IIIITTTTT BEGINNNSSSS

iRacing
Santaria

Re: IIIITTTTT BEGINNNSSSS

Post by Santaria »

Righteous wrote:I'm going to nick name him tander from now on.
lol, ouch
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I had two races last night at Lanier where I was stuck behind the same dude. Always drove the low line and chopped in to make it very unsafe to attempt to pass. I spent most of the first race behind him until I got caught up with backmarkers and he got away but in the second race I managed to get in front of him after a few laps and then he stacked it a couple later - which helped lead to an ARSE 1-2-3 w00t! Good times.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

That's exactly what he did to me Exar, just kept chopping and going low so you have no options. The whole length Lime Rock's main straight he was hard right...... Asssamahole!
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Exar Kun wrote:I had two races last night at Lanier where I was stuck behind the same dude. Always drove the low line and chopped in to make it very unsafe to attempt to pass. I spent most of the first race behind him until I got caught up with backmarkers and he got away but in the second race I managed to get in front of him after a few laps and then he stacked it a couple later - which helped lead to an ARSE 1-2-3 w00t! Good times.

That 1-2-3 ARSE race was great. I came from 8th into 2nd! Congrats to Hz who made up the 3rd, with NO sound....(did you get that sorted fella?)
balls & boobs. . .
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Quincy wrote:That 1-2-3 ARSE race was great. I came from 8th into 2nd! Congrats to Hz who made up the 3rd, with NO sound....(did you get that sorted fella?)
Yeah, I looked at the lap chart afterwards and you guys made great progress. I was worried for a bit when I looked at my F3 screen and saw how quickly you guys were making up ground over other people but the gap stayed fairly constant once the positions had been sorted out. Awesome run by Hz to get 3rd with no sound - i'd be all at sea without it.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

yep, you had an ounce more consistency with your lap times, I couldn't get any closer...
balls & boobs. . .
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Quincy wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:I had two races last night at Lanier where I was stuck behind the same dude. Always drove the low line and chopped in to make it very unsafe to attempt to pass. I spent most of the first race behind him until I got caught up with backmarkers and he got away but in the second race I managed to get in front of him after a few laps and then he stacked it a couple later - which helped lead to an ARSE 1-2-3 w00t! Good times.

That 1-2-3 ARSE race was great. I came from 8th into 2nd! Congrats to Hz who made up the 3rd, with NO sound....(did you get that sorted fella?)
Yeah that was awesome. A simple reboot fixed it. My laptop sometimes boots up without recognizing the sound card, i normally check before racing or anything that needs it, but this time i was just in a hurry to race.. lol.

I was at a loss for sure. No sound equated to about an extra .300 on my laptimes.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

First go just then, fucking looks very very good

ill be putting some hours into this over the weekend (depending how drunk I get tonight :p)
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Righteous wrote:That's exactly what he did to me Exar, just kept chopping and going low so you have no options. The whole length Lime Rock's main straight he was hard right...... Asssamahole!
Had a guy cutting and staying right on the last turn for a few laps there... so i floored it and went around the outside, tyres just in the dirt but somehow avoided penalty and passed him.... only to lock it up at the end of the straight and smash the tyre wall (x4) :rolleyes:
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Fandango wrote:
Righteous wrote:That's exactly what he did to me Exar, just kept chopping and going low so you have no options. The whole length Lime Rock's main straight he was hard right...... Asssamahole!
Had a guy cutting and staying right on the last turn for a few laps there... so i floored it and went around the outside, tyres just in the dirt but somehow avoided penalty and passed him.... only to lock it up at the end of the straight and smash the tyre wall (x4) :rolleyes:
feck that sucks.
next time just nudge the assamahole out of the way - that's only 0 points if you're gentle enough :) and honestly if it's a mistake point then let it be, the guy seems to be in the need to learn some racing etiquette the hard way, hehe. If everyone nudges him out of the way he'll catch the drift soon. :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

got to be careful, if they spin u get x2 plus any contact they might make with others/walls.... i know :(

Had one guy, an experianced racer just run the low line in rookie legends at lanier, i couldnt get past, had a massive run from the outside to the inside on the exit of the corner, didnt lift, he spun and big crash into the wall for him.

many points later he wasnt happy, i told him to stop being an idiot with his lines.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

does it take points from him and you or just you neil :rolleyes:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

If there is contact, then both drivers get any incident points earned for the next few seconds, so if you tap someone and they hit the wall, you'll get the wall contact points as well.

The most incident points you can earn in any sequence is 4, so it's not like you can get hit in a legends race and get 50 points for the ensuing pile up. I think this rule was added specifically to discourage the type of thing ysu is talking about. You might get away with the initial tap, but if it stuffs up the other driver then you'll get burned :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

ok that makes sense, they would be people doing it on purpose eg brake testing people and what not
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Bah this points thing is fustrating as, I was in 3rd for a heap of laps at lime rock, this guy catch's me and has a go into t1.
He went in way to hot so I swerved to avoid him, went off the track and spun around and ended up in the wall and i cop all the points.. sweet
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

well now you should know if you see a rammer sit there and take it then spin and crash to give them as many points as you can

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yep, will do from now on.

That being said, not sure I excatly like the format of the whole thi ng, the waiting for races is abit boring.. and the races just go for too many laps
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

ha i know what you mean i don't like lfs most of the time because nearly every one wants 5 lap races and restarts as soon as it finishes why not just have longer races

i like 500+, 100laps or 50 even most nights people do atleast 30-40laps but all in 5lap races that get reset as soon as the last one finishes but as soon as one 10-25 lap is put up people vote end race and put it back to 5

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wobblysauce wrote:ha i know what you mean i don't like lfs most of the time because nearly every one wants 5 lap races and restarts as soon as it finishes why not just have longer races
wah? did you even read what he said, he said he thought they were TOO long..

personally, i like the distance of the races, as you advance they get longer too. And i also like the wait between races. I used to load up LFS, and just go for like an hour and a half, i'd burn out on it and then not want to play it for a week or so. With this, you have your race, then it forces you to have a little break. Then by the time the next race comes around, you're back into it again. It works well I reckon, but thats just a personal opinion, I can understand how it could shit others off.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

i did read what he said and i do know what he means .. but i like the long stints

each to there own and all that :yes:

and yes the forced stop is well you can still race with other people like what most people do in LFS under qual laps

LFSW - driven distance : 147777 km, didn't get there by its self ( :rofl: 4 7's) tho i did have a year and a bit off that wasn't becouse i wasn't wanting to play i just couldn't because of work commitments

as for the long drive thing, with TDU i think i spent 6 hours just driving in one stint just because i like to drive and had nothing planed that day, also cheaper then paying for fuel in RL you must admit
Last edited by wobblysauce on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I like the race lengths, but I think the fields could be a bit bigger.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

DarrenM wrote:I like the race lengths, but I think the fields could be a bit bigger.

as for the fields amount it all has to do with, No. of racers then / server load ? i know there is some math behind it but i cant see the other board

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Field sizes are limited by the series, so rookie series have max 12 drivers but the higher levels have 30.

Makes sense on the ovals because the tracks are small in the early series, but on the road courses the field often gets spread out a bit. 20 mins with nobody around you in a slow car is like watching paint dry sometimes :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

.. mmm a wins a win ?

tho i know it wont rank well becouse of the field strength

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wobblysauce wrote:.. mmm a wins a win ?

tho i know it wont rank well becouse of the field strength
what?