Moving on up?

iRacing
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Moving on up?

Post by ysu »

KNAPPO wrote:I do hope they shuffle the championship rounds from series to series so people dont get bored.
Yeah, I don't really understand their motivation for repeating the same combo at all.
There were track layouts we haven't even run (eg Vir patriot...fun one!).

And another track could be included - even if just one of the oval infields, which could serve for both sides as a starter track ... etc...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

ysu wrote:
KNAPPO wrote:I do hope they shuffle the championship rounds from series to series so people dont get bored.
Yeah, I don't really understand their motivation for repeating the same combo at all.
There were track layouts we haven't even run (eg Vir patriot...fun one!).

And another track could be included - even if just one of the oval infields, which could serve for both sides as a starter track ... etc...
AGREED!
As much as i like the tracks in the current Skippy series im lost to know why 1-2 of the rounds are repeated in the same series when there are a lot of tracks to pick from, as ysu mentioned VIR has a few spare layouts they could have picked.

Personally im enjoying thrashing the Mazda & Radical SR8 around Lowes Road Course for some offline fun.
Dont know why but im enjoying that Roval...

Might have to snap up Daytona when the truck gets released next week for another Roval to thrash around.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

shit, i got to do some laps to get my road above 3... 2.46 as of right now
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I think I'll be tempted to race up in the Radical rather than run the Mazda - it's been a real let down for me. If they get the physics sorted for next season then I'll be happier. The radical is an odd beast to drive but I can see myself adapting to it and having some fun.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

NeilPearson wrote:shit, i got to do some laps to get my road above 3... 2.46 as of right now
weelllllll that first race went really well.

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Qualifying and time trials :)

Don't forget you get an extra week since they have 2 rookie series that count for week 13.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah i know, thankfully, i totally forgot.

qual and time trials will take forever, but i guess im going to have to
Speed

Post by Speed »

Exar Kun wrote:I think I'll be tempted to race up in the Radical rather than run the Mazda - it's been a real let down for me. If they get the physics sorted for next season then I'll be happier. The radical is an odd beast to drive but I can see myself adapting to it and having some fun.
The Radical is definitely more fun than the Mazda but I reckon fields might be light on until the season after next.

Foe me, if I'm honest I have to say I'm just not enthused with iRacing at all at the moment.
It all just feels like a chore to me, practising (not that I really do much of that), & doing fewer races trying to get a reasonable championship result.
For next season I think I might just do minimal practise, do plenty of races & try to just have more fun & not worry about the final results.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pab

Post by pab »

Speed wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:do plenty of races & try to just have more fun & not worry about the final results.
And that there is (IMHO) the secret to enjoying not only iRacing, but your whole life!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, obviously I haven't done much driving since I got out of hospital but it certainly feels like more of a chore when I have. Before then I was always super excited looking forward to my next race but being a little under the weather and still having to get rounds in and not being as connected to the car as I was before has made things a little less fun.

So I've been taking the radical out on different tracks the last couple of days. Not pushing for really quick lap times - just having a bit of fun here and there.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'm afraid that describes my next season too...
This one had turned around when I had a shot at top5 (which was my goal for the season) and I was excited enough to do the praccy.

Amazing what a perception of achievement can do for you :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hehehe - your times are bloody brilliant now mate. I haven't had much of a go at Infineon this week but looking at where you are compared to other people then I reckon I'd be lucky to go any quicker than what you are going at the moment. I think it maybe just took you a little longer to connect to the skippy but now that you're there you're going great guns.
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I haven't raced in nearly two months now and we just moved into our new place last weekend so I'm going to be without the net for a few more weeks at least. Now that things have settled down with the new place, I'm starting to get the itch to race again, but without the net, I can't even practice on iRacing! It's a little frustrating to say the least.

