Your guitar gear

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Dr. Pain

Re: Your guitar gear

Post by Dr. Pain »

Not active pickup's in that range just covered. They are just some generic pickup with BC Rich on them The neck is friggin sweet. Better than the neck on my ESP. Might put an active pick up in the Warbeast though at some point.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

a set of EMG 85/81's would make it do the brootalz.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The only way to go :)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I've been getting the wants of late for an ESP Ltd series B-155DX

I started playing bass before guitar but stupidly many many years ago I lent my bass to a relative and haven't seen it since which craps me right off but I don't have anything to do with them so getting something back is not worth the hassle. I wanted to play like Steve Harris from Iron Maiden so learnt but will be very rusty by now. Think it's time to get back into it, if I don't it will play on my mind.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I missed out on the bass I posted above but got an even better deal on a better model. Got just over $400 knock off the price as the 2011 models are due in.

Got all the same hardware but its neck through body, mahogany body, maple/mahogany neck with ebony fretboard. $809 smackers and I'm stoked :)
Last edited by Dr. Pain on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

w00t - that looks bloody nice mate!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

awesome, LTD's are great bits of gear. ESP is one of the most under rated companies out there, everyone of their guitars i've played has been spot on. My main guitar is an Edwards which is ESP's japanese only brand, it's just a Les Paul copy so it can't be sold outside Japan for legal reasons.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Really nice guitars by ESP. My LTD AX 250 is sweet. Feels nice and the ESP-EMG pick ups make it sound so cool. Although my BC Rich Warbeast does have a slightly better neck feel, the Ltd does feel a lot more solid and meaty but I expect that being double the price. The blue bass, B-155DX, is about the same product range as my AX-250, made from the same materials. Where as the B-5E is two product ranges higher :)
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Dr. Pain wrote:I missed out on the bass I posted above but got an even better deal on a better model. Got just over $400 knock off the price as the 2011 models are due in.

Got all the same hardware but its neck through body, mahogany body, maple/mahogany neck with ebony fretboard. $809 smackers and I'm stoked :)
Very very nice.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Mine.
2nd hand Parker PM20, lovely low action, coil taps, great neck. Never seen one till I saw this one, had to have it.
Very heavily contoured at the rear. Oh, and its FUNKING KICK ARSE SPARKLIE ORANGE...

sorry.

My little recording set up.
The Line 6 KB37 Keyboard / IO acts as the guitar / mike interface. Also a MIDI keyboard.
Though it the guitar runs Line 6 Podfarm 2 & Guitar Rig 4 for amp / speaker / effect emulation.
Also it came with Propellerheads Reason, which I swapped the user registration over.
Then paid $150.00 US to upgrade to the latest version of reason and the DAW Record.
Then add 2 Roland Calkwalk studio monitors and we're done. All for under $1050.00 with the guitar.

Now all we need is some time and talent and we're off and running.

Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

nice one Carl, they are great guitars, sperzel locking tuners and Duncan JB/Jazz pickups plus neck through too isn't it? I'm a big fan of the import lines of most guitar companies, you get 90% of the guitar for 30% of the price.
petey

Post by petey »

Possibly some bigger ref. monitors :p

We want chunky!
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I got my bass this morning and I'm surprised by how small it is. My AX-250 is only 2 inches shorter in length as it has a big body, way bigger than the bass. The quality of the bass is immediate . It looks and feels so fucking awesome. Theres only one level higher in the standard Ltd range. It's miles better than anything I've ever owned. It's two product levels higher than my AX-250 and it really shows in the materials used. My fingers need to get use to playing a bass again but I want to play it. If you find a B-4/5E on sale for $800 like I did then get it because you wont regret it. Or even just try one in the shop. Well worth the time to do so. I'm over the moon with it :)
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Mrs W got home earlier and said 'surprise' and handed me this. It's only a cheapy from Aldi but i saw it in the catalogue the other week and said it looked kinda cool, so kudos to her for taking note of my constant wants. 30w and has a really nice clean sound, when you hit the over drive button it's like instant vaseline jammed onto the speaker, oh. I have no idea who makes Livingstone gear, but my son got one of their cheap acoustics and it's actually pretty good. If this thing sounded a bit less muddy overdriven it might be good value for money. I tried my pedals through it and it still sounds muddy.
Oh well it'll do for a small clean sound amp. My son digs it, i think because it matches his guitar.

My wife said 'how is it?' and i said it has nice cleans but muddy with some gain then played some clean arpeggios on the front pickup and my daughter said 'woah that sounds awesome' then the wife chimed in with 'probably because we're not used to hearing him play properly like that' :doh: Obviously they're not fans of the thirty channel.

Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Damm I wish I saw that catalogue, that looks really sweet, nice small simple.
I've sort of "borrowed" my sons Vox AC15 in return for him "Borrowing" my old Mbox2 and Protools for his band recording.
I'm gunna get his Orange 30 watt for a go when he's going troppo for a few weeks next month.
Still nice buy Mrs Woosyness, let see what her hubby can do to deserve it.............
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

My old man got one of those. It's not bad for what it is although my 30w Marshall put it in the shade but still seems a good little amp.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

yeah there's no doubt it's no Marshall.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

My current gear. Shame I can't take a pic of my pedalboard as I'm giving bits of it to people so they can have a test of some homemade stuff. Judging by how it's going, I might have a small production line soon :)

SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB320
My pride and joy. Picked it up for $440. It's 22 years old now.

Couple of Pedals. All but the Microsynth are home made

I've made about 5 more, but they are all off to other homes. Also not pictured is my amp, a Fender Rumble 100. I could have got a bigger amp but it was worth just getting something I could bash around at gigs when I need.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

count me in as a possible customer if you get cracking making more pedals. I mostly use some over drive and a bit of delay.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Well here is a sound sample on bass. It's rough and it doesn't capture the lows of my bazz fuss.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I youtubed one too with even worse playing on guitar:
[youtube] [/youtube]
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Love all the pics, gents. Really nice gear you all have. :yes: :yes: :yes:
richo

Post by richo »

I went to America and all i got was this...

and

The Gretsch is a G5120 Electromatic and the Gibson is a SG 61 Reissue , the price compared to home was a massive savings and you only live once etc :)

Now i need to learn how to play better so both of them don't spontaneously combust .
[]D [] []v[] []D
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

both excellent choices. Is that Washburn to the right of the SG?
richo

Post by richo »

Yep sure is you have a good eye :)

The gretsch is really nicely built and the finish is fantastic , mega happy with both.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Damm that Gretsch is sex on a stick.
Heavy?
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard