iRacing Chat

iRacing
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: iRacing Chat

Post by nutty »

Duke wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:36 pm I'll believe it when I see it, Aprils Fools or not. :p

Then watch the Forums explode as bad drivers become even worse. :driver:
haha true

We did the Sebring 12 hour on the weekend, I think we lucked into a decent split bringing our LMP2 car home in P2, but god damm there was some shocking stuff on twitch.. that top split race was a nightmare
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Interesting Post https://forums.iracing.com/discussion/4 ... refresh/p1
Good day,

On February 3rd of this year I posted a development update to members. One of the main focuses of that update was to address concerns related to the state of oval dirt racing and oval pavement racing. I mentioned that we formed a team focused on tackling these issues head-on, beginning with dirt, and we have internally been referring to these efforts as “dirt racing refresh” and “oval racing refresh”. It actually is more than just a refresh, but we didn’t want to call it overhaul either, because that is also not the case. It has been a couple of months since the previous update and we are now cautiously optimistic that Dirt Refresh will ship in June, so I wanted to provide more details on what to expect.

Dirt Racing Refresh:

Tracks:

We updated the water content of the soil resulting in a greater difference in soil strength between “fresh” and “dry.” This results in a bigger variation between driving on the ‘fresh or tacky’ part of the track vs the ‘dry or slick’.
We updated the relationship of the dirt surface and the tire allowing for a more “in the track” feel.
We updated variation in track wear / track prep. There is a larger gap between low track wear and a lot of track wear as a result of laps being run.
We added track bumps through dirt and water variation. This adds a layer of variation in track prep session to session. Some races may have a smooth surface (think what is on members now) and some races may have a more rigid and bumpy surface. Bumpiness may vary session to session and change slightly throughout the track wearing process.
We added water variation scaling. This is another variable that may be noticed session to session. Think of a water truck watering the track. The higher parts of the track may be drier than the lower parts due to gravity and the water seeping to the bottom. For example, the top of the track may be drier than before and the bottom may be wetter. The water truck is not a perfect science so it may vary in how dry or wet specific parts of the track are race to race.
Vehicles:

Every oval car that races on dirt was tuned either through tires, physics, or both. This includes Stock Cars (Current NASCAR Cup Cars, NASCAR Trucks, ARCA Menards Impala) and as a bonus also includes the Off-Road Trucks (Pro 4, Pro 2, Pro 2 Lite)
Tire wear was introduced to the Dirt tire model, and independently tuned per vehicle. Whether a 75 lap super late model race or a 30 lap 360 sprint car race, paying attention to your race length and tires will be important.
Some vehicles received sound improvements and updates.
New Damage Model Enabled:

Super Late Model
Pro Late Model
Limited Late Model
New features:

The ability for Hosted Racing hosts to disable the virtual mirror for their session.
Bug Fixes:

A handful of dirt tracks had dark seams around their perimeter. This was visual only and did not affect the physics. This has been fixed.
Remote car wheels could seem to twitch oddly. This has been fixed.
Certain tracks did not have collisions applied to their catch fencing. This has been fixed.
Rebuilding DTI data to fix odd cushions at certain tracks.
And more…
While it won’t make our “Refresh” release, dirt AI is also in the works, although there are technical hurdles we still need to overcome before we’re ready to make it available.

As I mentioned last time, work is underway on an Oval Refresh as well. This project has similar goals to those achieved with the Dirt Refresh: a thorough assessment and tuning of all systems that combine to create the oval racing experience, in particular dynamic track and its impact on multigroove. Progress is also being made generally in regard to tires and the model.

We are also making significant progress on our new weather system along with rain and are still hoping to release these features later this year. This will bolster our service as a whole but more directly impact the road racing side of things. We also have several exciting tracks in our pipeline including we are doing a little tour of Italy this week, scanning Misano as well as Mugello. (I don’t think I mentioned Mugello in my last post.) As usual, plenty more in the works, but I wanted to simply focus on the dirt racing refresh with this update.

New dirt content will also be arriving later this year with the release of Kern County. Kern features both a dirt oval and half-mile pavement oval on the property, and the iRacing release will include both of them.

We are really excited about the results of these efforts, and our testing team has enjoyed the improved raceability of the cars and enhanced track dynamics. Thanks for your patience throughout this process, and know that we hear you and are working hard every day to improve the iRacing experience across our many racing categories and sim systems.

As always, thanks for being members and good racing!!!!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

No rain in Jul release = Phew!!!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Good for us old timers
Member since 2008-07-11
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks iRacing!!! :D

I still haven't reached 10yrs to get my LSL... :p
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Trading paints was hacked apparently. Hope it doesnt mean bad shit for you guys. \
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks Norbs, single use pw everywhere for me so just updated my TP one just it in case.
Dukester

pab

Post by pab »

Thanks Norbs, have updated my TP password.

On the positive side (for me at least), they ran a comp over the last few weeks, with 4 race weeks with cars and tracks that were there at launch. Anyone who ran at least one race each week went into the draw. I ran one race each week, and was one of the 15 winners.

I now have just over $1000 USD in credits in my account :D
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

ahah wow! amazing
pab

Post by pab »

Yeah, crazy seeing that $1015 credits on the UI :)
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

That's friggin awesome, congrats pab
Dukester

petey

Post by petey »

Changing your password there, now, doesn't save you if they grabbed it and you use it elsewhere. It means you need to change your password everywhere else.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

As depressing as it is, this is a help.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

norbs wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:48 am As depressing as it is, this is a help.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
If you have a Firefox account you can ask them to monitor your email address and let you know if it's found in a data breach. I don't know whether it includes smaller scale things like this but worth doing anyway I reckon.

https://monitor.firefox.com/
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The Ring Meister series also returns & along the same lines comes the new Draft Master series. :yes:
With the overwhelmingly positive reception of the Ring Meister series, iRacing is continuing and expanding the format for Season 4, 2023. Alongside it will be an additional concept that changes cars on a weekly basis; Draft Master.

Draft Master will feature short format sprint races on both Daytona and Talladega. Each week will showcase a different class of cars in ranked races with both iRating and Safety Rating on the line. These 18-20 lap races (18 for Talladega and 20 for Daytona) will not have cautions. The schedule is as follows:

Draft Master Cars Track
Week 1 NASCAR Truck Series Daytona
Week 2 [Legacy] NASCAR Cup Chevrolet Impala COT – 2009 Daytona
Week 3 NASCAR Xfinity Series Daytona
Week 4 NASCAR Classic 1987 Daytona
Week 5 Gen 4 Cup Daytona
Week 6 NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Daytona
Week 7 NASCAR Truck Series Talladega
Week 8 [Legacy] NASCAR Cup Chevrolet Impala COT – 2009 Talladega
Week 9 NASCAR Xfinity Series Talladega
Week 10 NASCAR Classic 1987 Talladega
Week 11 Gen 4 Cup Talladega
Week 12 NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Talladega

The Ricmotech Ring Meister Series is also back and will again see a mix of entry and professional-level road racing cars, ranging from top-of-the-line GT3 cars to fan favorites.The 12 cars tentatively slated are as follows (subject to change):

Ring Meister 2023
Week 1 Ford FR500
Week 2 BMW M4 GT3
Week 3 Spec Racer
Week 4 Street Stock
Week 5 Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
Week 6 Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Week 7 VW Jetta
Week 8 Radical SR10
Week 9 Porsche 911 RSR GTE
Week 10 Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020
Week 11 Toyota GR86
Week 12 Lotus 49
Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

That draft master will be insane.. im in on it haha
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The first one is a surprise to me...

Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

The iRacing 2023 Season 4 Release is here! This release contains a boot-load of both content and upgrades for 2023 Season 4, which officially starts on September 12th at 0000 UTC! The iRacing garage expands by FIVE bays to include: Acura ARX-06 GTP, Ferrari 296 GT3, NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987, Porsche 963 GTP, and Super Formula SF23. In addition, the iRacing map plants TWO new flags and updates a long-awaited third to include: Circuit de Lédenon, Kern County Raceway Park (Asphalt Track, Dirt Track, Legends, and Dirt Mini Oval), and a complete rebuild of Circuit Zandvoort using 2023 data (Grand Prix, Grand Prix w/ Chicane, Nationaal, and Oostelijk).

Our senior software engineers have continued their mission to squeeze every bit of optimization they can into the Simulator, and have further improved load times from last season as well as reduced the memory required to run iRacing. This has enabled us to allow up to TWELVE different car models to be in the same Session at a time without disrupting performance. Our Spotter system has also continued training from the previous season, and is ready to assist you with a variety of new calls, including: incidents or off-track events are ahead or behind you, reporting on damage taken and repair time estimates, reporting on the Strength of Field for the Session, and warning you when you’re on your last laps or time is running out for the event. A brand new audio feature has been added which can simulate the driver wearing ear protection or the effect of a helmet, adding to the immersion on-track. The Results page has received an overhaul for improved usability, including a fully featured “Find Past Results” button, which provides a bevy of selectable fields and filters to help you find exactly the sessions you want to see.

The New Damage Model has been put into practice on ALL FIVE brand new car models, and it has also been enabled for SEVEN existing car models. Our artificial intelligence trainers have given the green flag for ALL FIVE brand new car models, and for THREE existing car models, as well as all SEVEN non-dirt new race track configs, and ELEVEN existing race track configs. We have also added brand new top-notch vehicle setups for nearly every car in the service. Welcome to iRacing 2023 Season 4!

Season highlights include:

Acura ARX-06 GTP
Ferrari 296 GT3
NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987
Porsche 963 GTP
Super Formula SF23
Circuit de Lédenon
Kern County Raceway Park (Asphalt Track, Dirt Track, Legends, and Dirt Mini Oval)
Circuit Zandvoort, 2023 rescan and full update (Grand Prix, Grand Prix w/ Chicane, Nationaal, and Oostelijk)
SIM Optimizations (Improved loading times, & reduced memory usage footprint)
Ability to load 12 car models per Session
Additional Spotter Calls (Incidents & off-track ahead/behind, damage report, time/laps remaining, and Strength of Field report)
Driver Audio Filters (ear protection and helmet effects)
Results Page overhaul and Search function
New Damage Model for 12 vehicle models [Acura ARX-06 GTP, Dirt UMP Modified, Ferrari 296 GT3, Ford Mustang FR500S, Modified - SK / NASCAR Whelen Tour Modified (both models), NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987, NASCAR Xfinity Class Cars (all 3 models), Porsche 963 GTP, and Super Formula SF23]
AI Racing for 8 vehicle models [Acura ARX-06 GTP, ARCA Menards Chevy / Gen 4 Cup (Gen 4 Cup Car), Audi 90 GTO, Ferrari 296 GT3, NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987, Nissan GTP ZXT, Porsche 963 GTP, Super Formula SF23]
AI Racing at 18 track configurations [Circuit de Lédenon, Circuit Zandvoort (ALL 4 Configs), Kern County Raceway Park (Asphalt Oval & Legends), The Milwaukee Mile, Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke (Grand Prix w/out Arena, Kurzanbindung w/out Arena, Sprintstrecke), Road Atlanta (Club, Short), and [Legacy] Silverstone Circuit - 2008 (ALL 5 Configs)]
Hundreds of professionally crafted iRacing vehicle setups

