Printing/Making T-Shirts?

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Printing/Making T-Shirts?

Post by SamC »

Anyone know how?

Whats it take? Need some big fandangled printing machine? Hz you were into it at some stage yeah? Wouldn't mind making my own tees, is it easy enough to make say...a swirl pattern on it? or is that for pros? And whats the costs?
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: Printing/Making T-Shirts?

Post by VTRacing »

Calling Quincy!
:teach:
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

you rang?

depends on which material you want for your shirts... I use a technique called "sublimation", which is a high-temp ink transfer, like a big sandwich press. However you need special ink and a dedicated printer, and a heat-press. The shirt material also needs to have a percentage of polyester. You could possible get a starter pack for about $2000.... Systems that allow you to print onto cotton shirts are more expensive.

If you are thinking of selling them, think good and hard, as it is a very competitive industry, and profit margins are very poor unless you are outlaying $$$$$ to build up a stock level.

and yes, you can print swirls etc, that is the best thing about sublimation, the design gets transferred exactly as-is to the shirt. If you want to do cotton shirts, i'm pretty sure you'll need to get into plotters to cut out the final designs etc..
balls & boobs. . .
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Sam, contact me on MSN, i got some info for you. Depending on what u want to do though. There are so many ways to go about it.
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Sweet, thanks heaps for ya help guys. :)