Twenty20

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Enforcer-J

Twenty20

Post by Enforcer-J »

What a kickass form of the game! They even let clubbies have a wack and show the big guns how they should be batting :D David Warner's batting display was the most exciting "knock" I've seen since Gilly's quick test century @ the Wacca! Put him in the one day side already!

Oh and I Lol'd my ass off at the replay of the Aussie bench's amazement when Warner smacked that one for six over mid wicket... Cameron Whites expression especially haha
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Twenty20

Post by r8response »

That guy was a machine, hadn't even played a first class game and he is smashing internationally renowned bowlers off the field.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Twenty20 should replace day/night matches I reckon, lol. It's far more entertaining than any other form of cricket.

Warner was awesome. Watching a couple of those 6's he's definitely got some batting power, lol.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Santaria wrote:Twenty20 should replace day/night matches I reckon, lol. It's far more entertaining than any other form of cricket.
i cant really agree with that, theres a different skill completely in a 50 over match. A real balance of aggression and preservation of wickets. twenty20 is awesome to watch for sure, but it really is a different game. I think theres room enough for twenty20, oneday, and test matches.

Im off to the MCG on friday for the one dayer.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I reckon there's definitely room for all 3, I LOVE the one day format.

I'm going to the Sydney one next week, can't wait :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, the big thing in Twenty20 is that there is no time for catch up. Once a team gets a bad start chasing a decent total then you pretty much know it's all over. One dayers are a bit better with that and, of course, we've seen how much ground you can claw back in the 5 day game.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

According to this, Hayden has decided to call it quits.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Warners batting on the weekend was awesome!
i couldn't turn it off... and I hate watching cricket!!!

I'll be watching the 2nd match tonight, I hope he can do it all again! :D
Steve
---
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm not sold on Twenty20 yet, during the world cup I had nothing to do but watch foxtel as I was recovering from a motorbike accident but I'd watch 10mins here or there and switch to something else. It's way too hit and miss, good for a few cheap thrills but that's about it. Nothing like a tense one dayer that goes down to the wire.
Maybe it will come good with time, a good mate was in India during the IPL and watched a lot of it and really liked it, saying there were quite a few close finishes. Maybe it suits that kind of championship format.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

tonights was good... one stage aussies needing more than 10 an over, and Hussy and White saved the day... even near the end it was about a run a ball they needed off the last 12 balls or so... Cameron White hitting a six with 3 runs needed for the win. I was on the edge of my seat for a while.
petey

Post by petey »

David warner was exceptional the other night. I think the aussies got it wrong putting him back in the opening partnership tonight. It was a tall ask especially considering the south africans would have been more than prepared. Would have been a great switch for him to even have come in number 3.

Tonight was just as good a watch though with the aussies putting in a great fight after a disappointing start. It was pretty evenly matched but really we brought it home with ease in the end.
Yeah, the big thing in Twenty20 is that there is no time for catch up. Once a team gets a bad start chasing a decent total then you pretty much know it's all over.
And this I would say the complete opposite. At any point in a Twenty20 it can go either way, unless it is an exceptional total, they are normally always within reach. Sometimes it may require some great batting or bowling but thats the point.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

yeah shame he couldnt get firing tonight... but never mind, its hard to go out blazing like that every time. I think the media attention and expectations of him may have got to him a bit too. We've seen the guy can really swing the willow, just hope hes given a chance in the 50 over form. Really good to see some young guys firing too, and my old man assures me there more out there, claiming Phil Hughes may well be an aussie captain one day.
petey

Post by petey »

Yea I don't rate him down at all for his performance tonight. It would have been a shock if he had of played it like he did the other night.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I think Warner might be an all or nothing batsman, kinda like Gilly, 150 in 10 balls or out for 12.

I hope that shit they're talking about in the news regarding the laser pointers in the crowd isn't true.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Vilante wrote:
I hope that shit they're talking about in the news regarding the laser pointers in the crowd isn't true.
It's true... could see it clearly in the telecast last night... idiots
Steve
---
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

SE1Z wrote:
Vilante wrote:
I was wondering about that - I thought I saw something but didn't notice anyone comment about it so assumed I was seeing things.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

SE1Z wrote:
Vilante wrote:
Sets a dangerous president I think if true.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

whats the story on this one? i didnt notice them
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Nigel wrote:
SE1Z wrote:
Vilante wrote:
Sets a dangerous president I think if true.

What, like George Bush? :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Bah. You know what I mean. precedent. Clicked the wrong word on the spell checker.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

DexterPunk wrote:my old man assures me there more out there, claiming Phil Hughes may well be an aussie captain one day.
the old bastard may be on to something... after his recent performances it could well be a good call.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

OK i know nothing about cricket nor i even attempt to watch it. But tonight whilst i was flicking thru the channels i caught a few balls from the Twenty20 game on OneHD just now.

I have a question, whats with Malinga's bowling action?
It looks like he chucks the ball, almost a running baseball style pitch rather than a traditional bowling action. It looked so retarded i had to jump on the tube to find an example and ask the question.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Sorry for the poor quality example, but you can see his weird action even in this clip.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

its more a question of if the elbow is bent through the action of his release.... since murili bs action was ok'ed and something about him claiming to have an injury so he cant straight his arm... they have allowed a certain degree of bentness (that a word?).... But yeah it does appear a little dodgy hey.... theres a few Pakistany and Indian cricketers with questionable bowling actions i reckon.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Oops. :)
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography