Re: Richard Burns Rally - Offline Comp/ARSE rank

Post by VTRacing »

RBR doesn't feel that real to me, to be honest. :shrug:
:teach:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Fair enough, another thing, unsure if you have done it.

Done most of the things in http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=194609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. Find "RichardBurnsRally.ini" and delete the "Constant Force Multiplier" Line.
Then in the same file, look to the last lines to find "XRes" & "YRes" and set these to your desired screen resolution.

Also, to start the game faster, set these option in the same file.
RunIntro = false
RunStartup = false

2. Delete the file "PC_InputFilter" (yes really delete it)
The current RSRBR2013 mod is about 7gigs with out the Extra "BTB Country" Stages.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

VTRacing wrote:RBR doesn't feel that real to me, to be honest. :shrug:
pffft what would you know :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Already done those things thanks.

I don't imagine for a moment it's gonna feel anything like the real thing. As long as it feels driveable I'm happy.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Every time I've played RBR I've eventually given up because the cars feel too bouncy, i.e. they get upset by little bumps and humps on the road that real rally cars just eat up.

Real rally cars are a lot easier to drive at 8 tenths than they are in RBR.
:teach:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

There is a big difference in the setups you use for the stage.

But I would agree with you on the Bumpy/Sharpness of the road surfaces, for a stock settings.

Also going back to the steering, having a deeper look in the setup options, there are more options for wheel rotation in the setting per car.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

wobblysauce wrote:
Also going back to the steering, having a deeper look in the setup options, there are more options for wheel rotation in the setting per car.
Found them early on... just making sure the lock on the wheel matched the lock in the car setup certainly improved things.... Odd that it's hidden away in the suspension settings.
VTRacing wrote:Every time I've played RBR I've eventually given up because the cars feel too bouncy, i.e. they get upset by little bumps and humps on the road that real rally cars just eat up.
That's pretty much the feeling, seem to be getting along nice and quick and then some insignificant little bump throws me off into the scenery. I've done a few rally schools in the past, I don't consider myself to be anywhere near your level behind the wheel of a real rally car but I certainly don't remember the car being so unstable if the surface threw in a couple of surprises. By the way VT, how's the back doing ? Recovery going OK ?