guys :P so if i get to race some new guys hurrah. plus then when i'm bored of them, private leagues ftw
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

well, we were sick of you first Neil!! hehe...:P

pretty sure at first, everyone will be fairly evenly rated... the beta guys (last month) noted that they just nominated a time for them to be on at once, ie, thursday 9pm, and off they raced.... but i guess we won't entirely know until the dam game is released.... HURRY UP ALLREADY!!!!!!!!!
balls & boobs. . .
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Hz-Lab wrote:still wont help unless all the guys are the same or similar safety ratings and pace, remember, it plays match maker. while there is a race session at say 6pm, it may not well be the only race at 6pm, if there is enough people, it will split them up into multiple servers matched by safety points and skill points. Not so easy.

I don't think there's too many overseas people at this time up. Euros - morning or daytime / USA - very late night or early morning.

So it might just work in fact, especially in the early days ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

We do usually get a few Europeans and Americans racing in our timezone, but not many.

Also, I think you guys might want to try what is available now before having private leagues. The racing is very much league standard and it's great competing with a wide range of guys rather than just the same group of friends every night.

I can see the reasoning behind the desire for private leagues, but I'm not missing it at the moment as there are advantages to not having it as well. If private league support was in there already, everyone would just be running in their own little groups :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yep agreed, and just imagine how cool it will be when u do line up against some old friends when you haven't for ages.. will rock. Also, none of us can hide behind nicknames anymore, a lot of us won't even know who we were racing anyway
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

It'll be refreshing to be racing new people at league standards. Should be great! At forst I hated the idea of subscription but now I can see It's massive potential to easily create the best sim racer out simply through updates and devs listening to customer feedback. This is all very promising... hope it lives up to it's potential.
Hz-Lab wrote:yep agreed, and just imagine how cool it will be when u do line up against some old friends when you haven't for ages.. will rock. Also, none of us can hide behind nicknames anymore, a lot of us won't even know who we were racing anyway

Ah true. What's everyone's name? Wait. I'll start a new thread.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Hz-Lab wrote:yep agreed, and just imagine how cool it will be when u do line up against some old friends when you haven't for ages.. will rock. Also, none of us can hide behind nicknames anymore, a lot of us won't even know who we were racing anyway
yeah you wont know who i am.. oh wait.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah private leagues do seem to be a little bit away from the main concept, it will probably be good more for setting up series with certain tracks different to the standard series.
I've read that you can add friends and it will also use this to place people in servers so we could probably set up a list of ARSE guys who are signed up, then we can all add each other so that we get grouped more often.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Been reading through the RSC iRacing forum and lots of interesting stuff there. Answers pretty much all the questions we could have at this time. This thread in particular has pretty much the full story. Have to say I'm really looking forward to giving it a go now. I'll see how much time I can commit in the first month and then go from there.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
thornz

Post by thornz »

One thing im unsure about is, say you buy the game for one month initially, complete a few races and move up a level or two, but then due to whatever, you have a few months off. When you come back, do you come back into where you left off? Or is it back to square one again? And the cars and tracks you purchase I assume are still available?
pab

Post by pab »

thornz wrote:When you come back, do you come back into where you left off? Or is it back to square one again? And the cars and tracks you purchase I assume are still available?
Yes, no and yes.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

If you haven't got it already there is a huge write up of iRacing in the new AutoSimSport issue: http://www.autosimsport.net/
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Flinty72 wrote:If you haven't got it already there is a huge write up of iRacing in the new AutoSimSport issue: http://www.autosimsport.net/
ooooo, new issus, thanks :yes: This one has seemed to of taken alittle longer than normal.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Gizmo wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:If you haven't got it already there is a huge write up of iRacing in the new AutoSimSport issue: http://www.autosimsport.net/
ooooo, new issus, thanks :yes: This one has seemed to of taken alittle longer than normal.
:rofl: then read the editors note, he states that the reason this one is so late is due to him playing iRacing :yes: :eyepop:
Dukester

Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Awesome... cheers flinty. This just makes me more impatient... and now I want an upgrade! Dammit!
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

lol
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Found an interesting thread on the GPL forum of RSC that might give ppl some perspective on iRacing.
I am not posting this to start a iRacing vs other sims comparison but it is still good to get different perspectives for those of us undecided on what to do and/or waiting for an iRacing invite. Also you need to keep in mind the demographic of ppl who play GPL to those who will eventually be iRacing advocates may be poles apart but still worth the read: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=322951
Dukester