iSafety iRatings

iRacing
DarrenM

Re: iSafety iRatings

Post by DarrenM »

My very strong advice would be to at least make sure your SR is over 3 before the end of next week or you'll be stuck as a rookie for 3 more months :)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I understand your point, but in the end I didnt partically go bonkers for Solstice. Sure I can see how good the game is and I quite enjoy it.. but its just boring.
I dont really want to do 10x30+min races just to get access to another car if I dont enjoy that one as much either.

I wanted to buy a car that people really enjoy and see what its like.

After doing that, im now keen to get stuck into teh Solstice and get my rating up
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I think each to their own. I have bought all the cars to have a play around with. But I am happy to go back to the solstice. Lot's of people are saying don't buy anything until you need to but for me I look at it more along the lines of, if you were racing oin a formula ford series and someone said, "hey would you like to take this f1 out for a spin to see what they are like"you wouldn't say no.

Yes I know it's all unlikely, but for me it makes me even more keen to continue on with the sim. But I guess the difference is, that I am enjoying what I am racing at the moment. I wasn't a massive fan of lime rock at first but after "sorting it out" I really started to enjoy pushing the car. I have instantly fallen in love with Summit point for some unknown reason and I was enjoying Laguna at the end.

I think what others have said regarding going to faster cars and then not being able to come back is true, but that's only if all you drive are the faster cars. I was freaking out about getting my SR up as I couldn't seem to catch a break, but a few clean races is all you need. Yes it can be a pain in the arse just going slow dodging cars, but it's what you need to do. Once your rating is up you can have a bit of a go and if those around you aren't willing, they will get out of your way pretty quickly.

If you can't be arsed spending the time to get your rating up to benefit later down the track, then perhaps iRacing isn't worth it for you.

It has been said a million times before, but the point of the first season is to get your SR up to 3, then the proper sorting etc comes into play and everyone should be getting a lot better racing.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nutty - if you're racing cleanly it really doesn't take long to get over 3.0 SR. I've done 11 races in my road racing career so far and only 6 in ovals. That's 3 weeks worth of having the game so not all that many races per week or anything. You get bugger all improvements from TTs so I've only done those when bored between races. My road SR is at 4.75 and my oval is at 3.85. If you do 4 clean races in the Solstice you'll be over 3.0 no worries.

On the topic of the faster cars - I bought the Skippy very early on (second night or something?) and did a lap or two in it at Limerock and a couple of sighting laps at other tracks just to see what they looked like. I then put it away until my road SR went above 4.0. I don't really care about the championship. Maybe with divisions it'll get more interesting. So now that I'm above 4.0 SR, the Skippy is my preferred ride. The D license for me will just mean there are more people to race against in it and a better variety of tracks over the season. I've got the Mazda too (and Silverstone - had a itch that needed scratching during British GP weekend) and I've done no more than 4 or 5 laps in it. I imagine once I'm safely over 4.0 SR in D level i'll be into it too - although then the choices will be more difficult as the Skippy is actually worth driving!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

DarrenM wrote:My very strong advice would be to at least make sure your SR is over 3 before the end of next week or you'll be stuck as a rookie for 3 more months :)
I am trying, whether I will be successful is another thing. I got no issues with the sim itself, it's all about time management outside of the game. If I am stuck at rookie for another 3 months then so be it, not that big a problem for me. I may live to regret that statement down the track, only time will tell. :nod:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

SHoNKY wrote:
DarrenM wrote:My very strong advice would be to at least make sure your SR is over 3 before the end of next week or you'll be stuck as a rookie for 3 more months :)
I am trying, whether I will be successful is another thing. I got no issues with the sim itself, it's all about time management outside of the game. If I am stuck at rookie for another 3 months then so be it, not that big a problem for me. I may live to regret that statement down the track, only time will tell. :nod:
As long as you get above 4.0 (and stay there) during your time as rookie then you'll be able to race the Skippy anyway. And racing that car counts towards your minimum participation for advancement from a rookie license too as it's anything at your current license level and above that counts.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Exar Kun wrote:
SHoNKY wrote:
As long as you get above 4.0 (and stay there) during your time as rookie then you'll be able to race the Skippy anyway. And racing that car counts towards your minimum participation for advancement from a rookie license too as it's anything at your current license level and above that counts.
it all sounds nice :nod:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think getting your SR up from rookie is a not hard at all, as I've said a few times before. Takes about 4-6 races and other sessions, all you need to do is to keep absolutely clean. Which is pretty easy to do if you follow the meaning of the whole iRacing concept and race within your limits. Winning means nothing at this point.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ysu wrote:I think getting your SR up from rookie is a not hard at all, as I've said a few times before. Takes about 4-6 races and other sessions, all you need to do is to keep absolutely clean. Which is pretty easy to do if you follow the meaning of the whole iRacing concept and race within your limits. Winning means nothing at this point.
i had like 40 points after my 3 first races in Solstice at Lime Rock.