Visit our 2023 Season 4 features page here: https://www.iracing.com/seasons/2023-s4/

Full 2023 Season 4 Release details are below.

iRACING UI:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Launching
A "Couldn't Connect" message will now be displayed at the Splash Screen if a user fails to reach the application or it was not reachable, instead of getting stuck on the Splash Screen.

Create a Race
The maximum number of different car models selectable for a Hosted Session has been increased to 12!

Results & Stats
The Results page has received an overhaul for improved usability.
- - The Results page now includes a fully featured “Find Past Results” button, which opens a modal window with several selectable fields and filters to help you find exactly the sessions you want to see.
- - - - For Official Racing, you can search and filter by participant type (Yourself, Friends, Follows, or Driver search), Date Ranges, specific Season(s) or Week(s), License Type, and Session Type (Race, Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial).
- - - - For Hosted Racing, you can search and filter by Participant Name, Session Name, Host Name, or Team Name, Date Range, License Type, Car, Track, and config.
- - - - Oh, and you can still search by valid Subsession ID if you want pinpoint precision.
- - The Results page now includes two tabs, one for Official Racing and one for Hosted Racing to help divide the displayed results.

Paint Shop
New sponsors have been added to the Paint Shop!
- - ImSim
- - Sim-Motion

SIMULATION:

Payments
Effective September 5, 2023, in order to simplify and streamline payment options, PaymentWall is no longer a payment option for iRacing.
- - For more information on our payment options that are available, please visit https://www.iracing.com/resources/accep ... t-methods/

Updater
Fixed an issue that could occur with the installation of the EasyAntiCheat (EAC) cheat prevention software if another game on the user’s system already had installed a version of the EAC software.

Official Series Schedule
The schedule PDF now notes whether penalties or disqualification for too many incidents is in effect for the series, and the incident count thresholds.

Optimization
The entire memory allocation system for iRacing has been analyzed and optimized, for improved loading times, and faster processing speeds.
The worker processing thread pool allocation algorithms for all types of hardware have been improved, especially those of Enki worker threads.
- - This replaces some temporary fixes that were aimed exclusively at hybrid CPUs.
Improvements have been made to the methods by which the iRacing Deferred Rendering Lists are generated and sorted, yielding some modest CPU render time improvements.
The memory footprint requirements for audio files has been reduced by over 65% while maintaining audio fidelity.
Track reference lines for each car class within a Session are now loaded synchronously instead of sequentially. This improves track loading times for multiclass Sessions by a factor based on the number of car classes in use.

Fixed a Simulator crash that could occur during the loading transition from an Open Practice to a Race Session.

Cars
The methodology for processing anti-lock braking systems in the Simulation has been updated.

Tires
Rolling drag has been rebalanced for off-track surfaces.
- - This change should provide a much more realistic experience for grip and momentum when driving on grass, sand, gravel, grass-crete, and other off-track surfaces.

Race Control
Several penalties have been changed from Stop-and-Go penalties to Drive-Through penalties.
- - Minor Pit Exit Checkpoint failure penalties are now drive-through penalties.
- - Pass Inside penalties are now drive-through penalties.
- - The Jump Start rule for standing starts has been updated to begin as a drive-through penalty for a minor offense, but can be upgraded to a stop-and-hold penalty for a major offense.

Dirt Racing
An expansive round of fine-tuning has been completed for Dirt Racing as a follow-up to the 2023 Season 3 Dirt Refresh project. These changes include:
- - The variability for the starting dirt track state has been increased. This includes variance in dirt heights, density, and water content.
- - The dirt track surface wear rate has increased slightly.
- - Improved the tracking and recalculating of the dynamic track based around dirt that is thrown around the track from tires. This should slightly increase the wetness of areas as more dirt is added.
- - Dirt coloring has been updated slightly based on water content.
World of Outlaws 2023 contingency decal packages have been updated for the associated vehicles.

AI Racing
AI Drivers have earned their licenses to pilot the following new vehicles:
- - Acura ARX-06 GTP
- - ARCA Menards Chevy / Gen 4 Cup - (Gen 4 Cup)
- - Audi 90 GTO
- - Ferrari 296 GT3
- - NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987
- - Nissan GTP ZXT
- - Porsche 963 GTP
- - Super Formula SF23
AI Drivers have mastered the following new track configurations:
- - Circuit de Lédenon
- - Circuit Zandvoort - (Grand Prix, Grand Prix w/ Chicane, Nationaal, & Oostelijk)
- - Kern County Raceway Park - (Asphalt Track, & Legends)
- - The Milwaukee Mile
- - Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - (Grand Prix w/out Arena, & Kurzanbindung w/out Arena, & Sprintstrecke)
- - Road Atlanta - (Club & Short)
- - [Legacy] Silverstone Circuit - 2008 - ALL FIVE Configs! (Grand Prix, Historical Grand Prix, International, National, & Southern)
AI Drivers have improved their racing skills with the following content:
- - BMW M Hybrid V8
- - Cadillac V-Series.R GTP
- - Lotus 79
- - Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo 2020
- - Brands Hatch Circuit
AI Drivers were able to pursue self-led learning for their Summer 2023 course catalog. Some courses and materials they chose to complete included:
- - Adversarial Racing Networks in Competitive Environments
- - Virtual Pit Crew Manager ‘23
- - [PSY-303] The Psychology of Machine Behavior Under Pressure
- - How To Mimic Human Racing Intuition through Neuromorphic Adoption
- - Circuit Intelligence - AI Strategies for Every Turn
- - Forecasting for Improved Performance with Lap Time Prediction Models
- - Sensors & Sensibility by Jane Automaton
- - AI Racecraft 101: Navigating Complex Racing Scenarios and Cones
Fixed an issue that could occur in which an AI Driver recovering from an off-track event could cause a player driver to crash-to-desktop. The ultimate form of revenge!

