Concord FPS Issues

iRacing
Sarsippius

Concord FPS Issues

Post by Sarsippius »

Anyone having some fps issues on Concord? I don't really have much issue with most tracks except for a few minor fps drops on some tracks like VIR and Infineon but Concord seems to be giving me some real trouble. After about 5-10mins I start to get a lot of stuttering exiting the turn onto each of the short straights. The fact that it's ok initially makes me wonder if maybe my card is getting a bit hot. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue here, next stop will be to post on the official forum.
Sarsippius

Re: Concord FPS Issues

Post by Sarsippius »

Well I seem to have sorted it out, turning off shadows completely has fixed the issue so if you're having any stuttering problems give that a try. It seems it doesn't turn off the shadows under cars so they still look planted but maybe they aren't dynamic any more, not sure. I think it's mainly the dynamic shadows inside the cockpit which is the issue and not having them isn't a big deal in my opinion, might also explain why the cars with a cockpit usually have lower fps than the open wheelers.