I failed big time. so its hard getting it to 3.0, nearly there at 2.92 :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

NeilPearson wrote:
ysu wrote:I think getting your SR up from rookie is a not hard at all, as I've said a few times before. Takes about 4-6 races and other sessions, all you need to do is to keep absolutely clean. Which is pretty easy to do if you follow the meaning of the whole iRacing concept and race within your limits. Winning means nothing at this point.
i had like 40 points after my 3 first races in Solstice at Lime Rock.

I failed big time. so its hard getting it to 3.0, nearly there at 2.92 :D
LOL, from what I've seen on the member's forum, the road racers are finding the transition to oval racing a bit easier than some of the seasoned oval racers are finding the reverse.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah seems to be quite a shock for the oval guys trying out the road courses but it's cool the way iRacing seems to encourage those from either side to try out the other. I've been racing just as many oval races as road courses and had two of my most intense races ever in the Legends.
I've almost got my SR to 4.99 in each now, 4.97 on the road and 4.8 something for ovals but I've been going at it pretty hard compared to some here. Getting to 3.0 is very easy, you have to be doing something majorly wrong to have difficulty making it. It's quite generous too, once your over 3 it doesn't increase so easily.
It's funny in a way, I still push hard in races but I think the SR just makes you that bit more aware and mentally ready to react when something is about to go wrong. If I make a little mistake I'm on to it almost immediately and correct it without losing much time.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Unlike other twats that are leading by a mile only to drop the rear left onto the grass and put Sprint Car drivers to shame trying to save it.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Alrighty - got my road rating to 4.9 and my oval to 4.4 (only took 7 races to get there so really isn't hard to do) so I'm all set for the D License change over. :yes:

Also - I beat Dale Jr tonight at VIR in the Skippies! I started near the front of the grid and he started near the back and we kind of met in the middle - got him by 0.3 seconds in the end haha :D And I thought I was doing bad when I spun near the end and copped 2 inc points - looked at the results and one person got 44!!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I had my first LM race today. got 13 incident points :) 4 werent my fault but I got 3 each time I slapped the outside wall. Was fun tho :tilt:
--------------
Stu
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

If you go up to class D at the end of this season will you be able to j8ump straight in the skippy and race fr points or will you have to get your sr back up to 4.0?
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Fandango wrote:If you go up to class D at the end of this season will you be able to j8ump straight in the skippy and race fr points or will you have to get your sr back up to 4.0?
If you're in class D you'll be eligable to race the skippy the whole season. Licenses are only evaluated at the end of a season so if your SR were to fall really low, you've still got the whole 12 week period to get it back above 3 for the next license.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Righteous wrote:Unlike other twats that are leading by a mile only to drop the rear left onto the grass and put Sprint Car drivers to shame trying to save it.
I guess we all have our special talents :nod: :lol: :D
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

cool... thanks exar
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Wonko

Post by Wonko »

I noticed something yesterday...... it seems you get more SR pts if you race closely (and safely) with another car.

I picked up .08 after having a lonely race with 1x incident then I got .09 for a lonely race with no incidents. I then had an incident free race and spent 10 laps within 10 metres of another car and picked up 0.15......

So racing closely with someone seems to get you more SR pts.....

:)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Wonko wrote:I noticed something yesterday...... it seems you get more SR pts if you race closely (and safely) with another car.

I picked up .08 after having a lonely race with 1x incident then I got .09 for a lonely race with no incidents. I then had an incident free race and spent 10 laps within 10 metres of another car and picked up 0.15......

So racing closely with someone seems to get you more SR pts.....

:)
Yeah, there's got to be something about that. In the race I mentioned above at VIR, I got 2 inc points but still went up 0.15 SR and had much close racing. The other race I did at VIR earlier this week was a really lonely one but I got only 1 inc point and only went up 0.06 SR. Was a bit weird.
brocko

Post by brocko »

I think its got more to do with the strength of the field and who you finish in front off.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

brocko wrote:I think its got more to do with the strength of the field and who you finish in front off.
I thought those applied to the iRating rather than the safety rating?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

That was what i was lead to believe, who knows :D
Hello :aussie:
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Exar Kun wrote: Also - I beat Dale Jr tonight at VIR in the Skippies! I started near the front of the grid and he started near the back and we kind of met in the middle - got him by 0.3 seconds in the end haha :D And I thought I was doing bad when I spun near the end and copped 2 inc points - looked at the results and one person got 44!!
seems like someone else felt the need to tell everyone they beat Jr too. Found this screenie. Go Mick :D

--------------
Stu
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Got my Road to 3.91 :)

Finally was able to have a few clean races. I really like Summit Point :D
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.