Qualification Scrutiny
The Qualification Scrutiny system has been updated to prevent drivers from driving into the pits during Qualifying to gain an unfair advantage.
The Qualification Scrutiny officials are now able to detect attempts to adjust qualifying time by traveling in reverse in the pit lane.

Spotter
A variety of brand new spotter messages have been added to the default iRacing spotter functionality! These include the following:
- - INCIDENT OR OFF-TRACK: Your spotter will tell you when an incident has occurred nearby, or a car has gone off-track nearby.
- - - - These new spotter calls only trigger for asphalt Road racing.
- - - - These new spotter calls only trigger if the offending car is at a delta between 0 and 5 seconds ahead of you, or is within 3 seconds behind you, or is the race leader for your class.
- - - - Only 2x or greater Incidents are reported, and if multiple issues occur at nearly the same time, these new spotter calls only inform you of the largest offense.
- - - - Only one of these messages can trigger every 10 seconds.
- - - - These spotter calls do not trigger if you are in the pits.
- - DAMAGE AND REPAIRS: Your spotter will tell you about the type of damage you have sustained and how your team will be able to address it.
- - - - While towing, your spotter will share information about Optional and Required Repair times.
- - - - Your spotter will also inform you about predicted remaining damage (if any) after repairs are complete.
- - - - While repairs are ongoing, your spotter will inform you when you have 30 seconds of repair time remaining.
- - - - If you received race-ending damage that cannot be repaired, your spotter will also unfortunately inform you of this.
- - - - You can request your crew chief tell you your current damage level by using a new Spotter Damage Report keybind.
- - RACE ENDING SOON: Your spotter will tell you when there is either 5 laps or 10 minutes remaining in the Session, whichever comes first.
- - - - This call does not trigger if the event is less than 20 minutes or 10 laps in length.
- - STRENGTH OF FIELD: At the start of an event, your spotter will provide you with insight based on the calculated strength of field for your car class.
A variety of new entries have been added to the “app.ini” file to control if some of the new Spotter messages will play for you, and/or certain parameters such as intervals and decimal accuracy.
- - The default state for all new spotter calls is “ON”. You will need to launch the Simulator once after updating before these entries will appear for you and may be customized.

Spotter - Foreign Language Packs
The Italian Marco Arcidiacono spotter pack has been updated.
- - Grazie mille, Marco!
The Italian Renzo A Olivieri Spotter pack has been updated.
- - Grazie mille, Renzo!
The Spanish Ari Cejas Spotter pack has been updated.
- - Additionally, the feminine form of this pack has been removed, and it has been made gender neutral.
- - Muchas gracias, Ari!

Pit Stop
Fixed an issue where the Fuel Fill checkbox did not respect the “autoResetPitBox” value set in the “app.ini” file.

Auto Fuel System
Fixed an issue where the Auto Fuel System could sometimes fail to calculate the correct fuel needed to finish the race in situations where the player is multiple laps down and would not be able to finish the full race lap count.

New Damage Model
The New Damage Model has been enabled for 13 new vehicle models!
- - Acura ARX-06 GTP
- - Dirt UMP Modified
- - Ferrari 296 GT3
- - Ford Mustang FR500S
- - Modified - SK / NASCAR Whelen Tour Modified (Modified - SK, & NASCAR Whelen Tour Modified)
- - NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987
- - NASCAR Xfinity Class Cars (ALL THREE models)
- - Porsche 963 GTP
- - Super Formula SF23
For Ghost Cars, fixed an issue where their ghost tires could take ghost damage, which could make them extra ghostly and appear to fall through the earth a short ways before resetting above the ground. Spooky.

Graphics
When Graphics Auto-Config is run, an additional hardware check has been added for memory size and cores. If our check detects your system is below our minimum recommended system specs, a warning notification will appear to let you know you may have difficulty running the Simulator.
- - You can find our current minimum system spec requirements and our recommended system specs here: https://www.iracing.com/membership/system-requirements/
Improved the initialization process for devices using OpenXR.
Improved the appearance of lit transparent particles.
Fixed some issues with inconsistent track surface decal rendering.
Fixed an issue with the rendering of metals with HDR, where they were appearing too dark.
Fixed a resolution issue with heat haze rendering.
Fixed an issue where disabling Triple Projection caused graphical artifacts.
- - This issue was impacting any post-processing effect that utilized the velocity texture, such as SMAA or motion blur.
Fixed an issue with stutters seen when running Varjo software alongside a hybrid CPU or a processor with more than 16 logical processors.
Fixed an issue where some particles could appear to have an incorrect brightness at tracks where stadium lights were in use.
Some legacy DirectX 10 shader code has been removed for improved SpeedTree performance.