Because I've done so few rounds in the Skippy, I think I will just race it again next season. I still haven't learnt how to drive it properly, and I still don't know half the tracks, so it will still be quite fresh for me.
gasking

Post by gasking »

yeh i havent raced in a month or so, i just cant be bothered. Am keen to keep my eye on the changes coming in next season. Other than that ill keep to my LFSEA.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Exar Kun wrote: So I've been taking the radical out on different tracks the last couple of days. Not pushing for really quick lap times - just having a bit of fun here and there.
Thats why i bought the Radical, for some fun thrashing :)

Does anyone have a decent set for Laguna in the Radical.
Im suffering major undeeeeeersteeeeer...
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I'm still lovin' it. However, the next season would be nice to know NOW!!!! C'mon allready...... I wanna start practicing. I only own the skippy and LM, and don't want to invest in the other cars/tracks until i'm certain I like the series.... waaaaaaiiittttiinng patiently..........................................
balls & boobs. . .
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:Hehehe - your times are bloody brilliant now mate. I haven't had much of a go at Infineon this week but looking at where you are compared to other people then I reckon I'd be lucky to go any quicker than what you are going at the moment. I think it maybe just took you a little longer to connect to the skippy but now that you're there you're going great guns.
Thanks, yeah it took me quite a while to get the hang of the skippy.
I don't think you'd have any trouble beating me if you had some real praccy though :) I'm still a bit off the top times ( a good 1 s/min off the wr time at best )

Had a few laps in the Mazda yesterday...bloody hell I can't put in a decent lap. Nope, nada, nothing...4-5 sec/min off the pace at best. :eyepop:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

fuck it, my road licence can get fucked!
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

NeilPearson wrote:fuck it, my road licence can get fucked!
ahahahahahhahaaaaa cmon neil............ i had a hard race at 6:15 2951 sof and only 8 ppl.Good start and very lucky as someone stuffed it up allowing me some space,but ryan chuter got me nicely after some battle,so i did not resist too much when he moved inside at last corner,(i think he was a bit damaged too)lol earlier i had a fought with my iracing friend luc van gossum,but after few laps i saw him in my virtual mirrors going around :aussie: with extreme pleasure :lol: .........panic at 3 laps to go as my wife coming from work a fraction early found out the dish washer had not been cleaned,.....guys ..............you try it,try to race with your wife screaming in your ears......... :yikes: anyway i managed a brilliant 4th with luc only metres away(again 0 accident :nod: ).........its ok now i am cooking dinner to make peace,but the 6:15 race is out for me............muahahahah

....yours, simone
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

lol simone...
balls & boobs. . .
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Whats the problem Neil, r u fucking up or is it drivers hitting u ????
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'd basically changed my mind and figured I would move up to the C class for both oval and road but now I don't know. It'll cost me $175 (if the truck and phoenix are about $20 each) and that's with the 20% discount and the $15 bonus. Heaven forbid the dollar drops any further.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

wenmo wrote:
Whats the problem Neil, r u fucking up or is it drivers hitting u ????
both. I cant troddle around, im always putting wheels off the road. and when i do get a nice run going i get slammed into.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

9metal wrote:
ahahahahahhahaaaaa cmon neil............ i had a hard race at 6:15 2951 sof and only 8 ppl.Good start and very lucky as someone stuffed it up allowing me some space,but ryan chuter got me nicely after some battle,so i did not resist too much when he moved inside at last corner,(i think he was a bit damaged too)lol earlier i had a fought with my iracing friend luc van gossum,but after few laps i saw him in my virtual mirrors going around :aussie: with extreme pleasure :lol: .........panic at 3 laps to go as my wife coming from work a fraction early found out the dish washer had not been cleaned,.....guys ..............you try it,try to race with your wife screaming in your ears......... :yikes: anyway i managed a brilliant 4th with luc only metres away(again 0 accident :nod: ).........its ok now i am cooking dinner to make peace,but the 6:15 race is out for me............muahahahah

....yours, simone
Hehe, funny :D Good one 9, grats!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

okay im getting there, started off at 2.38 now im at 2.91! should be there tonight thank god.