iRacing Chat

iRacing
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: iRacing Chat

Post by Exar Kun »

I don't know if I can afford the late models. The bonus from an annual sub paid for the Skippy series for me but there's a crazy amount of tracks for the late model and I'm not really a keen oval racer. I've only done 6 oval races and they've all been in the rookie Legends car.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I've still got $45 up my sleeve, after buying the LM and SKippy. (taking into account the $15 bonus we will soon get), I will wait and see how the series look after this 12 week one is up, before purchasing any tracks. But it looks like I will concentrate more on the oval, as I have really felt comfortable with it from the start. I'm loving the Solstice, and the skippy is definitely great to drive, but my SR is just below 3 for road, and it probably wont hit 4 before the end of season, so it makes sense to put the money into the license i'm more comfortable with.
balls & boobs. . .
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

well I just took the plunge after playing the waiting game of will I wont I and signed up for a year (I think deep down it was always going to happen)

I spent all my iDollars :D

on top of my subs, I spent an extra $21 and got the Skippy and the late Model + VIR, Infineon, Stafford & Martinsville

that way I got 6 things and 20% off the total. Im now only 2 or 3 tracks short of the full LM series and have all I need to go Bush Kangarooing

:tilt:
--------------
Stu
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Just had my first race. It was at Laguna with the rookie solstice.
Didn't qualify so I started mid field, got a good start and was up into about 4th place.
I passed one guy going into turn 2, then 2nd place spun at the corkscrew.
I tried to catch first place but I kept on doing silly little mistakes - every time I'd catch him I'd run off the track :p
Anyway, set a new PB and the fastest lap of the race (1.48.73) and finished 2nd.. So that's not too bad for my first race I guess.
It's an awesome game, looking forward to more races :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

And that's flying for your first race in the Solstice! I never got my rookie Solstice time below a 1:49.3 there. Advanced Solstice was about a second faster so you should be well into the 1:47s and duking it out with the other aliens once you get your SR up dude.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Yeah hopefully I can make a nice set in the advanced and hit some 47s :)
The rookie car for me handles quite nice anyway, but there would be a few things I'd do to it to make it a little quicker (not saying what :p )
Just gotta stop running off the track to keep my SR up haha!
:)
Speed

Post by Speed »

You are very fast Duck. :yes:
I recommend though, that you try to temper your speed 'til the end of next week.
You only have a week & a half to get your SR over 3 or you're stuck at Rookie for the next 3 months. (My understanding at least).
It's really easy to get your SR up. Just drive conservatively & don't accumulate incident points.
Ii'm hoping to max out my SR so that I can race the "C" grade cars from the start of next season.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Ah ok, yeah I read that somewhere as well.
That's probably a good idea 'till I get a better feel for the limit of these cars.
Cheers Speed
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Well done Duck! Doesn't matter what sim you drive, your always going to be fast.... dam you!! ;)

Have you tried the oval? or is that not your cup of tea?
balls & boobs. . .
pab

Post by pab »

Bauer wrote:that way I got 6 things and 20% off the total.
Has anyone seen anything from the horses mouth about that discount if you get more than 6 items (I had a quick look over the site and couldn't even track down the page that lists the discounts for bulk purchases)? I tallied up everything you would need to get to race both D class series (for my own interests sake), it's 9 extra items, one way of looking at it is to get 20% off the first 6 and 10% off the next 3 (assuming you were prepared to get them all together), but I would have to assume that the 20% discount would continue to apply to all items you get in a single purchase with a total of more than 6 wouldn't it? Does anyone have a conclusive answer to that?

PB.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
brocko

Post by brocko »

Pete you get the discount on all items if you buy 6 or more
Here a screeny of the cart
cheers Jay
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

you should just try it.

the shopping cart gives you a full itemised list including discount prior to actually clicking the final "buy" button. I only added 6 items though. didnt want anymore just now.
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

or you could just check out Jay's screenie :D
--------------
Stu
pab

Post by pab »

Ta gents :)
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Quincy wrote:Have you tried the oval? or is that not your cup of tea?
Yeap done a few laps, it's a lot better than the lfs oval, since it actually takes a little bit of skill, but atm I'm liking the racing better. Once I get bored of that I guess I might go to oval a bit :)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Speed wrote:You are very fast Duck. :yes:
I recommend though, that you try to temper your speed 'til the end of next week.
You only have a week & a half to get your SR over 3 or you're stuck at Rookie for the next 3 months. (My understanding at least).
It's really easy to get your SR up. Just drive conservatively & don't accumulate incident points.
Ii'm hoping to max out my SR so that I can race the "C" grade cars from the start of next season.
can people stop saying that .. some dont have it yet :rolleyes:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Raced with Dale before.. He's clean it was fun.
3 way battle up front, I was leading 'till 5 laps to go, that quick left before the corkscrew - I forgot that you have to brake a bit through there lol :D
Anyway.. caught back up to 2nd place and passed him last lap last corner.
I like iRacing because everyone is really nice, the guy congratulated me on a good race and an 'excellent pass', usually I'd get yelled at or banned for divebombing haha.
I was thinking 'can't wait to tell the guys are ARSE I beat Dale', silly me. Have to try next time :D
I'm still not very consistent, I'd pull away from Dale 3/4 of the lap, but screw up a corner and he'd be back on me.. happened for about 5 laps lol. Ah well that's (i)racing :)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

divebombing is only when you hit them
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Not according to some people :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

DUcK wrote:Not according to some people :)
u mean most lfs'ers :P

:prod:
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Yay got my first win :)
Still only on 2.66 SR though. Maybe 'cos I did a 360 after the race, then it said I lost points for 'losing control' :D
How much do the x1 and x2's affect your SR? I put 2 wheels off the track once or twice and lost x1. Does it affect the SR much?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yup :P
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Jeebus slow down duck lol!

I'm with you speed. I'm gunna try spend some time on the weekend getting both road and oval up but only oval to 3.0. Can't afford them anyway but I'd spend money on a radical before LM.
What SR do you have to get to to jump straight to C class? And will there be a Radical series next month or not till next season. I should go look at the official site lol.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Fandango wrote:Jeebus slow down duck lol!
:lol:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Anyone else had issues with low frame rates in the first couple of laps, was just in a race then and it went all choppy for about 10 seconds, a rough guess it would have been down to 10-15 fps, trouble is while that was occurring I think I saw 2 or even 3 frames with a car attached to my front bumper then he disappeared from view, I know it was a contact cause I got told off by the guy, but from the next corner on frame rate went back to 60+ and was fine from then on.

Can other players that are lagging kill the frame rate?