Visual Effects
Fixed an issue where distortion particles were only appearing in one eye in VR.

3D Foliage System
Mother Nature has arrived at three more tracks:
- - Circuit de Lédenon
- - Circuit Zandvoort
- - Sebring International Raceway
- - These environments will now be populated with a variety of grasses, shrubs, flowers, and other low-lying plants native to their area of the world.
- - Remember, 3D foliage has no impact on driving or physics, but should decorate the world much more realistically. In the Graphics Options menu, there are several levels of detail that may be selected for use by the 3D Foliage System which can customize your visual experience and your rendering performance. You may also select to disable the system entirely.
Some generation parameters have been adjusted to reduce the likelihood of vegetation spilling over the edges of the terrain onto track surfaces.
Color scaling and foliage blending have been implemented.
Improved some foliage rendering processes for slight GPU gains.

Audio
A new Audio Option, Ear Protection and Helmet Effects, have been added to iRacing!
- - These new settings apply an audio filter to the Simulation which mirrors the effect of various forms of ear protection often found at the track. Each applies a different audio algorithm to all sound being played in the world for a more authentic experience.
- - These settings are found in the Sound Options page, and are named “Ear Protection / Helmet Effect”. Selectable effects include:
- - - - Ear Plugs
- - - - Earmuffs
- - - - Open-Face Helmet
- - - - Full Helmet
- - This feature is only available if XAudio2 is in use.
- - These audio effects only occur when the camera is set to be in the driver's perspective.
Removed "None" as a device selection default for Spotter and Voice Chat. These now simply use the system default which functions normally.
Fixed some resource leaks where switching to and from audio systems were not cleaning up after themselves, and could leave sounds hanging in the aether.
The XAudio2 library has been updated from 2.7 to 2.9.

Force Feedback
A new “Intensity” slider has been added to the Driving Controls options screen. This slider replaces the “autoForceFactor” setting value, previously found in the “app.ini” file.
- - This controls how the Force Feedback auto button (found on the F9 black box) behaves. With the slider set to 100% it behaves as it did last season, giving you the maximum force that your wheel can produce. With the intensity slider set to 0% it will attempt to both lower the forces as well as give you some variation from car to car so cars with higher Force Feedback will feel heavier.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Force Feedback system to send an invalid signal, if the wheel no longer reports its position accurately.

Pace Car
The Sedan Pace Car texture color has been improved.

Sporting Code
Updates have been made to the Official Sporting Code for the 2023 Season 4 Release. These include the following:
- - Section 5.4. Divisions, has been completely rewritten for improved clarity.
- - For section 9.2.2., more clearly defined where the Official Protest Form may be found.
- - For section 13.1.3., updated the language for gridding cars that did not post a Qualifying time during a Multiclass Race.
- - New Glossary entries have been added for: 3D Foliage System, Active Reset, Auto Fuel System, Force Feedback, and Telemetry.
- - Other minor fixes.
You can always find the latest version of the Official iRacing Sporting Code here:
- - https://www.iracing.com/iracing-official-sporting-code/

CARS:

<Car Class> GT3 Cars
A variety of improvements for the New Damage Model used by these cars have been made. Generally, these changes aim to standardize damage across all cars in the class.
- - Wheel damage is now always addressed before aerodynamic damage.
- - All bendable and breakable car elements are now either fully repairable or replaceable via pit stop when they are damaged or broken.
- - Meatball flags will no longer be thrown solely for aerodynamic damage. Only critical damage to wheels, the engine, or fluid leaks will be cause for a meatball.
- - Repair times for all panels and hinges have also been reduced.
- - Aerodynamic damage penalties have been rebalanced. Cars will see less top speed loss with damage but greater downforce loss.
Fuel economy has been balanced across the class for Season 4 release.
A new series of numberboards have been implemented that use the same number placement as IMSA to simplify creating custom paint schemes for customers.

<Car Class> GTE Cars
iRacing setups have been updated.

<Car Class> GTP Cars
The aerodynamic model has been updated.
A variety of improvements for the New Damage Model used by these cars have been made. Generally, these changes aim to standardize damage across all cars in the class.
- - All bendable and breakable car elements are now either fully repairable or replaceable via pit stop when they are damaged or broken.
- - Meatball flags will no longer be thrown solely for aerodynamic damage. Only critical damage to wheels, the engine, or fluid leaks will be cause for a meatball.
- - Aerodynamic damage penalties have been rebalanced. Cars will see less top speed loss with damage but greater downforce loss.
The dimensions and FOV for the video camera portal have been updated.

<Car Class> NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Cars
Vehicle specs have been added to the Car Details page.

<Car Class> NASCAR Legends Cars
The cars and class formerly known as NASCAR 1987 cars have been unified and renamed: NASCAR Legends.
For the New Damage Model the break limits for the nose, fenders, front wheels, and body panels have all been reduced.
Tire properties have been updated to prevent excessive bouncing when wheels are detached but remain tethered.

<Car Class> NASCAR Truck Series Trucks

<Car Class> NASCAR Xfinity Cars
The New Damage Model is now enabled for all three cars in this class!

<Car Class> Stock Car Pro Series Cars

<Car Class> Touring Cars
Official TCR decals have been added to these cars.

