Re: iRacing Chat

Post by DUcK »

who's that? :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

DUcK wrote:who's that? :)
LOL - haven't been out of the LFS world before? Pretty much the quickest guy on the planet on road courses. Not too shabby on ovals either. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Yeah basically, well I haven't been in any world really. Try to stay away from most of that stuff.
Haven't heard of him before, I'll keep an eye out for him :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

:rofl:

Has anyone had a look at Huttu's stats on road courses lately?

Races run: 28
Top 5s: 28
Wins: 28
Poles: 28
Laps run: 522
Laps led: 522

There is one glimmer of hope - his average inc points per race is 0.04. Which means that somewhere, sometime he has put a wheel off the track at least once!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Speed

Post by Speed »

Haha, the guy is a machine. :nod:
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

He is an "AI" , developed from GPL, and is now well embedded into the coding of iRacing. There is no physical being of Huttu. Kraemer is indeed very proud of his "AI", Huttu is the pinnacle of computer coding. ;)
balls & boobs. . .
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Speed

Post by Speed »

Haha

Checkout this thread, funniest that I've read in a while. http://members.iracing.com/iforum/threa ... 0&tstart=0
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Boooo, can't read funny. :(

Not a member...
:teach:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

VTRacing wrote:Boooo, can't read funny. :(

Not a member...
Basically has a theory about iRatings and Greger Huttu. Something along the lines of, since there is a finite amount of iRating points given a consistent number of members, and Huttu wins every single race he enters, then as time gets closer to infinity then the amount of points Huttu has draws closer to infinity whilst everyone elses draw closer to zero. There's some nice maths in there and everything. :tilt:
thornz

Post by thornz »

WOW,

just had the best race ever!!
VIR East in the skip barber, absolutely incredible, no more than a second between me and the car I was battling for the whole race, nose to tail, wheel to wheel for about for half of it, I had almost forgot why I liked sim racing, and then you get a battle like that, and I'm still shaking now, what a buzz!
Ended up finishing second after making one mistake to many and running wide at the oak tree, but yeah, I'm in love with sim racing all over again :D

If this is what Iracing is going to consistently bring to the table, well I dont think you can really put a price on that! Just phenomenal!
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

nice work thornz! yeah I agree iRacing has awesome racing.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Just had my first prac session in the Skippy at VIR East.

WOW What a track :D

Had no problems remembering VIR from my GPL days so it was just a matter of learning the 2 main twisty sections in the infield, dam that infield section is FUN!!!

Well i completed 5 laps before i put the car away in the garage with only two off track excursions and a 3:05,5 PB :)
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Just did the same knapp and man it is a crazy little car compared to the solstice. Out of control! VIR seems like it'll be a lot of fun too :D
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Just had a cracker of a race with Sars (although didn't recognise the name hehe) and another dude at VIR. We weren't any further apart than a couple of seconds for the entire race. The leader skipped away doing 2:57s but the battle for second was pretty intense. Everyone made mistakes but I eventually came through in 2nd with Sars right on my tail and the other dude a couple of seconds back. Such an awesome rythmn track. Once you get into it the car feels really hooked up and it's only when you're nervous as shit that you have to tip toe around anywhere :D
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah that was a great race, I had a second or two on you guys most of the way and lost it all in one go when I buggered up Oak Tree turn. The other guy was a bit reckless rejoining the track after going off just up over the hill there, probably why you and I made contact. I thought I must have had some damage as I just went straight on into the esses but luckily kept it together and was ok from then on. I was trying so hard to chase you down Mick :D I was a little shocked to get that 58 on the last lap but as you say you get it all hooked up and it just seems to come. I'm still half shitting myself through that final turn on every lap, one small misstep in this car and you're gone.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, was a bit a bad place for that dude to rejoin - especially coming back onto the line like that.

Just did a time trial then and my 3 lap average was 2:58.8 :D So much easier to put in the times with no other cars around hehe.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Anyone seen this page. http://www.iracing.com/carsTracks/tracks.php?lc=2
Could be seriously expensive to buy all the tracks in the pipeline.

While you're on that page checkout the upcoming cars..........oh yeah. :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

they nearly have a full nascar schedual there
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

My only disappointment with the list is the strong American bias, but that is to be expected I guess, whole lot cheaper to cover tracks on home soil than it is to go international.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'm really looking forward to seeing Long Beach in iRacing (hopefully coincides with the DP01!). Some more Euro tracks and, of course, a couple of the top Aussie ones like PI and the Mountain would be sweet too though.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

what we like bears little significance here I reckon, there's only a handful of australian drivers by all means. More likely we'll see some european tracks, the world class ones.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Jeebus the skippy is crazy... as is VIR! I think this will be the LX6 of LFS for me in that it'll teach me to drive better. Just watched this video... check it out... he's insane!

http://bluerocketmotorsports.com/JP_2_56_2_VIR_GE.wmv
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Fandango wrote:Jeebus the skippy is crazy... as is VIR! I think this will be the LX6 of LFS for me in that it'll teach me to drive better. Just watched this video... check it out... he's insane!

http://bluerocketmotorsports.com/JP_2_56_2_VIR_GE.wmv
I've done a 2:58.5 which is obviously 2 seconds slower than that but Huttu is into the 2:54s...
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Yeah i'd read that actually. He's a robot though