Moving on up?

iRacing
Sarsippius

Moving on up?

Post by Sarsippius »

So who is planning to move up to the next series at the end of the season? I'm beginning to think I might just go round in the Skippy and LM again next season. Previously I'd figured I would go onto the FMazda and I guess it's the truck next season but now I'm not so sure.
Since my holidays I haven't got back into it all quite so much and no-one races the LM during the week in our timezone anymore (numbers seemed to have dropped a little all round actually). I've also got a number of expenses coming in the next month or so and want to keep things under control on that side of things.
I was also thinking about just the overall numbers, the whole system relies on splitting into relatively comparative fields. It's been annoying trying to race the LM at times where the numbers are low, not sure if a race will be official and getting put in with noobs who don't know what they're doing. I know some have struggled to find races in the FMazda this series and I'm not so sure it will improve that much next series.
I figure I might be best to just hold back a bit whilst others catch up and fill out the numbers.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Moving on up?

Post by ysu »

I'll try to move up to the mazda. I know it's very different, but that's one of the reasons; I'd like to learn that as well.

I'll put the oval to rest tho.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Speed

Post by Speed »

I'm gonna do Mazda next season.

I'll prolly just do time trials on the ovals to keep my licence up..........although it just crossed my mind that the "C" licence car is gonna be the truck,
so I might just give ovals a miss altogether.
I'm not keen on buying something that I don't really want to race. Ovals just haven't grabbed me.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I'd like to do Mazda's, but it'll depend on how the numbers go. I suspect it'll still be impossible to get a Mazda race in our timezone during the week which is why I want them to add a couple more tracks to the next Skippy season.

I'll also see how those Trucks go. If they don't have any contact issues and plenty of people drive them I'll give them a shot on the weekends. I'll probably just buy the car and stick with the ovals I've got though, because I get bored of going round in circles pretty quickly :)
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

Well it is a natural decision to try the mazda next season,actually it is going to be interesting as i feel confortable with it,but still i want to try to finish
in the first 100 places with the very interesting skippy season,i was not expecting such a thrill.....lol

At this stage sadly i just cant do ovals...they are against my nature,i feel that i am a bit lazy about it too ,but unfortunately i do not like ovals much

...........today is my wedding anniversary.....cheers :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :dancer: :dancer: :pictures: 15 years :wtf:
Speed

Post by Speed »

9metal wrote:...........today is my wedding anniversary.....cheers :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :dancer: :dancer: :pictures: 15 years :wtf:
Happy anniversary mate. :yes:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

DarrenM wrote:I suspect it'll still be impossible to get a Mazda race in our timezone during the week
I think it'll be all right. A lot of people will move up from D to C and I suspect most of them will give mazda a go. I'm racing the skippy races with people from all around the world, not just aussies, so I reckon it will be the same.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I have the intention to get both Road & Oval up!

Road shouldn't be a problem at all as im sitting on 4.47 and havnt been under 4.0 all season.

Oval is another story, im sitting on 3.38 & havnt raced in a round for a few weeks now...
But im pretty sure ive already done the mandatory 4 races/time trials so i should move up as long as i stay above 3.0 :)

After both licenses are at C I will decide if its worth trying to keep the oval one progressing.
I’m interested in giving that truck a hiding but the C license might be hard to keep above 3.0. Having said that if the reward is the CUP car down the road it might just be worth the effort. :nod:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Been so damn busy lately and work now taking more of my time I've been struggling to get a race at all. I really enjoy the mazda though so I reckon I'll get my SR up in the skip over the rest of the season whenever I can and hopefully give mazda series a better run.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

fandango work does really put a hamper on racing time

so it is 4 races and/or TT's for road and oval or just road or oval
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Think its 2 races or 4 time trials - per road or oval series...also have ot have your SR >3.0
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Hazelb wrote:Think its 2 races or 4 time trials - per road or oval series...also have ot have your SR >3.0
that's the rookie req. I think above that it's 4 or 4. and yes, the two sides - road/oval - are scored separately. Just as your licence shows.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

So total road and oval 4 races or 8 TT's and SR >3.0 rookie and >4.0 D+

Ok i thort people were talking about it wrong when racing
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

wobblysauce wrote:So total road and oval 4 races or 8 TT's and SR >3.0 rookie and >4.0 D+

Ok i thort people were talking about it wrong when racing
hehe, no.
SR3+ for next level, does not matter what level (for now)
2 race or 4tt for rookie
4 race or 4tt for D+ (iirc)

but why don't you read the sporting code if you're so specifically interested in the accurate prereqisits?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I am still on advanced Solstice...

hard to find people to race when I have time to do it...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

Well i'm only moving from Rookie to D so i'm not sure what i want to do. I think i'll just wait and see what the race numbers are like and decide whether i want to purchase the next series or not
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Thought SR only had to be above 3 even for D?
Speed

Post by Speed »

Fandango wrote:Thought SR only had to be above 3 even for D?
It does.
You only need over 4.0 if you want to race in the class above what you are currently.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Yeah ok. So at end of season it's 3.0
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

ysu i have read it both the old and the new one, just that people have been saying other stuff

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

wobblysauce wrote:ysu i have read it both the old and the new one, just that people have been saying other stuff
Ha! and who do you believe the code or stupid people? :D
flagger

Post by flagger »

I already bought the mazda :) next season I will move up to D license so I am planning to race skips and mazda in a alternating fashion :D
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Road for me. Oval hasn't kept my interest, and besides, I only have time to commit to one series at a time. Looking forward to the Mazda.... I think?
balls & boobs. . .
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Mostly road for me skip, i hope the new series will include some different tracks next time round? I will go where the numbers are though, full or near full grids.
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

wenmo wrote:Mostly road for me skip, i hope the new series will include some different tracks next time round? I will go where the numbers are though, full or near full grids.

If you purchased the full skip series the only new tracks will be Road America & Silverstone.
Go to the series page and select a series that interests you and you can then see the venues/tracks in championship order.

I do hope they shuffle the championship rounds from series to series so people dont get bored.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.