Club leagues

iRacing
DarrenM

Re: Club leagues

Post by DarrenM »

ysu wrote:dunno, next thursday is empty here:
http://202.51.172.150:8080/ilom/leagues
Ah, ok. I'm probably not fetching events far enough out due to the time conversions. I'll have a look into it. Thanks.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

np.

Sorry apoc, but I can't praccy next week, so I'm driving offline.
In fact I'm rather shooting zombies now :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

Great race tonight at laguna,as usual i had a ball,i was not expecting to start pole but not even in 9th but thats racing, lol ,fierce competition lol
The guy in front of me had a slow start and due to that lost 2 positions,but i know that there was plenty of time to make it up,dangerous first 2-3 laps as ppl were settling down on the track,i tried to keep my own pace and first of all stay out of trouble,and look for that yellow flag.Very happy to see that, eventhough i was back, the field was still pretty tight after few laps,thx to some spinners i reached the 7th pos ,very sad when(5 laps to go) mat kingsley,in front of me going in to the sand had a lag spike bouncing back on the track when i was transiting causing me a x4.....bullshit,....funny thing i went through the car ,i closed my eyes,but i only saw the x4 and no bang!! hahahaa ho well it could have been worse,shame cause i did not put a wheel in the wrong,i am very jelous of my free accident races lol very happy to get 6th, 44 sec after Darren,good win Darren tough guy for a tough race lol see you next time,at this stage i am not sure if i get the silly oval track,,,i see,,,i am loving this competiton :yummy:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

yeah you had a very nice progressive race mate, congrats.

As I said: the same happened to me in the radical 2 weeks ago; went through the guy, no damage but -4 points for the accident. I think we should complain about that, it's an inconsistent way of doing things; after all we did not hit anything, no damage, no crash - only lag.

by the way I'm not gunna bother with the ovals. But I'll race the radical.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I've tried suggesting to them that car contact incident points should only be given when there is damage to the car, and that they could be based on the amount of damage done, but they didn't seem interested. It would get rid of these phantom 4x's that we get.

Matt Kingsley looked like he had a terrible connection. 360 odd ping in the warmup.

He was involved in that big V8 ute crash at Adelaide
pab

Post by pab »

My suggestion was that they delay the assignment of inc points a second or two, and actually assign the points on the client, based on where the cars really were on the client machines (once both machines have caught up and reported their actual positions) rather than where the server thought they were at the immediate time of the incident. This would totally remove all phantom inc points, and someone from iRacing admitted that this was a good solution for this issue months ago on their forum, but then they stopped responding to the thread where we were discussing it. I can only assume they don't want anything done on the client cause they're scared of cheats.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

pab, I don't think that's necessary at all. Besides, if someone is popping in front of you (as it happened both of the mentioned cases) and you can't avoid going through the car, your client would detect you crossing into that car - so it's simply not an improvement.

The program already knows if the lag was present - by not destroying your car! - so that could be used for the points distribution as well. Simple as.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

does this league thing drop the 4 weeks like the iracing championship does? im way to messed to tackle bristol tonight... but i will if i have tio
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It will be dropping 4 weeks.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah good. and from what I hear, from a certin friend of mine (whos not aussie) the race was a complete joke. with all the aussies driving like complete twats.

I believe him to, as i know i can race him hard and clean, been racing him for ever
pab

Post by pab »

ysu wrote:pab, I don't think that's necessary at all. Besides, if someone is popping in front of you (as it happened both of the mentioned cases) and you can't avoid going through the car, your client would detect you crossing into that car - so it's simply not an improvement.

The program already knows if the lag was present - by not destroying your car! - so that could be used for the points distribution as well. Simple as.
I disagree Ysu, the program doesn't assign damage in that situation cause there was doubt about car contact, after all, if there was no doubt there'd be no popping. My point is that by waiting a second or so before applying the inc points all doubt can be removed. I probably shouldn't have said "apply the inc points on the client", cause that's not literally what I mean, it's more a matter of the server waiting until the clients have had a chance to complete the process of sending data on their positions, and confirming where they actually were before comparing their positions to determine if they have crashed or not. Currently the server makes a determination in real time based on where it thinks the cars are, I'd prefer it to get all the facts before making that determination, that requires relying on the clients to send through all of their position data, even if it's not in real time.

I couldn't cite specific examples (and certainly don't have replays to prove it), but I'm pretty sure I have received damage from warp incidents before, so rather than rely on the server not being sure, so not applying inc points, I'd rather it wait until it was sure, then applying them only when they were warranted.

IMHO, of course.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

Terrible race guys for me tonight at silverstone,i am disappointed that i can`t manage a racing car,and a race still,shame cause my qual lap time was pretty competitive,and i still was confident about the track.At t1 managed to loose the car(exiting the corner with the belly of the car touching the curb made the wheel loosing grip)no damage and a hanfull of second as a result but from there i panicked a bit,resulting in a clumsy recovery which ended badly when another guy touched me bending the suspensions,he could avoid it as he was lapped but it is definately my fault as i should have never been there in the first place...reset the car but with a broken heart,but the determination to get better,and do my best is still intact..... :lol:

see you next week ps:12 championship points....its a disaster for my division :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

pab; I see what you mean, however it'd require some or a hell of a lot of extra data traffic, depending on implementation, making an already crappy connection even worse.
I believe simply appying the same rule to points and crashes would already improve the thing significantly. If there's a doubt: don't apply points either.

It was a good race - up to that point, Simone. I loved the first few laps, all 17 of us clean and careful! Yeah running on the outer curbing in T1 with full throttle is dangerous. The outer part is a fair bit more slippery. When only the rear left is on that part, well, we know what happens. I used to do that spinnig trick in praccy all too much so I was taking T1 a bit slower in the race to make sure I avoid it.

0 penalty points for me, meaning +.13 SR, now that's nice! Shame I can't lap a second or so faster. It seems I was woefully slow through the esses.
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

do not think i can do it tonight,but i will try to be on the track :lol:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Here is what I've decided to go with this season

http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/

Tuesday
9:30pm Spec Racer Ford

Wednesday
8:15pm Skip Barber
8:45pm Impala B

Thursday
9pm Star Mazda

Saturday
11:45am Radical
9:15pm Late Model

Sunday
11:30am Prototype Challenge
7:15pm Jetta TDI Cup
8:00pm Trucks

Monday
7:45pm Lotus 79
8:45pm Impala B
Last edited by DarrenM on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Lotus on Monday looks like a good time. I may get a couple of runs in this season!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

the 11:45 am sunday radical is fantastic....cant resist :nod:

thx darren ...very nice mate!!!!
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

ORSM Darren,

Will try and make some nights!