A1 Pro Pedals

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
Robbo

A1 Pro Pedals

Post by Robbo »

Hi all,

I'm about to release the A1 Pro Pedals and I know some of you have the A1 GT Pedals. Rather than go into details here, I have provided a link to the official A1 Racing Gear Forum at RSC.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthr ... ost3885860

Cheers
Speed

Re: A1 Pro Pedals

Post by Speed »

Cool thanks for the info Robbo.
Do you have any pics of the complete pedal assembly?

I was planning on getting a set of CST's but I'm having second thoughts & I will be have a look at yours first.
What is the time frame before they are for purchase?
My missus is very happy with her A1's. :)
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I can vouch for a1's too. They are a great product. Well worth the money.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Thanks Gizmo!!

Speed,

I am in the middle of the assembly process now so I won't have a completed set for another week or so. I bend and countersink the pedal pads tomorrow so will have more pics tomorrow night. I have attached some final prototype pics including the set I currently use for testing as well as a render.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

gee that looks very sexy, (with the sparco pedals that is)
thanks for the pics.

Seeing it's in the same kinda price range as the CST now the big question is: what's the difference?

Knowing your legendary support, Robbo, I tend to pull into the A1's direction...plus it's a bit cheaper still ($200!)

Ah, Robbo, a question:
the pedal angle is not adjustable, is it?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Hi Steve, (Hogy vagy?)

I've never seen a set of CSTs although Todd and I have shared ideas and experiences via Skype a few times so I'm not sure how they compare. They are manufactured very differently though I think and that is probably more historical than anything else. I like fabricating from laser cut parts and the A1 Pros are an evolution of the A1 GT. The basics are still there. I use bearings and I think Todd uses bushes (I think). Todd uses a compression spring for the clutch and throttle and I use tension springs. The load cell is becoming more popular so we will see more pedals with that technology so the similarity will be there. I believe CSTs pull on the load cell whereas the A1s push. The electonics come from the same place, (Leo Bodnar in the UK) and although I can't speak about the CST Electronics, I know that mine is 12 bit and the firmware is modified to allow the new A1 GearBox to function with its Hall Sensor and microswitch combinations. My electronics are integrated into one control box to operate all A1 Racing Gear products via mini din connectors. I don't know anything about how the CST Pedals connect to the PC and how or if his controller will accomodate future products. The A1 Pro can be bolted to the frame in a hanging position or reversed for floor / cockpit mounting. I don't know if the standard CSTs can do that.

With regards to pedal angle, my early designs included angle adjustments. It was fiddly and in the end I decided not to include it. I asked myself whether I have ever had the need to change a pedal's angle in real life and the answer was "no". When I get into my wife's car, I adjust the seat. Never have I adjusted the pedals. I also find that with hanging pedals the adjustment is essentially at the ankle and the angle is based on the distance from the pedal. Needing to change the angle therefore seemed to be a useless exercise.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hehey, you speak Hungarian :)

Thanks for all that info.
RE the pedal angle, I thought it might be handy, as in our case you can't always adjust the seat enough. This was my only real gripe with the old A1s. But I've got used to that set so I guess it'd be all right.

by the way the 'products' menu on your site is dead.

All that remains is to wish one of these for the coming b'day....will they be ready by November? ;)
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Steve, (Hungarian parents)

The website is a WIP.

They'll go on sale in a few weeks.

Cheers
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Hey Robbo...

great job, yet again...

If I ever get myself back into it like old times ill be sending you another order...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Hey Sin,

I'm looking forward to the day I can get back into it myself. :)
gasking

Post by gasking »

Hey Robbo,

Ive been fairly keen to get rid of my momo pedals and get some decent ones with a better brake.

Anyone might be able to answer this but if i was to get my hands on some A1 GT pedals can i still use my momo steering wheel.

Also what is going to be the difference in price between ure pros and the GT ones? getting fairly keen. ive herd many people talk about your pedals before.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

many of us use such combos, gasking. (one type of wheel with another set of pedals) so yes, it's definitely working.

