What's your Goal in iRacing?

iRacing

What do you want out of iRacing?

Run at the very highest level possible?
9%
Enjoy the racing regardless of where your rating takes you?
39%
Just get your rating high enough to enjoy some variety?
52%

Total votes: 23

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

What's your Goal in iRacing?

Post by Righteous »

Having done a bit of reading through the different forums I am curious about what goals people have for iRacing?

Due to the fact that everyone will eventually be placed in races with similarly skilled people, where would you like that place to be? If it were a couple of years back when I had all the time in the world to sim race, I probably would have aimed for the top but seeing that I don't have that luxury anymore, I think I will be happy just to enjoy the racing.

The only thing I don't want is to be limited by my licence. I will do all that I can to make sure that my licence allows me to race in whatever car I feel like.
Last edited by Righteous on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: What's your Goal in iRacing?

Post by Exar Kun »

Same deal here. I just want to get to a level where I can race what I want to race.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Same, I just want to be high enough in rating to get a nice variety of cars and have fun racing, like I've always done really.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Main thing for me is having fun, dont wanna pay money each month for something i dont enjoy. But at the same time wanna have my license high enought that I can race in whatever I want.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

If I end up getting iRacing my goal would be to run at the highest level. I'm very competitive in everything I do, especially racing. Even if I do go in there to have fun, I'd end up wanting to be the fastest.. it's just the way I am :/
in saying that though, when I'm up the front I'm having the most fun, so I guess it's a bit of both :)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

If I was really honest with myself I would say that I want to be the fastest but it ain't going to happen. Having said that, I would still like to be known as one of the faster guys. I enjoy winning too, but I have convinced myself that that's not all I need to have fun. Otherwise I won't get any enjoyment out of it. :)
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

That's what I still have to convince myself aswell in gaming hehe.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think in iRAcing you'll be convinced of that quickly. Some guys here are already in FTL mode (faster-than-light).
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'd like to just slowly progress up the various series, aiming to do as well as I can but not like some who will run one race with one win each week just to be at the top of the ladder. I'll take the good races with the bad and let it even itself out.