Cap in hand, begging for help.

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
limbo

Cap in hand, begging for help.

Post by limbo »

I need a job. anything will do. we already live with the mother in law to cut costs (for both parties, her and us) i lost my job as a forklift driver before christmas and have not been able to find anything since. all of our money has been going toward keeping our girls in the catholic-education system, now there is not even enough for that. we will have to pull them out of their schools at the end of this term, and we both fear the emotional damage this will do to two very bright and sensitive girls. if anyone in Brisbane has a position vacant could they please PM me. i am not above cleaning or anything else including mucking out stables. it is an employers market at the moment, any position advertised is immediatly swamped with applications.

thanks for reading.
Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.
SE1Z

Re: Cap in hand, begging for help.

Post by SE1Z »

Good luck mate :yes:

hopefully one of our friendly ARSE's can hook you up :)
Steve
---
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Best of luck mate.

I recon you grabbed it by the balls; going after advertisements is really hard nowaday - it was never the easy way tho.
Try to go ahead and print out 100's of resumees and simply go around and put it down everywhere you can. There are many places (foodcourts, shops) they don't know if they really want to hire someone or not, but if they have a nice bloke handing in a reasonable application they might just go for it.

I know it worked for me and many others.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Might seem like a shit way of advertising, but it happens a lot around my area and seems to work:

Grab a board, slap your mobile number on it and the heading 'NEED A JOB' Say you've got a forklift ticket on there too, sit by the board in a chair hope for the best.]

Look for stressful high employee turnover style jobs, like Residential Care or something like that?

Good luck mate :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Try fast food Limbo.

I know it sounds shit having to work at KFC or Maccas but they aren't too bad a job and you can get into management straight off the cuff if you have half a brain. Send your resume into some of the bigger guys up there and see what happens.

When you said high turnover I immediately thought of fast food as I have some background in it and turnover is high.

In QLD a company by the name of "Collins Food Group" own and operate all the KFC and Sizzler outlets.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

wow! sizzler still exists in QLD??

best of luck limbo, ill be out there soon trying my best to get work. Seems like tough times.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

DexterPunk wrote:wow! sizzler still exists in QLD??
I was thinking the same thing. Not that "all you can eat" would be much of a bargain for me anymore. :p

Good luck limbo, I hope you find something soon mate. This stimulus package is actually doing as advertised for us - we're having to take on new people because of the volume of architectural work to do with schools. Lucky for us one of our specialties is schools, because the other one is car dealerships and they're not exactly rushing to spend money right now...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
pogo

Post by pogo »

Have you considered support work?

They are always crying out for male staff. Pay is reasonable and it's not really affected by financial meltdowns.

In QLD, we have Endeavour (recommended), YMCA (less so); there's bound to be a few others support services in Brissy too. Might be worth a try.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

They have 20 odd Sizzler stores in QLD, it still goes off there.

Only 3 in NSW.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

most of the others stores in vic are called Foodstar now
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Vilante wrote:They have 20 odd Sizzler stores in QLD, it still goes off there.

Only 3 in NSW.

we have 5 stores in WA.

nom nom nom
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Tried visiting recruitment agencies?

http://www.readyworkforce.com.au - This is one company I used for temp work while I was struggling, make sure you actually go down there to the local agency with your resume and forklift licence, tell them you have the fork licence straight up but are willing to do any job. They respond much faster when you actually show up rather than apply online or call them. Turning up in person is a big key to recruitment agencies, apply on the spot.

http://www.randstad.com.au/about-randst ... queensland - This is another company I've dealt with, visit the industrial division. Again I walked in and had a temp job within 4 days with these guys. These places are seriously your best option for quick casual work when your between full time jobs, a lot of jobs if you do good the employer "buys you out" aka transfers your contract of employment so you can work direct for them.

There will be heaps more of them around, just search for temporary employment agencies, contract employment agencies, etc. Never rely on the government funded places to help you (kind they make you see when your on the dole), they are a absolute f**king joke. Sure go to them to keep getting your payments, but don't expect much out of them. Private agencies are much more reliable and have a fast turnaround, someone with your skills should easily find a position with a private employment firm very quickly.

And of course, don't forget to confirm your perfect health status seeing as you have never had a serious injury or other medical condition that could affect your work performance :)