Acura ARX-06 GTP
NEW CAR!
- - The Acura ARX-06 GTP is now available for purchase and racing!
- - Built to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s new GTP regulations, the Acura ARX-06 debuted at the 2023 24 Hours of Daytona as a replacement for the ARX-05 that had run for five years under the previous DPi rule set. Acura continued its previous relationship with constructor Oreca to build the new car, which would debut in the hands of Meyer Shank Racing with Curb-Agajanian and Wayne Taylor Racing with Andretti Autosport; the teams would come roaring out of the gate by finishing 1-2 at Daytona. The ARX-06 features a 2.4-liter, twin-turbocharged V6 engine, smaller than its predecessor but packing a powerful punch at over 670 horsepower. As with other GTP cars, the car weighs 1,030 kg and features a spec 50kW hybrid system.
- - Claim the keys for your very own Acura ARX-06 GTP by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... ?carid=170
AI Racing is available for this car!
The New Damage Model is enabled for this car!

ARCA Menards Chevy / Gen 4 Cup
(Gen 4 Cup) - AI Racing is now available for this car!
(BOTH) - iRacing setups have been updated.

Audi 90 GTO
AI Racing is now available for this car!

BMW M Hybrid V8
Minimum weight has been increased by 5 kg for improved 2023 Season 4 vehicle class balance.
Some dashboard artwork has been updated.
Driver animations have been updated.

Cadillac V-Series.R GTP
Fuel delta display has been updated.
Telemetry box lights have been connected.
Driver shifting animations have been updated.
Fixed a minor issue with exterior cockpit lighting.

Dallara F3
For the New Damage Model, break limits for most body panels have been reduced.

Dallara iR-01
iRacing setups have been added.

Dallara IR18

Dallara P217
A variety of improvements for the New Damage Model have been made.

Dirt Late Model
(ALL) - Improved the rotation directional accuracy of opponent cars’ tires.
(ALL) - iRacing setups have been updated.

Dirt Midget

Dirt Modified

Dirt Sprint Car
(ALL) - Fixed an issue where the roof wing on opponents’ cars could disappear or not animate correctly.

Dirt Sprint Car Non-Winged

Dirt Street Stock

Dirt UMP Modified
The New Damage Model is now enabled for this car!

Ferrari 296 GT3
NEW CAR!
The Ferrari 296 GT3 is now available for purchase and racing!
- - Ferrari’s latest foray into GT3 racing, the 296 GT3 made its debut in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and other major global championships in time for the 2023 season. It succeeds the 488 GT3 EVO that made its debut in 2020, and it was designed to build on that car’s successes with easier setup modifications for the crew and significantly more downforce than its predecessor. Powered by a V6 engine just like its road-going counterpart, the 296 GT3 is capable of producing 600 horsepower from its 2.9-liter powerplant. Four cars took to the track across IMSA’s GTD and GTD Pro classes in its debut at the 24 Hours of Daytona, and the car took its first win in a twice-around-the-clock endurance race a few short months later at the Nürburgring.
- - Claim the keys for your very own Ferrari 296 GT3 by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... ?carid=173
Customers who purchased the Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 within the past 30 days will receive 100% of the purchase price in iRacing credits. Anyone who purchased the Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 between 31 and 180 days ago will receive 50% of the purchase price in iRacing credits.

Ferrari 488 GTE
Fixed an issue where the brake bias knob was rotating in the wrong direction.

FIA F4

Ford Mustang FR500S
The New Damage Model is now enabled for this car!

Formula Renault 3.5

Formula Vee
Steering wheel nuts have been tightened.

Indy Pro 2000 PM-18

Late Model Stock

Legends Ford '34 Coupe
(Legends, Dirt, & Rookie) - A variety of vehicle textures have been updated.
(Legends, Dirt, & Rookie) - iRacing setups have been updated.

Ligier JS P320
A variety of improvements for the New Damage Model have been made.
Mirror portal priority has been adjusted so that the driver’s side mirror is most important for rendering.
Fixed an audio issue with gear shift sounds when listening from outside the cockpit.
Fixed an issue where external hardware shift lights were not matching this car correctly.

Lotus 49

Lotus 79
Tire parameters have been adjusted.

Lucas Oil Off Road Pro 2 Lite
Mud flaps are now visible in the Paint Shop.
The dirt track wear rate applied by these tires has been updated.
Water and oil cooling have been improved.

Lucas Oil Off Road Pro Trucks
(ALL) - Mud flaps are now visible in the Paint Shop.
(ALL) - The dirt track wear rate applied by these tires has been updated.
(Pro 2 Truck) - Water and oil cooling have been improved.

Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020
2023 Season 4 vehicle class balance updates include: Mass and downforce have been increased, engine torque and drag have been decreased, and fuel economy has been fine tuned.
Aerodynamic parameters, rear suspension geometry, and tire temperatures have been fine-tuned.
Engine braking has been reduced.
Telemetry box lights have been added.

Mercedes-AMG W13 E Performance

Modified - SK / NASCAR Whelen Tour Modified
(BOTH) - The New Damage Model is now enabled for these cars!
(BOTH) - iRacing setups have been updated.

NASCAR Legends Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987
NEW CAR!
- - The NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987 is now available for purchase and racing!
- - Campaigned by Petty Enterprises, Blue Max Racing, RahMoc Enterprises, and McDuffie Racing, the Pontiac Grand Prix had a small but mighty driver lineup for the 1987 NASCAR Cup Series season. Rusty Wallace led the drivers at fifth place in the standings with two wins and nine top-fives, while Richard Petty scored the final top-10 points finish of his career in eighth with nine top-fives of his own.
- - Claim the keys for your very own NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987 by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... ?carid=175

NASCAR Truck Chevrolet Silverado
Driver animations have been updated to use a new blending system for smoother transitions between animations.

