One race a week.....?! Or many races.....?!

iRacing
Quincy

One race a week.....?! Or many races.....?!

Post by Quincy »

It's frustrating to see the top-half of the leaderboard filled with driver's who have only completed 1 or 2 races. Wins of course... Then little'o me, half way down the ladder, slogging my guts out, doing 5 or 6 races a week because I love the thrill, but I then will struggle to get further up the ladder, because my average points arn't as much due to having good and bad racing...

So, who else can not resist racing as much as possible? I don't think I could sit back and only do 1 race a week.... But maybe this is the strategy that works? 1 great race early in the week, then go and practice for next week??? hmmmmmm.
balls & boobs. . .
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: One race a week.....?! Or many races.....?!

Post by Righteous »

I noticed this too, but I am enjoying the sim so I will race as often as I want/ca.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I also want to race as much as possible :driver:

Looks like my format will be Mazda on the weekends when there are more drivers and Skippy during the week. A few oval races here and there when I get the time.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Quincy wrote:It's frustrating to see the top-half of the leaderboard filled with driver's who have only completed 1 or 2 races. Wins of course... Then little'o me, half way down the ladder, slogging my guts out, doing 5 or 6 races a week because I love the thrill, but I then will struggle to get further up the ladder, because my average points arn't as much due to having good and bad racing...

So, who else can not resist racing as much as possible? I don't think I could sit back and only do 1 race a week.... But maybe this is the strategy that works? 1 great race early in the week, then go and practice for next week??? hmmmmmm.
unless you're Greger or a handful of others you can't ensure that the one race you're running will be a winner in a strong field. So these are the lucky ones. Let them have the 1st page. :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

It's interesting I must say. I was thinking about this last night whilst saving another spin in the skippy. If you got in early in the week, you are probably a much better chance of winning as I think most would probably learn the track through the week, not many would be like Exar I don't think. Personally I am confident and fast (by my standards) at the end of the week. However, early in the week people are likely to punt you and so all sorts of silly things as they are all learning.

So I imagine the best way to move up the ranks would be, practice before the week arrives, do the first qual session and nail it, then run the first available race, win that and start practice for the next week.

Too me that doesn't sound like much fun though.
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

Quincy wrote:It's frustrating to see the top-half of the leaderboard filled with driver's who have only completed 1 or 2 races. Wins of course... Then little'o me, half way down the ladder, slogging my guts out, doing 5 or 6 races a week because I love the thrill, but I then will struggle to get further up the ladder, because my average points arn't as much due to having good and bad racing...

First of all i LOVED that Keith Richard picture,legendary......I am really enjoying this sim,its very nice,i feel i am in the middle pack
and yes is true you got to get good race final position against top racers,fair enough......lol.I had up to 4 races a day,the lunch brake race in particular
is great....lol........my goal is to beat Istvan Horvath at the end of the season 3.....muah eheh :yikes: :yikes: :aussie:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

9metal wrote:

First of all i LOVED that Keith Richard picture,legendary......I am really enjoying this sim,its very nice,i feel i am in the middle pack
and yes is true you got to get good race final position against top racers,fair enough......lol.I had up to 4 races a day,the lunch brake race in particular
is great....lol........my goal is to beat Istvan Horvath at the end of the season 3.....muah eheh :yikes: :yikes: :aussie:
Why am I your arch-opponent 9? :D
Well, game on, kick my arse if you can ;) I'll chase exar in the meantime...I've got a couple of seconds to catch up, hehe.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

That makes 2 of us Ysu. I managed to drop down into low 9's last night. As per everyone else the skippy is finally starting to click for me. I think mid 8s and I'll be happy.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

9metal wrote: First of all i LOVED that Keith Richard picture,legendary......
Wanna be my friend? ? I have ice-cream. :yummy:
balls & boobs. . .
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, it irks me just a little bit too. I'm languishing around the 50-something mark in the Skippy championship, and that's only because of my two clean races last night. Before that I was down in the 100s. That's despite having a top 15 qually time and a top 15 TT. But it's all because I have good and bad races and no matter what, I enjoy racing and driving these cars.

Since one of my major times to race is Sunday mornings (fiancee is off at work :tilt: ) then I tend to use Saturday night at least (when fiancee is also off at work) to practice for the next track. That way I can get a qually session in and get going first thing the next day. I did manage to find a lot of lap time whilst racing this week though, despite doing a good 30 or more laps on this combo before last Sunday.

So no, despite doing practice before the next week starts, and getting a decent qually time in, no way would I do one good race and then leave it for the rest of the week. I know it will hurt me more often than not as typically I have better results early on (incidents not withstanding this past week!) but it's just too much fun.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

It's like EVERY night is race night :D :D
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Yep ive done a few races early this week but on Tuesday i realised i had LFSEA so i stayed away from iracing till Thuesday nights race.

I dont fancy my SR this week so ive been staying away from Infineon Long, ill probably do a race tonight and on Sat but.... BRING ON NEXT WEEK :D

Ive hammered my SR this week, had countless situations where ive found the bloke ahead of me loop it around leaving me no where to go...
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

yea i race a shit load, i dont care about any kind of position on the list at the moment.... just want to learn the art of racing this sim, and racing again... get on board and follow a few fast lads and learn some shit pretty much...

So yea i race abit. I have had 18 races where as the guys all around me in the solstice series are all on 1 or 2 races.... lol...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Holy crap dude. I've only started 27 road races all up in over a month's worth of racing!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

Quincy wrote:
9metal wrote: First of all i LOVED that Keith Richard picture,legendary......
Wanna be my friend? ? I have ice-cream. :yummy:
Keith Richard friends ARE my friends!
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

ysu wrote:
9metal wrote:

Why am I your arch-opponent 9? :D
Well, game on, kick my arse if you can ;) I'll chase exar in the meantime...I've got a couple of seconds to catch up, hehe.
we`ve been knowing each other for 2 years now(luckily only virtually..lol)you always been faster.....i declare myself your iracing arch enemy!

...you know i am joking :aussie:
Tim Wheatley
Face like a pie
Face like a pie

Post by Tim Wheatley »

In about 3 weeks the 'leaderboard' will be split into divisions and while you can continue to try to win the whole shebang, you might want to concentrate on winning your division. It happens 3 weeks into the season as weeks 1-3 are used to gain info on what division you should be in.