Rugby League World Cup *spolier*

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Bauer

Rugby League World Cup *spolier*

Post by Bauer »

did anyone give a fuck?

Im as patriotic as the next bloke and gutted that the Aussies lost, but FFS we have some show offs as our elite players and I couldnt help but think 'sucked in'
--------------
Stu
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: Rugby League World Cup *spolier*

Post by nutty »

Didnt even watch a game, worst excuse for a world cup ever
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

it is absolutely hillarious when you can't even win your own game...

Rugby League is taken seriously in about a 50k square area of the planet... anywhere else it is at best 2nd, and more likley 10th most popular sport if it is lucky.

To even hold a world cup is an embarrassment to other world cups, and it is even funnier when the winner is somebody other than Australia... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

bengatta wrote:it is absolutely hillarious when you can't even win your own game...

Rugby League is taken seriously in about a 50k square area of the planet... anywhere else it is at best 2nd, and more likley 10th most popular sport if it is lucky.

To even hold a world cup is an embarrassment to other world cups, and it is even funnier when the winner is somebody other than Australia... :)
Thats harsh. I think the flannelette set cover more than a 50k square :D
--------------
Stu
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Bauer wrote:
bengatta wrote:it is absolutely hillarious when you can't even win your own game...

Thats harsh. I think the flannelette set cover more than a 50k square :D
To be fair my ARL hate goes back to the late 90's early 00's when some sponsorship stuff got screwed around because of it... it's all fair in love and war, but I seriously will not care if ARL falls in a heap, might move some of the sponsors back into motorsport... too late for us now with that particular project, but if somebody captures it then cool... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Ricky Stuart showed how much of a cock he is after his little outburst. League isnt the game it was. The English Super league is better to watch.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i screamed when it came on my tele, and scrambled for the remote to get it off..

but i dont know the difference between this rugby and any other.. to me its just all skilless thugs running into each other. Somewhat supprised they put it on tele in Vic.. i wouldnt think anyone gives a toss unless they moved here from NSW or QLD. Id rather watch soccer, and thats saying something.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:i screamed when it came on my tele, and scrambled for the remote to get it off..

but i dont know the difference between this rugby and any other.. to me its just all skilless thugs running into each other. Somewhat supprised they put it on tele in Vic.. i wouldnt think anyone gives a toss unless they moved here from NSW or QLD. Id rather watch soccer, and thats saying something.
Plenty of people think that. Rest assured, there are plenty of them with plenty of skills. Much the same as AFL for me. Any one can kick and catch, and they get rewarded for missing the poor little girls. But thats just my take on it. I played it at school and it was a lot tougher than it looked. I played league and union as well, didn't enjoy any of them as much as i did soccer, but thats probably because I was reasonably good at soccer, and not to flash at the rest.

The AFL coach told me I would have made a good AFL player if I got out of the habit of kicking torpedo kicks. Well i was playing at the back, I never had to aim, just kick the fuck out of it. :) There is always more to it than meets the eye.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm an AFL man but I like a bit of League and Union, there's definitely at lot of skill in both forms of rugby, no doubt about that. I watched the final and an upset was brewing before the game even started. My little theory is that the more of a shoe-in a result is the more chance you will get an upset, of course it doesn't always happen but all you heard about all tournament was how amazing the Aussie team was. They bought into it and they met a Kiwi side that was ready to play and hell bent on disrupting the Aussie game plan, all credit to them because it worked. The Aussie team are the clearly superior team and by some margin but in competitive sport you only have to be a few percent off your game and no matter how good you are you're gonna get rolled.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Sarsippius wrote: but in competitive sport you only have to be a few percent off your game and no matter how good you are you're gonna get rolled.
not wanting to change the subject, but were a happy team at Hawthorn :D
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Bauer wrote:
Sarsippius wrote: but in competitive sport you only have to be a few percent off your game and no matter how good you are you're gonna get rolled.
not wanting to change the subject, but were a happy team at Hawthorn :D
and many vic baseed punters are glad you are :yes: those guys over the other side of the bay were getting a little cocky :)

edit: bring on 2009 south melb premiership! carn the swans!