NASCAR Xfinity Ford Mustang
The “MUSTANG” lettering on the front of the car has been removed to better match the real world version of the car.

Nissan GTP ZXT
AI Racing is now available for this car!

Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)
Fixed an issue where headlight flares were only appearing on one side of the car when the car was damaged.
Some telemetry box lights have been added.

Porsche 963 GTP
NEW CAR!
- - The Porsche 963 GTP is now available for purchase and racing!
- - After a five-year hiatus from top-level prototype racing, Porsche returned to the discipline in 2023 with the all-new 963 for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s GTP class. Partnering with Multimatic to construct the chassis, the 963 made its racing debut at the 2023 24 Hours of Daytona with Porsche Penske Motorsport, and more teams have begun to adopt the car around the world as the season has continued. Penske’s Mathieu Jaminet and Nick Tandy gave the car its first win at Long Beach in its third start of the IMSA season. Powered by Porsche’s 4.6 liter, twin-turbocharged V8, the 9RD engine that powers the 963 makes over 670 horsepower. As with other GTP cars, the car weighs 1,030 kg and features a spec 50kW hybrid system.
- - Claim the keys for your very own Porsche 963 GTP by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... ?carid=174

Radical SR10

Ray FF1600
Onboard engine sounds have been improved.

Silver Crown

Skip Barber Formula 2000
Onboard engine sounds have been improved.

Street Stock

Super Formula SF23
NEW CAR!
- - The Super Formula SF23 is now available for purchase and racing!
This car includes an Overtake system, which is only available during Race Sessions.
- - Debuting in the 2023 Super Formula season, the SF23 is the third open-wheel car developed by Italian manufacturer Dallara for Japan’s premier open-wheel racing series. From a visual standpoint, the SF23 evolves from its predecessor by introducing new aerodynamics designed to produce more overtaking. From a sustainability one, the new design reduces carbon dioxide emissions in raw materials and manufacturing by 75% thanks to new, natural materials, while even the Yokohama tires used on the car use significantly more renewable raw materials while maintaining the performance of previous tires. Super Formula cars are powered by high-performance, turbocharged 2.0-liter I4 engines, each capable of producing more than 540 horsepower. Each is equipped with an Overtake System (OTS) that allows for up to 200 seconds of additional fuel burn in each race.
- - Claim the keys for your very own Super Formula SF23 by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... ?carid=171
The New Damage Model is enabled for this vehicle!

Super Late Model

USF 2000

TRACKS:

Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari
Graphics cubemap used at this track has been improved.

Circuit de Lédenon
NEW TRACK!

- - A new Road racing track, Circuit de Lédenon, is now available for purchase and racing!
- - Breaking ground in 1970 and opening three years later, Circuit de Lédenon is one of France’s most unique and challenging race circuits. Measuring in at 1.958 miles (3.151 km), the track manages to pack 13 varied corners and plenty of altitude changes into a relatively small space. It also differs from most other major tracks in France in that it runs counterclockwise. The track had played host to French Formula 4 regularly since 2011, and also hosts national GT races. A lap at Lédenon begins with the long, high-speed frontstretch before entering the Triple Gauche, three left-hand corners that lead into the Virage du Pont, a tighter right-hander. After the slow La Carrierrasse left-hander, drivers accelerate through La Courmelle and downhill into the Virage du Camion, before Le Cavalet turns them hard right and uphill once again. After getting through La Servie, drivers accelerate through one more straightaway broken up by smaller corners before La Cuvette sends them back onto the frontstretch.
- - Add your name to the deed of Circuit de Lédenon by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... rackid=489
AI Racing is available at this track!
The 3D Foliage System is active at this track!

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Pit wall collision parameters have been adjusted to eliminate the issue where cars could snag against the wall.

