At last!

ISI's new sim rFactor
limbo

At last!

Post by limbo »

Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: At last!

Post by w00dsy »

awesome
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's not bad. The only annoying thing is, and everyone is doing this, the up shifts need well over a second off the throttle but on change down its instant with a throttle blip. I have a clutch pedal but I dont use as I drive things like its got a crash box. Even if I use the clutch I cant get near the loud pedal for over a second. Its almost 2 seconds. Other than that they feel heavy, theres body roll, tyre screaming and its fun. However I'm going to add in the shifter options from the Historic Touring Car mod so I can enjoy it more.

They need to at least 1/2 the up shift time.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I'm not that impressed with it, yes it's good in the fact it creates a nice period feel but the mod needs a lot of polish.
In brief
Good
-Engine sounds are great
-cars slide around and have a good sense of feedback

Bad
-Cars feel gutless, the GT is gimped just to make the Monaro have a chance (the GT was a lot faster speed wise IRL) 180-190 down conrod is pretty slow
-the skins are good to very averege
-mirrors seem unfinished (pixelated and oversized)
-the dash is poor quality

It's a good mod, it just needs a fair bit of work.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
juggle

Post by juggle »

As much as wanted this to be outstanding its a bit lacklustre. graphics i can live with until they sort physics.
Gearchange is very slow. Suspension is very limited for adjustment.
My ref: real life mg gtb 76 -original suspension design 1950-60s- original lever action shocks(no adjustment) and uprated springs)
also driven NZ v8 car a few times.

OK the B doesnt have a huge v8 in front, but in terms of feel for the real thing, i think its off mark for a car designed to be raced.
only my opinion.
cheers
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Very disappointed in this mod. Was hoping it would showcase aussie muscle to the masses, but all they got was garbage.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Had a sneaking suspicion this was going to be the case, i havnt downloaded it, ill give the late 70's cars some consideration when they release them.

Ive been looking forward to the Touring Car Legends mod, the Group A mod but its been in the works for 2 years now and there is little or no indication of when or if its going to be released with the team admitting they lost interest....thats nice but how bout give the mod to someone else to finish so the huge amount of people looking forward to it arent dissapointed.

EDIT*

Having a quiet day and after doing some more reading i thought i would have a look at this a bit further so i downloaded the mod.

Intro was innovative but could have been polished off a bit better, but thats not a sticking point.

One thing i do think is that the modding group need to improve there logo, it looks very amaturish and a better logo will just present better.

Anyway on to the mod. The models look pretty good, it was great going through the liveries seeing names of people i know and have worked for in the recent past! Im sure they will be pretty interested in having a look at the mod and having a go when i tell them about it, could be a interesting comparison with real life bathurst drivers of that time comparing the mod to there own experiences.

In the groups favour they have had some involvement from a historic owner/driver of a falcon from that era to aid them in the realism department.

I have to say i was very pleased with the mod after expecting it to be average from some of the opinions expressed around the place. The gear change is slow, a little bit slower then it should be and the gearing is off a little bit (which will be fixed in a upcoming patch apparently) but otherwise i was very happy with the way the cars handled.

We have to remember this were big fat aussie v8's from 1969 racing on road tyres back then. They are probably a tiny bit sloppy but from what ive seen and cars ive been in they arent that far from where they should be.

Sounds are great, dash is reasonable. I dont know about everyone else but the mirror in my falcons looks very half finished. Might just be my graphic settings.

Hopefully when further cars are released they can add some upgrades to make the falcon historically accurate by having a bit more grunt.

Otherwise im happy with this mod, its got some famous aussie cars in it, they look good and sound good and are fun to drive!