ANZ of IRacing

iRacing
wenmo

ANZ of IRacing

Post by wenmo »

Hi All.

I would like to throw this idea out to the Australian & New Zealand IRacing Members. (ANZ of IRacing)

I think most of us would agree that IRacing is here to stay and will only improve as time goes by and more sim racers sign up. ( please dont comment on this post about pro's & cons of IRacing )

The idea is to expand ANZ of IRacing formally away from ARSE posts and have our own Website similiar to Ausfactor and MNR lfs. ARSE always has a place and it was ARSE that brought my attention to MNR and AAL and now IRacing so long live ARSE.

I believe it is now time to formulate and record all ANZ club members and have are on Web page site and foster all things IRacing. For this to happen we need a committee. ( i seem to recall some headway into this on the IRacing forum?) We need talented people to do the Web page and linking. ( from what i have read in forums we have some key players) We also need a cost factor to set up the site and i'm sure many other things.

Let me know on this post if you agree or do not agree with the above or happy to just leave as is?

regards Paul
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
DarrenM

Re: ANZ of IRacing

Post by DarrenM »

ARSE members are only about 1/4 or so of the Aus/NZ iRacing members, so I don't see the need to break away from here to somewhere else. I also think it would be better to keep the main discussions to the existing iRacing forum because new/other members will be more likely to see and contribute to them there. If you start a new forum, you'll only get some posting there, some here and some at iRacing which will just fracture things more.

A decent website would be nice though. A few of the other clubs do have them, but I don't really have the time or inclination to try and extend the league site beyond what it is now.

The main issue is content. For a site to be worthwhile there needs to be people contributing to it regularly i.e. news posts, updates, season reports etc. If you can find people to do that, then it shouldn't take too much to put together a site based on a blog engine.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think keeping important stuff on the official forums is the way to go.
I dont' see any reason to start another forum about the iRacing Australia topic either.

But if you're itching to build another website, it's your time to waste...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Hi Darren

The Website i saw was posted on the IRacing forum by Nick Neber under the heading of Club Championships. It looks like some clubs are getting into designing there own club websites and having a positive structure for the future. You mentioned about only 1/4 that signed up to IRacing are only listed on Arse so the chance to increase and consolidate membership through one base must be an advantage.

Perhaps the above could be done through Arse and a revamp of the IRacing link to display a better homepage and welcome site (new members etc) might be a better way to go??
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

wenmo wrote:the chance to increase and consolidate membership through one base must be an advantage.
I think the best base forum to do that through at this point is the official iRacing one.

Create a website for the club, certainly, but for the forum link it back to iRacing. Then link to here (and any others that club members may want to include) as secondary community sites.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

DarrenM wrote:
wenmo wrote:the chance to increase and consolidate membership through one base must be an advantage.
I think the best base forum to do that through at this point is the official iRacing one.

Create a website for the club, certainly, but for the forum link it back to iRacing. Then link to here (and any others that club members may want to include) as secondary community sites.
:nod:

A club website would be welcomed, we even have a logo :)

and I agree, link the forum to iRacing's own Aussie forum. link to places like here can also give the non members a place to seek wisdom.
--------------
Stu