Circuit Zandvoort
NEW SCAN AND FULLY UPDATED TRACK!
- - A 2023 scan data and fully rebuilt version of the Road racing track, Circuit Zandvoort, is now available for purchase and racing!
- - This 2023 version includes four track configurations: Grand Prix, Grand Prix w/ Chicane, Nationaal, and Oostelijk.
- - Circuit Zandvoort ranks among the most historic and challenging road courses in all of Europe. Home of the Dutch Grand Prix from 1952 to 1985, and again since 2021, Zandvoort features a testing blend of straightaways, tight, medium and high-speed turns that run over and around the sand dunes just a few hundred yards from the North Sea. Designed by John Hugenholtz, the Zandvoort circuit opened in 1948. The 2.6 mile road course, located west of Amsterdam, boasted a couple of signature corners, including the fast and undulating Scheivlak, and Tarzanbocht a slightly-banked 180 degree turn at the end of the long pit straightaway. Coupled with the heavy braking at the end of the straightaway, the modest banking encouraged overtaking maneuvers, the most famous of which resulted in Mario Andretti and James Hunt banging wheels during the 1977 Dutch Grand Prix. Over the years, Zandvoort witnessed many classic races. In 1959 Jo Bonnier scored B.R.M's first Formula One victory there. Eight years later the legendary Ford Cosworth DFV earned a famous win in its competition debut in the hands of Jimmy Clark, one of four Dutch Grand Prix wins for the Scotsman. The rain-swept '71 Dutch Grand Prix featured a showdown between the two great rainmeisters of the day - Jacky Ickx and Pedro Rodriguez - that was ultimately resolved in the Belgian's favor. A partial list of Ickx' fellow Dutch GP winners includes Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss, Jack Brabham, Jimmy Clark, James Hunt, Alan Prost and Niki Lauda. Following the 1985 Dutch Grand Prix the circuit closed owing to financial problems. It reopened four years later as Circuit Park Zandvoort and featured an abbreviated (1.6 mile) version of the original track for use in club racing. In 1995, however, the Dutch government gave the CPZ the go-ahead to develop a new international level circuit. The resulting facility opened in 2001, featuring a modern pit complex as well as the old Tarzanbocht and the new Arie Luyendyk-bocht, which honors the two-time Indianapolis 500 winner who cut his racing teeth at Zandvoort. The contemporary Circuit Zandvoort boasts four different configurations ranging in length from 2.64 to .87 miles. It was reconfigured and brought up to modern standards in anticipation of hosting the Dutch Grand Prix once again in 2020, though the COVID-19 pandemic postponed that for a year. In addition to a full slate of amateur and club races, Circuit Zandvoort annually hosts rounds of national and international sports car races. The iRacing package of Circuit Zandvoort includes both the current version of the track, reflecting its FIA Grade 1 status, and iRacing’s original scan, which features five layouts.
- - Customers who already own the original track version, Circuit Park Zandvoort, will automatically be granted ownership of this 2023 rescan and rebuild version of the legendary Dutch track.
- - Customers who purchase Circuit Park Zandvoort will automatically be granted ownership of this version of the track.
- - Add your name to the deed of Circuit Zandvoort by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... rackid=485
AI Racing is available at all four track configurations!
The 3D Foliage System is active at this track!

Donington Park Racing Circuit
Fixed an issue where some crowds could be floating in the air when lower object detail levels were selected for use in Graphics settings.

Hungaroring Circuit
Fixed a surface type error in which a section of the Turn 7 exit curbing was considered racing dirt instead of rumble strip.

Kentucky Speedway
Fixed an issue where the grandstands would disappear at low graphics settings, leaving a gaping hole in the earth.

Kern County Raceway Park
NEW TRACK!
- - A new track with both Asphalt and Dirt Oval racing, Kern County Raceway Park, is now available for purchase and racing!
- - This track includes four track configurations: Asphalt Track, Legends, Dirt Track, and Dirt Mini Oval.
- - One of California’s most unique racing playgrounds, Kern County Raceway Park opened in 2013. The track was built about 30 miles west of the former Mesa Marin Raceway, another half-mile paved oval that held races from 1977 through 2005, including nine NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series events. Alongside the paved oval, which is a regular host of the ARCA Menards Series West and other stock car events, Kern County also has a third-mile, asymmetrical clay oval for sprint car and midget racing. Kern County’s paved oval features progressive banking in the corners, starting at 12 degrees at the bottom of the track and rising to 14 degrees at the top, as well as eight degrees of banking on the straightaways. Turns 1 and 2 are raised slightly higher than the straightaways and Turns 3 and 4. The corners are also different on Kern County’s dirt oval, with Turns 1 and 2 of that track tighter than Turns 3 and 4.
- - Add your name to the deed of Kern County Raceway Park by purchasing it from the iRacing Store here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/ ... rackid=493
AI Racing is available at the Asphalt Track and Legends track configurations!

Limaland Motorsports Park

Patched a seam in the terrain at Turn 2.

The Milwaukee Mile
AI Drivers have passed their racing qualifications test at this track, and may now race here!

MotorLand Aragón
Pit Road speed has been reduced to 37 mph.
Ambient track sounds have been adjusted.
(National, Motorcycle Grand Prix) - Static camera names have been updated.

Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke
AI Drivers have passed some of their racing qualifications tests at this track and may now race at the following additional track configs: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix w/out Arena, Kurzanbindung w/out Arena, and Sprintstrecke.

Road Atlanta
AI Drivers have passed the remaining racing qualifications tests at this track, and may now race at all track configs here, including: Club and Short.

Sebring International Raceway
Mother Nature has arrived at this track, and the environment has been seeded with the 3D foliage system! A variety of grasses, shrubs, flowers, and other low-lying plants will now populate the world at this track.
- - Remember, 3D foliage has no impact on driving or physics, but should decorate the world much more realistically. In the Graphics Options menu, there are several levels of detail that may be selected for use by the 3D Foliage System which can customize your visual experience and your rendering performance. You may also select to disable the system entirely.
Updated the display distance for tirewalls to prevent them from visually popping in the distance.

Tsukuba Circuit
Graphics cubemap used at this track has been improved.

Volusia Speedway Park
Some advertisements have been updated.

[Legacy] Silverstone Circuit - 2008
AI Drivers have passed all of their racing qualifications tests at this track and may now race at all track configs for this track: Grand Prix, Historical Grand Prix, International, National, and Southern.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Some cool stuff! Loving how Zandvoot has been redone and its free!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Looks like a fun track
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

nutty wrote:Looks like a fun track
Yeah & looks very technical too.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

SF23 is really really fun! So good
thornz

Post by thornz »

nutty wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:48 am SF23 is really really fun! So good
Been hearing lot of positives about this. Almost tempting me to jump back in, but been caught out by the hype train of new released too many time that I figure I will give it a month.