About buying GT pedals; would you be interested in buying used ones? I think there will be at least a couple of us replacing the GT with the Pro model....;)

by the way here's the current catalogue with prices, altho I don't see the usb adapter with the pedals - it's needed.
http://www.a1racinggear.com.au/catalog/

The pro will cost around the $600 mark total. Follow the link in the orig post.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Thanks for that Steve. He's spot on by the way.

Also, I've quickly updated the products page even though a new website is coming. http://www.a1racinggear.com.au/products.htm
gasking

Post by gasking »

cheers ysu,

yeh i would rather new then used for something like this but cheers for throwing it out there.

i could pm ya robbo but others may be thinking the same.

So total cost im thinking now.
$209 for pedals?
adapter? in stock?
delivery to adelaide?

arse deal? :):):)

also why are the pro models so much more expensive? are they tougher? or are they just set up for a cockpit?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

gasking wrote:cheers ysu,
yeh i would rather new then used for something like this but cheers for throwing it out there.
Oh well.

Altho these are not some plastic cheapos, it's made of steel. They don't break or anything, and the pots if they grow old can be replaced for a few bucks.

Maybe Robbo will buy it back for a refurbished 2nd hand sale? :nod:
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

All models of the the A1 GT are in stock. You must have the 8 bit controller as a minimum. Note, the 8 bit controller does not run the A1 GearBox. It does run the A1 GT Wheel.

The A1 GT is just as tough as the A1 Pro, in fact, it would be tougher because it is essentially housed in a mild steel case. The A1 Pro is more expensive for a number of reasons. It uses load cell technology. There are many more man hours of labour involved in assembling one set and there are more ajustments available which goes back to the labour issue and the additional parts to make the adjustments available.

If you plan to use them under a desk, I would recommend the A1 Stabiliser which stops it from wanting to topple forward under heavy breaking. If mounted to a board or cockpit, the stabiliser is not required.

Ok ... the ARSE part ... I'll freight it for free and do the A1 Stabiliser for $12.00, normally $16.50.

YSU ... I am looking for a way to reward existing A1 GT customers with some sort of buy back. Stay tuned.
Last edited by Robbo on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Robbo wrote:YSU ... I am looking for a way to reward existing A1 GT customers with some sort of buy back. Stay tuned.
That's wonderful to hear :yes:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i think im going to have to get a set of the A1 Pro's... the CST's are far to expensive and these are australian made ;)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

These look superb Rob. I'd be interested in then if the buy back is sweet enough :)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Those pedals certainly look the business, Robbo :up:
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

You're a bad man Steve. Since your comments about angle I had a look again and came up with this. I should be doing other things but I quite like the way this works ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Robbo wrote:You're a bad man Steve. Since your comments about angle I had a look again and came up with this. I should be doing other things but I quite like the way this works ...
I may be a bad man, but you're a genius. That's I reckon as good as it gets! I'm sold!

Missing the sparco pedals on those last shots tho :D
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Now they look cool!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I'd definitely want that kind of angle adjustment, Robbo. The higher your seat is in relation to the pedals, the more angle you need on them. The ankle adjustment only goes up so far before it gets uncomfortable. About 90 degrees for me :)

My only concern is that you're affecting the height at the same time as you adjust the angle. If you can adjust the pedal pads up/down that's not going to be much of a problem, but being able to adjust the back corner as well would also let you adjust the height. Question is whether it would still be strong and stable enough in all positions, or too fiddly to build.

I assume the frame be sold separately for the cockpit people who don't need one?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

DarrenM wrote:My only concern is that you're affecting the height at the same time as you adjust the angle. If you can adjust the pedal pads up/down that's not going to be much of a problem, but being able to adjust the back corner as well would also let you adjust the height. Question is whether it would still be strong and stable enough in all positions, or too fiddly to build.
That's in fact a very good point.
Altho it's probably not much of an issue, but if you could actually set the length of the (almost) vertical part of the pedal frame (the one which connects to the base, now with adjustable angle) it'd cater for every imaginable position.
I reckon that could be easily done ... I maybe wrong here tho.