iRacing Chat

iRacing
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Re: iRacing Chat

Post by Hz-Lab »

Fandango wrote:Jeebus slow down duck lol!

I'm with you speed. I'm gunna try spend some time on the weekend getting both road and oval up but only oval to 3.0. Can't afford them anyway but I'd spend money on a radical before LM.
What SR do you have to get to to jump straight to C class? And will there be a Radical series next month or not till next season. I should go look at the official site lol.
you won't get in the radical for races for a little while fandsy, a D License won't get you in one.

ok, I'm gonna jump in for some LM practice at 10:50 GMT. which is 8:20 SA time, and something else mexican time.. lol

Be good if a couple of you guys can join in, i'm a little hesitant to run a race in these things til i get some praccy with other cars.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Fandango wrote: I'm with you speed. I'm gunna try spend some time on the weekend getting both road and oval up but only oval to 3.0. Can't afford them anyway but I'd spend money on a radical before LM.
What SR do you have to get to to jump straight to C class? And will there be a Radical series next month or not till next season. I should go look at the official site lol.
I may have this all wrong but I'm hoping that a "D" licence with a SR of 4.0 will allow me to race the "C" licence cars.
From what I've read your SR goes down by 1.0 when you grade up, so if you have a rating of 4.99 at the end of the month it would only take 1 session without incidents to get back up to around 4.4 enabling you to race "C" licence cars.

I must stress that I am only assuming (edit- or hoping) this, I've not actually read it anywhere. :)

Oh yeah I had a race a couple of hours ago one of the drivers being Dale Jr.
7 of the 9 drivers were Americans.......4:00 in the morning there. :) Serious addiction. :)
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Speed wrote:
Fandango wrote: I'm with you speed. I'm gunna try spend some time on the weekend getting both road and oval up but only oval to 3.0. Can't afford them anyway but I'd spend money on a radical before LM.
I may have this all wrong but I'm hoping that a "D" licence with a SR of 4.0 will allow me to race the "C" licence cars.
From what I've read your SR goes down by 1.0 when you grade up, so if you have a rating of 4.99 at the end of the month it would only take 1 session without incidents to get back up to around 4.4 enabling you to race "C" licence cars.

I must stress that I am only assuming (edit- or hoping) this, I've not actually read it anywhere. :)

Oh yeah I had a race a couple of hours ago one of the drivers being Dale Jr.
7 of the 9 drivers were Americans.......4:00 in the morning there. :) Serious addiction. :)

Problem would be ou could get up to 4.4 in class D but you would have to wait until the next season is over to go up to C as far as I can see it. Unless you can get your rookie up enough that it skips D qand straight toC next month... or is this not possible. (either way I'm not too fased... I think i'll be happy to race skippy for the next season anyway.)
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Speed

Post by Speed »

Fandango wrote:[
Problem would be ou could get up to 4.4 in class D but you would have to wait until the next season is over to go up to C as far as I can see it. Unless you can get your rookie up enough that it skips D qand straight toC next month... or is this not possible. (either way I'm not too fased... I think i'll be happy to race skippy for the next season anyway.)
You definitely won't go straight from rookie to "C".
I'm just hoping that if you have a high enough SR you might be able to race up a class.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

1.48.66 on the rookie and 1.47.77 on the advanced now, should be able to go a fair bit faster in each as well.
:D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

He he, kicking my ass. Maybe I will have some more pace when we return to Laguna.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Ya, well each day I've gotten quicker. The 48.6 was in a race by the way on the 6th lap or something hehe.
Every lap I'm learning more about the track. Figured out how to brake at the white line at turn 1 (or 2 as they say it is) at the '3' marker.
What I'm saying is each time I've returned I've gone faster... So don't return Righty - you'll go faster :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

ok, Late models at SoBo, my 1st race in them, 50 laps somehow controlling a very taily beast, somehow sneaking up the field to claim 3rd (the odd accident helped) and then having a good 8 or 9 lap battle with Qman which i really had to fight for the position in, Side by side, absolutely shitting myself, i didn't blink for half the race...

This, is what i paid for... fucking AWESOME.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

LOL, I am more familiar with the car after summit point, I am in mid 8's at the moment, I'm hoping for 7's next time. We'll see.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

good shit Hertz, that sounds awesome man :D

ED: I haven't tried Summit Point yet righty, thought it was an oval track haha. I might check it out :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Hz-Lab wrote:ok, Late models at SoBo, my 1st race in them, 50 laps somehow controlling a very taily beast, somehow sneaking up the field to claim 3rd (the odd accident helped) and then having a good 8 or 9 lap battle with Qman which i really had to fight for the position in, Side by side, absolutely shitting myself, i didn't blink for half the race...

This, is what i paid for... fucking AWESOME.
Good race, for a while :P I loosened the set up more, i need to have it rotate through the centre more, and other than loosening it up, i havent a clue as to how.

It was veryt average race. smacked the wall hard 4 times for 3x each :\
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Yeah, I tried a massive dooorifto out of turn 2 I think, missed the wall on the inside but got collected. Whoops. Hertz, I think you are enjoying yourself? Plenty of ARSE in that last race :)
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Would have been ARSE's infront and behind!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

hehe, tis awesome, Neil, i was struggling with that set until about mid race, where i started to just dab the brake just the tiniest mid corner, was getting me around it easier, and all of a sudden dropped .100 off my lap times. I was stuck a good 5 or 6 car lengths behind Qman until i started doin that, then caught up quick.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

yeah, that was brilliant fun! so immersive... I was trying so hard to keep one of the yanks behind me, he got the shits I think! I need to sort out my smokin' right side tyres, they are letting me down when I need them the most, near the end of the race... Nice finish Kyle, that was intense.!
balls & boobs. . .
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

I reckon there's a whole heap of iRacing admins logging on as "Dale Jr" so people will say, "I raced against Dale Jr the other night etc...."

I just can't imagine a full-time race driver being online quite so much.
:teach:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i just had a race against him then to. he was pretty crap tbh, well in this race, in the advanced solstice.

he got spun a few times then later, some guy spun infront of me, i avoided, so did jr, but someone went between us both and caused big crash
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I got my years subscription, and the rest of the tracks i need for the late model series coming up :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

The one race I had, it was definitely him as he stayed back and chatted to some peeps. Sounds like the same thick yanky accent as when he is on the tube.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

also .. its not the weekend so there is plenty of down time, Eg, take a look at DUck and Arrow
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Just went testing quickly before the race (which is starting now :p ) did a 1.48.41 in the rookie solstice :D
Arrow's guna hate me :)

That race, did a few 6's and a 4... then I got a puncture! Won't be surprised if my SR goes down now, that race was terrible :D
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

wobblysauce wrote:also .. its not the weekend so there is plenty of down time, Eg, take a look at DUck and Arrow
How do you mean by that?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

well you race *cough* every other weekend in RL
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Yeah, not much any more though. I got out of karts to go into something better :)
Anyway.. Another PB, 1.48.12 on the last lap :p got a bad run out of last turn though. Hit the green stuff on the exit and had to back off :( I think 47's are quite possible with this.. :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

DUcK wrote:Yeah, not much any more though. I got out of karts to go into something better :)
Anyway.. Another PB, 1.48.12 on the last lap :p got a bad run out of last turn though. Hit the green stuff on the exit and had to back off :( I think 47's are quite possible with this.. :)
Still got a bit to catch ol' Greger Huttu though dude. :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"