Advanced solstice

iRacing
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Advanced solstice

Post by ysu »

I reckon most of us should be above 3 SR now, would you guys like to have some advanced solstice racing in the afternoon/evening?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Bauer

Re: Advanced solstice

Post by Bauer »

LOL above 3 :rofl:

um yeah sure... not :)
--------------
Stu
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah I'm trying to decide if I should jump into the Advanced Solstice now, on the 29th the new Solstice Challenge starts but the Advanced Solstice Challenge is still part way through with them both ending at the same time. Shame the rookie one only uses the same two tracks for the four weeks.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Sarsippius wrote:Yeah I'm trying to decide if I should jump into the Advanced Solstice now, on the 29th the new Solstice Challenge starts but the Advanced Solstice Challenge is still part way through with them both ending at the same time. Shame the rookie one only uses the same two tracks for the four weeks.
You can do both at the same time, just jump in. Being able to do all series at the same time fixes the lack of variety in the rookie series :)

You'll have more chance of racing with each other in the advanced solstice as well because there will be less people doing the races.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah I think tomorrow when the tracks change I'll just start racing the advanced one, then once that's finished I'll probably look to get the skippy.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This weeks advanced solstice track is worth skipping anyway :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Darren, are the settings of the car assimetric, or it's the current value based on how the car sits on the road? I've checked the min/max camber and both the min and max values differ by the same amount to the same direction....fishy.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It's dynamic, so if you have your wheel turned, you'll be seeing the effects of caster. Always make sure you have your wheel centered when changing your setup :)

Also, when you change something and you see asterisks next to other parameters, it means that those other parameters will be affected by the change you made. You have to click Apply to see it how they've changed.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ok thanks! It's just it was strange that maxed out camber on rear showed as -2.2 / -1.8 ...and i was thinking WTF, is it an oval car setup? :D Wheel was centered.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Is anyone else racing the Advanced yet? I'm sure most here have reached 3.0 already so come on and help get some more numbers going. It's definitely nicer to drive, a couple sets for laguna have been posted
http://members.iracing.com/iforum/threa ... 3&tstart=0
http://members.iracing.com/iforum/threa ... 9&tstart=0
I expect to be racing in the 9PM melb time race each night this week, hope to see some of you blokes there :driver:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I'm not sure how many people are above 3 at the moment. I wish I was but as of yet I haven't been able to apply myself for a couple of hours to get it moving along.

What is the quickest way to get your rating up? Time trial, qual or race? Or is just matter of doing anyone of those incident free? I'm close on the oval but I am still on 2.54 for road.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Race will get you there quicker because they count more. Time trials are probably safest because you are alone on the track :)

Just do time trials between the races and you'll go up quickly :)
thornz

Post by thornz »

Races are by far the fastest, then qualifying, then time trials. Best way to do it is in between races, just do a qually and a time trial session, drive the full sessions just lapping round, kinda boring, but probably worth it to get up to being able to race the Skip and whatever else you want to race. I had a couple of days where I was bored, so got just did heaps of laps to get up into the fours.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Laps in qualifying and time trials count the same, as you say just run laps for the whole 30 mins.

In the solstice though, I'd recommend a break for new tyres 1/2 way through (esp. at Lime Rock) because they won't last the whole session :)
thornz

Post by thornz »

DarrenM wrote:Laps in qualifying and time trials count the same, as you say just run laps for the whole 30 mins.

In the solstice though, I'd recommend a break for new tyres 1/2 way through (esp. at Lime Rock) because they won't last the whole session :)
Hey Darren, are you sure about that? For some reason I am sure I saw a table that stated that time trials were worth 0.35, and qually (on road circuits) was 0.5.?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

It'll be a while before I get to 3.0 too. How much better/quicker is the advanced solstice? Did a time trial last night and got down to a 1:49.3. I saw people doing low 48s earlier so I assume the aliens are well into the 46s or 47s?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

DarrenM wrote:It's dynamic, so if you have your wheel turned, you'll be seeing the effects of caster. Always make sure you have your wheel centered when changing your setup :)

Also, when you change something and you see asterisks next to other parameters, it means that those other parameters will be affected by the change you made. You have to click Apply to see it how they've changed.
Ahhhhhhh :rofl: i wondered what the hell was going on with that! lol
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

thornz wrote:Hey Darren, are you sure about that? For some reason I am sure I saw a table that stated that time trials were worth 0.35, and qually (on road circuits) was 0.5.?
You're right. I had another look at the sporting code and it's 0.5 for road qualifying :)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

No worries guys, I figured if I was almost at 4.0 then surely most of you would be at 3.0 by now.
Exar Kun wrote:How much better/quicker is the advanced solstice? Did a time trial last night and got down to a 1:49.3. I saw people doing low 48s earlier so I assume the aliens are well into the 46s or 47s?
I'm not sure if it really is that much quicker, judging by the qual stats from this week it's 01:47.501 vs 01:47.090. It mainly seems more responsive, none of the understeer on turn in of the rookie.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I finally had a go at this. Did a qually lap of 1:48.5 which is a fair bit quicker than the regular Solstice. It's just so much easier to drive - actually goes where you point it for the most part and doesn't fly off the track in a huge pile of understeer.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Just had a cracker of a race in this car - down to a 48.4 and no incidents. Way easier to keep control of.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Yeah I managed a 48.6 in qual. Just starting to get the hang of it.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

dammit, by the time I'm back I'll have a lot of catching up to do :(
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

heheh, apparently some more invites have gone out today.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im yet to get one =(