A1 Pro Pedals

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
Robbo

Re: A1 Pro Pedals

Post by Robbo »

I was wary of the change of distance to the floor so I monitored the distance of the throttle from the floor with each angle change and here are the distances ...

by the way ... Normal is just my initial setting.

Normal .. 20 degrees .. 80mm
One notch back .. 25 degrees .. 96mm
Two notches back .. 30 degrees .. 111mm
Forward from normal 10 degrees (which is more for Hyper type cockpits I would think) .. 48mm. I felt that 48mm from the base is way too low so I provided a raised position at this angle also which brings the height up to 60mm.

Also, the pedal pads are attached to a slot rather than a hole so they are micro adjustable but only by about 10mm.

Yeah Daz .. in a Hyper type cockpit, the frame wouldn't necessarily be required but could be adopted in the upright position with frame.
Last edited by Robbo on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Robbo wrote:Two notches back .. 30 degrees .. 111mm
That sounds like my preferred position. Maybe even more would be good. No way to tell without having it under my desk :D
Isn't 11cm a bit high?

Altho if it's tilted too much, pedals may touch the floor when pressed.

Would it be an idea to make that half-circular plate attaching the vertical bar to the base a bit bigger, and having another set of adjustment holes on it to adjust the 'height' that way?

OR; make a similar adjustment on the attachment between the two main bars (the L-attachment at the back, where the vertical and horizontal parts meet)?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Under no circumstance does a pedal touch the floor.

With regards to settings, anything is possible but 5 options should be plenty.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

If it's only moving 30mm it probably isn't worth doing the extra adjustment.
Robbo wrote:Yeah Daz .. in a Hyper type cockpit. the frame wouldn't necessarily be required but could be adopted in the upright position with frame.
Nah, I haven't got a cockpit. I'm just a tightarse with a stack of steel tubing in the garage that I need to find a use for :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

um...first of all, Robbo, I think that pedal set looks to be a great one either way, and if you're fed up with me just tell me to shut up. ;)

I was thinking; the pedal distance from the floor is in fact changing, because the 'vertical' part is indeed close to vertical, and the to main bars are at right angle.
The pedal height changing could be largely eliminated by a simple trick; tilting the 'vertical' part (connecting to the base) a bit farther back by default, and instead of a right angle, connect the other part at an acute angle.
eh, here's a little sketch to help me explain what I mean (object rotated by 30 deg)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I understand what you mean but as we change angles and adjust heights, you also change the centre of gravity and considering that the brake is capable of 60kgs of pressure, we then begin the compromise the balance of the design. It will start to look like a transformer.

The pedal pads have a nice radius and are micro adjustable so I would think that the amount of changes already in place will accommodate 99% of cases.

by the way ... I like to hear peoples opinions.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Robbo wrote:I understand what you mean but as we change angles and adjust heights, you also change the centre of gravity and considering that the brake is capable of 60kgs of pressure, we then begin the compromise the balance of the design. It will start to look like a transformer.
Oh, I thought the base itself eliminates balancing issues (eg if you attach it to the base a bit further towards front, the cog should remain in place...shouldn't it? I maybe wrong. Of course the strain on components might be higher.
Robbo wrote: The pedal pads have a nice radius and are micro adjustable so I would think that the amount of changes already in place will accommodate 99% of cases.
Yeah, you're closer to it to say if it's sufficient...just trying to help myself by helping you :)
Robbo wrote: by the way ... I like to hear peoples opinions.
:up:
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

The A1 Racing Gear website and Shop have now been updated. I feel I can now release the A1 Pro and the new A1 GearBox.

Cheers
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

brilliant Robbo.. like sin, i dont seem to race enough to justify changing from my A1 GTs.. but i certainly can vouch for the quality of those... havnt missed a beat since i have owned them, and i believe i was in the first batch or so.... so they have had a good old thrashing since then. Highly recomend A1 gear. :yes:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i just orderd some.

eeeep
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

its been a week now and i havent heard a thing from rob...

from the info i gatherd from everyone about robs customer service this is highly unusual?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

maybe he's on holidays? yeah he used to have the best service around
TCR

Post by TCR »

Have you received your pedals yet Neil?

If so, what are your thoughts?

I haven't had much time for sim racing lately as I've been building my race car, but when I get back into it a pedal upgrade may well be on the cards.
iRacing - Paul Chapman
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

havent heard from rob yet.

really would like to know if he even recieved my payment.
Doso

Post by Doso »

PM Norbs, I think he knows Rob personally

I use to have his mobile number when I got my original A1 Pedals but have subsequently lost it after all these years
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

hmm im interested in getting a set of these pedals aswell when i can scrap together the cash.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

thanks doso!

hold off arrow, till we find out whats happening with mine...
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Robbo may be away on holidays. I will give him a call and see whats doing.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

thanks norbs :)
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

will do Neil and would like a review from ya as well :D
hope you receive yours soon ;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

okay so i heard something about them today through a person, who spoke to rob.

Hopefully should have them by the end of next week. he had some issues with the circuit boards apparantly...
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Spoke to rob today they are getting sent on Monday, he explained a few issues he has had and why everything happened and it's reasonable in my opinion. Can't wait till late next week...
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

NeilPearson wrote:Spoke to rob today they are getting sent on Monday, he explained a few issues he has had and why everything happened and it's reasonable in my opinion. Can't wait till late next week...
I expect Robbo had some good reasons, as his customer support is usually spot on.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Yeah they were valid and he said he will make it up to everyone who has been involved the situation
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Got my pedals today. there excellent.

Just need to fiddle with the positioning of them, the are to low on the floor, so ill adjust up on that as soon as i can.