iRacing on an iBudget

iRacing
doug99

Re: iRacing on an iBudget

Post by doug99 »

Quincy wrote:1)content you purchase remains yours, with no more cost involved.
2)momo is good. G25 is better.
3)Is Dubbo RSL really worth a visit? The tv add I saw just then, looks pretty good ;)
Last time I went to the RSL was a few years back - I think I remember having a martini......

Better places in Dubbo for a drink..... :)
avaran

Post by avaran »

Peptis wrote:I reckon they're trying to follow what the FPS games people are doing and try to make a televised (even if it's internet only) online racing league. You could generate a fair bit of income if people actually started to watch something like that, especially since driving games are closer to reality than FPS games are (I'm pretty sure soldiers aren't using a mouse to aim their rifles in Iraq).
Adverts on this would make them a pretty penny...
Anyone noticed that logitech are the only wheels in the iRacing store? How much did that cost them... :P
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

with the AUD currency being savaged now this is the price for a yearly subscription for iracing AUD at 61.7 biggest blow since 1983

USD 156=AUD 254.371

for a track

USD25=AUD 40.749

for a car

USD 15=AUD 24.45 lucky i paid the yearly subscription when the aud was 98 usd but now.... hahahah and this in only 3 months

...go figure lets hope it will improve a bit ....just a bit :yikes: :faint: edit:is not good new for iracing team either of course
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

yeah, they could be losing future subscribers due to this insane turn of events for sure...sadly.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

Yeh the state of the dollar at the moment has put me off entering the Mazda for this season. Hopefully it gets a bit better for the season following.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Hmmm its also holding me back on grabbing the truck and 2 new tracks on Nov 2..

IM glad i purchased my yearly sub when the dollar was better and also grabbed the Mazda series at the same time.
If the dollar stays like it is or only goes up marginally i doubt ill renew my subscription period because at $150 odd when i purchased my initial yearly sub i thought that price was a stretch...
Screw paying over $250 just to play a video game for 1 year...

iRacing is good... but not that good :melt:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

the way it goes, we'll soon pay over $300 AUS for a year of iR....geez I'm happy I've bought up all on the road side when the dollar was near 1-1 ...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This really has the potential to kill off a decent aussie community forming before it even gets a chance. I just wish they'd hurry up and release the new update before the dollar gets any lower.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I folded yesterday and bought 3 tracks. When the truck comes out i'll grab that with Phoenix & Milwaukee. It would have made more sense to wait for the 20% discount on 6 items but it also would have looked a lot worse on the credit card statement to see that price in one go for some computer game content!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
gasking

Post by gasking »

yeh i agree with others, i paid about $150 for a year, no way will i renew for $300. people will compare it to RL racing and say its cheap but u cant.

its goto affect the community if it hasnt already. The last heap of races i had could hardly fill a field for the oval trying to get my oval SR over 3 and thats in a "free" car.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

They will need to implement some incentives, ie, prizes etc... I'll keep paying/racing if the incentive is big enough.
balls & boobs. . .
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

I'll keep paying month by month but yeah it costs :yikes:
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!